Jalen Adams NBA Draft prospects | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams NBA Draft prospects

Reaction Score
You don't think good players draw contact? Your point is odd. Absorbing contact is good. No one wants a player to AVOID contact like Jalen does.
I didn't say that. I think he's trying to stay healthy. We don't want him to avoid contact because we want him to score more points.

He wants to play professionally, he's not built like Lebron.

But to answer the NBA question - I don't think he's good enough, but that's only because he hasn't improved upon his weaknesses.

Reaction Score
I didn't say that. I think he's trying to stay healthy. We don't want him to avoid contact because we want him to score more points.

But to answer the NBA question - I don't think he's good enough, but that's only because he hasn't improved upon his weaknesses.

If it was an intentional choice, it was a poor one.

pj

Reaction Score

The solution to that is to eat and workout better so that his build gets closer to Lebron's.

If the only way to stay healthy is by avoiding defenders, you can't play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I think Alterique will be in the NBA before Jalen if he makes it

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
NBA Draft 2019 Best Remaining Players - ESPN Draftcast

For what it's worth they don't have Jalen in the top 100.....hope this lights a fire in him. To me it doesn't appear that he was the "gym rat" he needed to be in the off season working on his shooting.

I really appreciate Jalen and all our guys for hanging in with the program but amplifies that we are in desperate need of a talent infusion......not sure any legit NBA prospects on the roster, maybe Sid & Polley blossom in next couple years and surprise.
He’s more of a class act than a gym rat

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
That's my take too. Jalen was pretty talented when he came to UConn. But he hasn't really taken big steps to improve. In those articles when Hurley took the job Jalen admitted he hadn't worked hard enough.

Listen, I'm glad we have him. UConn definitely wouldn't be as good without him. But if he continues what he's doing he's not an NBA player.

Reaction Score
I can't believe what I am reading. Jalen will be in the NBA. He's got talent, size, and he's athletic. He can take over a game at any time when given the green light and not afraid to do so.
They will fix his game.

Reaction Score

Ahh okay. Misread you there

Reaction Score
I can't believe what I am reading. Jalen will be in the NBA. He's got talent, size, and he's athletic. He can take over a game at any time when given the green light and not afraid to do so.
They will fix his game.
He has the green light now. Danny wants him to shoot more. If he's afraid it's because he's missing shots. I love Jalen but he needs to pick it up. He will have to guard another NBA player in the league.

Reaction Score
Jalen is likely going to be taking a Rodney Purvis/Dham route if he's getting to the NBA.

There's a reason why he's still playing as a senior. We're really quite lucky his shooting and athleticism were just below good enough.
I just see below grade shooting. He is a great athlete like Jerome Dyson who just didn’t improve his outside shooting enough as of right now to make the league. He doesn’t hustle at times too which might give you the idea he isn’t an athelete but I think that is more his mental makeup than physical.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I just see below grade shooting. He is a great athlete like Jerome Dyson who just didn’t improve his outside shooting enough as of right now to make the league. He doesn’t hustle at times too which might give you the idea he isn’t an athelete but I think that is more his mental makeup than physical.

I’m curious to see his combine tests. Because no one thought that Hamilton would be one of the worst athletes at his position either.

Reaction Score

He's bouncy, but lacks lateral speed. His plus wimgspan may help him though

Reaction Score
They will fix his game.
He can take over a game at any time? That's good to know. I wonder why he didn't do it against FSU, or Arizona, or Iowa. Those wins would have been nice if we want to make the tournament.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
People have been writing him off his whole career and it never ever motivates him to actually get better

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If Hurley was Jalen's coach last year he would be on draft radars this year.

Unfortunately KO never lit a fire under him to get the most out of him, and I fear it's too late for that with just 1 year under Hurley.

Jalen, much like Purvis, has the talent to play in the league but just never got pushed hard enough, I feel, to develop the habits and consistent production be(specically, shooting) of true pro. This is something Calhoun did well and I feel Hurley is in a similar mold.

Reaction Score
He's bouncy, but lacks lateral speed. His plus wimgspan may help him though
Well he does have some great ups and I don't think he lacks the lateral speed that you mention. I think it is more about his mental makeup and playing smooth instead of tenacious. I don't think he realizes he can't coast on fancy layups for the rest of his college career.

Reaction Score
I’m curious to see his combine tests. Because no one thought that Hamilton would be one of the worst athletes at his position either.
Are you serious? Hamilton could barely dunk a basketball and he had 4-5inches on Jalen. He might not be Dyson athletic but he has some serious ability. I think it is all mental with him.

Reaction Score
Avoids contact like the plague. Needs to be more physical. G league player. Needs to go the Purvis DHam rout

Reaction Score
I think college basketball fans seriously underestimate the huge talent leap to the NBA.
Add to that the small number of roster spots available each year. There's lots of college star players who have what it takes to be a
pro, but not in the NBA. Small flaws have a way of being magnified in the bright lights of
NBA scouts.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is that Jalen is good, not great. If he was great, we would have found a way to beat AZ or FSU. I hope he can play his way into the draft. He is a bit forgotten based on the team being unranked and out of the spotlight for 2 solid years. He will need to really flip the switch to get back on the draft radar. He needs to show that he can dominate. In my opinion, that is an issue of focus more than ability. I think he has the tools and athleticism.

Reaction Score
Nba style does fit Jalen. I think he can play in the NBA. But he has to do certain things

1. Keep improving on shooting
2. Work on conditioning
3. Work on creating for others

I see Jalen being like Jordan clarkson

A back up point guard with over 80 million in earnings

Clarkson was a 4 year player who started the first half of his rookie season in the G league.

Jalen has the potential to be better than clarkson. He really needs to take his conditioning more seriously. Hate to see him waste his talent

This is actually a really good stylistic comparison. Clarkson is not a good NBA player and I think this has been realized by the community by now but he did make a crap ton of money. Hopefully Jalen can follow his lead and get drafted in the 2nd round by a tanking team and put up some big and meaningless numbers.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I see more NBA potential in Jalen than many here. True, he needs to change his heart and his mental approach to the game. Jalen must think and live the game. Focusing on getting better each and every day. I understand why others are skeptical he will do that since he has not consistently presented these traits. Chief thinks he can and hopes he will.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I see more NBA potential in Jalen than many here. True, he needs to change his heart and his mental approach to the game. Jalen must think and live the game. Focusing on getting better each and every day. I understand why others are skeptical he will do that since he has not consistently presented these traits. Chief thinks he can and hopes he will.

Jalen is an enigma. Us diehards think he should be better, even though he is awesome as it is. He has innate body control and finishing ability that separate himself from most NBA guards. His weaknesses seem improvable but he hasn't improved. I'm not sure if this is because of his work ethic, or the coaching and development of KO but I imagine we will find out in 5 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom