Jalen Adams fixed this team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams fixed this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, because at of one small misfortune or two, they kid is going to tuck his tail and run. That makes sense.

JC publicly embarrassed kids every single game. They either toughen up or they don't.

note: regardless of the reason, the benching was a tactically poor maneuver.

I wonder if this is KO's attempt at holding players accountable for mistakes...

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Oz said Jalen went off on coaches and a player at half. Can't blame him though, I'd be pretty pissed if my team didn't have any heart either!!

Wasn't El-Amin (in his freshman year) always yelling at others? I don't think JC punished Khalid for going off. KEA had the fire, and seems JA may have it too. I don't know what he said, but perhaps he was right?

Reaction Score
Oz said Jalen went off on coaches and a player at half. Can't blame him though, I'd be pretty pissed if my team didn't have any heart either!!
I'm torn about this. I mean, this sorta sounds like Jalen was showing some leadership. But maybe he was being a punk. I guess I would have to hear what he said.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
There's no taking away his importance on the defensive boards (he rarely gets an offensive one, but then again who does?) and the fact he can make plays. But he also dribbles too much at ill advised times I agree and ends up either taking bad shots or giving the ball to people on occasion with little time on the clock. On defense he has improved but is careless and impatient, often leaving his man to #1 rebound and #2 try to make a play off the ball. Hurt us twice on 3's late yesterday with these type of mental errors.
My problem isn't with DHam so much offensively its more defensively and effort. He plays too relaxed and doesn't look to compete out there it seems.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If that's supposed to mean JA Is our best player right now I'm not sure what to say.
No he's not our best player but he seems to be our most important guard. I feel so much better when Jalen is in the game rather than Sterling right now. Sterling has been terrible running our offense. If Jalen went off on coaches and players at the half good. Just continuing to show just how much of a leader he is and he should not have been punished for it. The faster KO lets Jalen have control of the team the better.

Reaction Score

Yeah, no doubt. The freshman definitely stands above the coaching staff in the pecking order. I'm surprised Jalen let the coaches sit on the bench for the second half. He should have made them watch from the locker room.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yeah, no doubt. The freshman definitely stands above the coaching staff in the pecking order. I'm surprised Jalen let the coaches sit on the bench for the second half. He should have made them watch from the locker room.
While I recognize the reason for your post, and don't disagree with it (No player should go off on coaches)......... I kinda wish you weren't being sarcastic and what you just wrote was a possibility. We couldve come out of there with a W.

Reaction Score
Yes, because at of one small misfortune or two, they kid is going to tuck his tail and run. That makes sense.

JC publicly embarrassed kids every single game. They either toughen up or they don't.

note: regardless of the reason, the benching was a tactically poor maneuver.
JA on the bench did not lose this game - poor on court leadership, lack of effort for 40 minutes especially when UConn gets a lead, poor team chemistry on the floor, not learning from past mistakes, overconfidence when not warranted in my mind are some of the reasons for this team's chronic under performance

Reaction Score
Agreed entirely. People want to point to the missed layups. I think we would have probably been up 20 if Jalen was in there in the second half. The offense stalled and KO did NOTHING to spark the team. In fact, he did the opposite by leaving Jalen out until 2 mins left. Then I'm not sure what he was trying to prove by 'punishing' Brimah for essentially having the ball slip out of his hands with wrapped broken fingers.
We did pretty well thru the 5 minute mark of the 2nd half without Adams...and then all hell broke loose...the dropped dunk pass and the missed layups started the downhill slide..

Reaction Score
While I recognize the reason for your post, and don't disagree with it (No player should go off on coaches).... I kinda wish you weren't being sarcastic and what you just wrote was a possibility. We couldve come out of there with a W.

Honestly, it defies explanation that they lost that game. I'm pretty checked out on this group after last night. They had to work to give that game away and it's not the first time it's happened.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...this sorta sounds like Jalen was showing some leadership. But maybe he was being a punk...

Based on his gestures after that last bonehead pass, I'm leaning toward punk. And playing three weak teams previous "fixed" this team more than Adams.

Reaction Score
It really is amazing how consistently dumb you are at all times.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
JA on the bench did not lose this game - poor on court leadership, lack of effort for 40 minutes especially when UConn gets a lead, poor team chemistry on the floor, not learning from past mistakes, overconfidence when not warranted in my mind are some of the reasons for this team's chronic under performance

I didn't say he was the only reason. But of your points above, poor team chemistry and poor on the court leadership are directly attributable to poor PG play. Without JA, we've got not PG.

Reaction Score
It really is amazing how consistently dumb you are at all times.

Even OZ said he doesn't mind what Jalen did. None of you understand. This team needs someone to get in their faces and since Ollie won't do it, Jalen will. Jalen is one of the only ones showing fight along with Shonn Miller. Keep calling me dumb too, it really hurts my feelings!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Even OZ said he doesn't mind what Jalen did. None of you understand. This team needs someone to get in their faces and since Ollie won't do it, Jalen will. Jalen is one of the only ones showing fight along with Shonn Miller. Keep calling me dumb too, it really hurts my feelings!!

Well, Ollie got in Jalen's face. Apparently, he thought he needed it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

You must have absolutely zero background in playing or coaching organized sports.

Reaction Score
Oh wow, some dude on another message board that knows KO said he doesn't mind what Jalen did? That's so incredibly meaningful.

Since you're clearly an insider based upon your comments, what exactly did Jalen do?

Reaction Score
Well, Ollie got in Jalen's face. Apparently, he thought he needed it.

He did need it. Jalen will learn. I'm just glad that someone has some fire in them. Not saying what he did was right, just saying I can't blame him for it.

You must have absolutely zero background in playing or coaching organized sports.

I was a 3 sport athlete from the time I was 5 until I graduated high school. Football, basketball, track.

Reaction Score
Oh wow, some dude on another message board that knows KO said he doesn't mind what Jalen did? That's so incredibly meaningful.

Since you're clearly an insider based upon your comments, what exactly did Jalen do?

It's a lot more meaningful than anything you have to say. I don't claim to be an insider, just relaying what Oz said onto here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He did need it. Jalen will learn. I'm just glad that someone has some fire in them. Not saying what he did was right, just saying I can't blame him for it.

I was a 3 sport athlete from the time I was 5 until I graduated high school. Football, basketball, track.

It sure doesn't shine through.

Reaction Score
It's a lot more meaningful than anything you have to say. I don't claim to be an insider, just relaying what Oz said onto here.
Of course you're claiming to to be an insider. You said Jalen and Miller are the only guys who have heart, and you can't blame Jalen for what he did. So obviously you must know what he did, and I would like to know what he did as well. I'm sure there are a lot of other people here who would like to know.

Reaction Score
It sure doesn't shine through.

Once again, I'm not saying what Jalen did was right. I'm just saying I can't blame him. I'd be mad too if I was on the team and saw that atrocious effort on the court last night by my teammates.

Reaction Score
Of course you're claiming to to be an insider. You said Jalen and Miller are the only guys who have heart, and you can't blame Jalen for what he did. So obviously you must know what he did, and I would like to know what he did as well. I'm sure there are a lot of other people here who would like to know.

Yeah he went off on the coaches and a player during halftime, just as Oz said. That's all anyone on this board knows, clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom