Jalen Adams on Twitter | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams on Twitter

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He liked a tweet from John Rothstein a couple of days ago that is as follows:

"UConn's issues are simple: The Huskies need better players. And lots of them. If this team had Steve Enoch, Vance Jackson, and Juwan Durham, it's in the NCAA Tournament."

We all know this to be the case, but pretty wild that he's openly acknowledging it.

Reaction Score
He probably resents those guys for abandoning him in his critical NBA audition year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He may not blame Ollie for those guys leaving. That statement could be used as a defense of sorts for Ollie.

Totally. Could go either way, but is telling in how he was thinking of the team.

Reaction Score
I would ask if Durham and Enoch were better than Ounurah and Whaley or Carlton or Williams or Cobb?
I don't think either were better (if not, at the same level) than Whaley or Carlton. At least Whaley played defense where Enoch was pedestrian most of the time. As for Onuorah/Cobb, sure, Enoch/Durham were better than them. Carlton had a somewhat established post game that he can work on, and definitely needs to work on not picking up fouls on defense. He will get better.
Williams will take time. I'm sure he'll get there.

Reaction Score
Totally. Could go either way, but is telling in how he was thinking of the team.

He’s not stupid. For two years, Adams has had to do everything for the team. Even being our second best rebounder (behind freaking Vital).

The only player to step up for him consistently was Vital. And if we can see it, He certainly knows it.

Beyond that, I got the impression that Jalen believed that his teammates didn’t adequately listen to their coach. Considering his on court behavior, and post game comments. (“We just have to listen to Coach and run his plays”)

Reaction Score
He’s not stupid. For two years, Adams has had to do everything for the team. Even being our second best rebounder (behind freaking Vital).

The only player to step up for him consistently was Vital. And if we can see it, He certainly knows it.

Beyond that, I got the impression that Jalen believed that his teammates didn’t adequately listen to their coach. Considering his on court behavior, and post game comments. (“We just have to listen to Coach and run his plays”)
His comment also makes me think either he, them, or all, will not be back.

Reaction Score
Jackson was the shooter we missed. As for the other 2...
Jackson was just so slow. Had no ability to play any defense. Especially man. We already had Laurier who couldn’t play any defense, didn’t need another guy who can’t play “D”. No place on the floor wher you could hide Jackson.

Enoch was a walking foul, nothing more could be said about him.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Jackson was the most consistent shooter last year and that was a huge loss this year with this team. No one was consistent on this team from the outside. In today's college came you need shooters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Losing Jackson was big.
Not so sure. He may have been an addition by subtraction guy, though I admit that I am basing that more on his dad's actions than his.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All three guys who left would have been major contributors.

Whatever idiotic narratives have been developed to the contrary, good players left and bad players came in to replace them.

Reaction Score
All three guys who left would have been major contributors.

Whatever idiotic narratives have been developed to the contrary, good players left and bad players came in to replace them.

Enoch --> Onourah
Durham --> Whaley
Jackson --> Cobb
MAL --> Anderson

Every single one of these was a major downgrade. There's nothing to debate.

Reaction Score
Enoch --> Onourah
Durham --> Whaley
Jackson --> Cobb
MAL --> Anderson

Every single one of these was a major downgrade. There's nothing to debate.
When you picture it like that it really jumps out at you. Wow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom