Jalen Adams fixed this team | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams fixed this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what we learned the past 3 games, right? That when Jalen is on the court it fixes movement on offense, ability to finish at the rim, and our Perimeter defense.

So Ollie buried him on the bench for the entire 2nd half, essentially of this game.

I can't. even.

Meanwhile, without our best perimeter defender Temple bombs 3s, and our offense stagnates with Gibbs chewing gum and pounding the rock from 35 feet for 20 seconds every god damned possession.

But no, no, this is totally not at all on KO.

What a flustercuck

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So Ollie buried him on the bench for the entire 2nd half, essentially.

Meanwhile, without our best perimeter defender Temple bombs 3s, and our offense stagnates with Gibbs chewing gum and pounding the rock from 35 feet for 20 seconds every god damned possession.

But no, no, this is totally not at all on KO.

What a flustercuck

Agreed entirely. People want to point to the missed layups. I think we would have probably been up 20 if Jalen was in there in the second half. The offense stalled and KO did NOTHING to spark the team. In fact, he did the opposite by leaving Jalen out until 2 mins left. Then I'm not sure what he was trying to prove by 'punishing' Brimah for essentially having the ball slip out of his hands with wrapped broken fingers.

Reaction Score
Love Omar but he is not supposed to get more 2nd half minutes than JA, especially in a tight game and where our lead is evaporating.

I'd like to know who our lineup was (adjustment) when our 14 point lead went down to 6.

Reaction Score
I was wondering why Jalen was not playing in the 2nd half. For 12 minutes KO looked genius. Then an epic collapse. One of our worst. I dont know why Jalen didn't play, but i cant blame KO for thd loss completely. Rodney missed layups again. Amida cant grab the ball....

Reaction Score
Agreed entirely. People want to point to the missed layups. I think we would have probably been up 20 if Jalen was in there in the second half. The offense stalled and KO did NOTHING to spark the team. In fact, he did the opposite by leaving Jalen out until 2 mins left. Then I'm not sure what he was trying to prove by 'punishing' Brimah for essentially having the ball slip out of his hands with wrapped broken fingers.
And it's about the FIFTH time it's happened this year!!! That is the concern...,.forget players improving....our coach is getting worse!!! And do we have any assistants, or do they all just sit there w charts and keep statistics??

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

BS excuse. If he's disciplined, don't play him at all. Instead you throw him back in the game with 2 mins left and expect him to run the team? Absolutely unfair to him and the team. KO basically cost the team this game by trying to prove a point.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to worry about Jalen off the court. This is at least the 2nd time there's been rumors of disciplinary reasons as the cause for less pt. I love his game, but what is going on with this kid.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to worry about Jalen off the court. This is at least the 2nd time there's been rumors of disciplinary reasons as the cause for less pt. I love his game, but what is going on with this kid.

There's no way this was off the court/outside of the team. He started the first half.

If it had been an issue outside of the team, he would've sat the first half, not the second. I think he's probably fed up and I wouldn't blame him. I hope KO doesn't get too head strong and force some animosity to make a "point."

Reaction Score
There's no way this was off the court/outside of the team. He started the first half.

If it had been an issue outside of the team, he would've sat the first half, not the second. I think
he's probably fed up and I wouldn't blame him. I hope KO doesn't get too head strong and force some animosity to make a "point."

I dont really understand what happened. Everything about the situation was odd. I don't really get why Jalen has such a short leash. Why he starts then sits essentially the entire second half. And finally, I'm wondering if he'll be on the team next year. He was publically embarassed by KO today. On a couple levels.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I dont really understand what happened. Everything about the situation was odd. I don't really get why Jalen has such a short leash. Why he starts then sits essentially the entire second half. And finally, I'm wondering if he'll be on the team next year. He was publically embarassed by KO today. On a couple levels.

Yes, because at of one small misfortune or two, they kid is going to tuck his tail and run. That makes sense.

JC publicly embarrassed kids every single game. They either toughen up or they don't.

note: regardless of the reason, the benching was a tactically poor maneuver.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what disciplinary message was being sent to Adams, and neither is he, but what is completely nuts is we replaced a 7 footer with a 6-2 guard. We just gave up 10 inches of height at a crucial juncture in the game. Temple proceeded to hammer us on the boards and score in the paint the rest of the game.

If Ollie was pissed at Brimah, fine, but at least put Nolan or Facey in for him, not a guard. Taking Gibbs out for Adams might have been addition by subtraction at that point.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what disciplinary message was being sent to Adams, and neither is he, but what is completely nuts is we replaced a 7 footer with a 6-2 guard. We just gave up 10 inches of height at a crucial juncture in the game. Temple proceeded to hammer us on the boards and score in the paint the rest of the game.

If Ollie was pissed at Brimah, fine, but at least put Nolan or Facey in for him, not a guard. Taking Gibbs out for Adams might have been addition by subtraction at that point.

yeahhh not sure if anyone remembers but we had Hamilton playing center for a possession... what was that?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yes, because at of one small misfortune or two, they kid is going to tuck his tail and run. That makes sense.

JC publicly embarrassed kids every single game. They either toughen up or they don't.

note: regardless of the reason, the benching was a tactically poor maneuver.

I doubt his benching was a game tactic. But putting him in when the game was slipping away was a big mistake.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Just watched the game and words can't explain how pissed I am at Ollie. Situations like these is why high school stars would never come to UConn because for some reason we don't let the best players just play. Jalen is the only player on the team with heart it seems like and makes good decisions and competes. But for some reason he has the shortest leash. LET HIM PLAY. Rodney Purvis makes bonehead plays all the time that go unpunished. Sterling Gibbs is at fault for many bad possessions but he continues to have a extremely long leash which I don't understand because all he does right now is shoot. Daniel Hamilton plays so soft its ridiculous and is never punished for it. I can't count how many times he doesn't hustle after a loose and just gives up on plays. So the ONE guy on the team who wants to step up and consistently lead, attack, and compete you want to punish? Doesn't make any sense. Also we were getting killed on the boards all game yet we don't see Facey or Enoch all game. But we keep seeing I can't make a layup Phil. I am so upset that we blew this game.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No clue what happened but it shouldn't have and needs to be straightened out before the next game. This Jekyll and Hyde is killing me.

Reaction Score
I thought Adams played aggressive and with more intensity than anyone first half. Maybe he missed one defensive assignment on the 3 so bench him for 18 minutes and then throw him out there in a position to lose with 2 minutes left? Shame on Ollie. Daniel Hamilton was a zombie for most the first half and as usual a disaster in crunch time. It would be nice if KO would get on Hamilton once in a while instead of taking it all out on Adams.

Reaction Score
So Hamilton is a problem now too? Is he in a shooting slump, maybe, but he leads the conference in rebounds and assists per game for chrissakes.

A bunch of chicken littles crying that the sky is falling all the time on here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I've read your posts in multiple threads now and I have to ask, are you rooting for Jalen to transfer? Because it seems like you are. I get that we lost and everyone's world is in shambles, but does your hatred for Kevin Ollie really run that deep?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Right. No high school stars ever come to Uconn. Post like this remind me why I never should come to the boneyard after a bad loss.
Bad wording on never but we usually don't get top 10 players for a reason. They go to UK, Duke, or UNC where if you're talented or the best player you will play regardless of class standing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So Hamilton is a problem now too? Is he in a shooting slump, maybe, but he leads the conference in rebounds and assists per game for chrissakes.

A bunch of chicken littles crying that the sky is falling all the time on here.
Stats don't tell a whole story. Hamilton makes plays, yeah, but he has more dumb errors that could be avoided by him just playing harder or having more focus.

Reaction Score
Stats don't tell a whole story. Hamilton makes plays, yeah, but he has more dumb errors that could be avoided by him just playing harder or having more focus.

There's no taking away his importance on the defensive boards (he rarely gets an offensive one, but then again who does?) and the fact he can make plays. But he also dribbles too much at ill advised times I agree and ends up either taking bad shots or giving the ball to people on occasion with little time on the clock. On defense he has improved but is careless and impatient, often leaving his man to #1 rebound and #2 try to make a play off the ball. Hurt us twice on 3's late yesterday with these type of mental errors.

Reaction Score
Bad wording on never but we usually don't get top 10 players for a reason. They go to UK, Duke, or UNC where if you're talented or the best player you will play regardless of class standing.

If that's supposed to mean JA Is our best player right now I'm not sure what to say.

Reaction Score
how are there disciplinary reasons when half the game is over?

Oz said Jalen went off on coaches and a player at half. Can't blame him though, I'd be pretty pissed if my team didn't have any heart either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom