Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 72 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm usually realistic when it comes to assessing our incoming freshmen. I'm not one of those, "Lubin is the next Dajuan Blair, or Scotty Harrelson is the next Rashad".

But god damn its impossible not to expect greatness from Jalen Adams. I really think he is going to be one of the top 5 best freshman we've had in the last 10 years. Kid is just an absolute stud. There's no other way to put it.

The difference is that Adams is actually ranked highly, so it's not a stretch to expect stardom.

A lot of the time, the bigger stretch is projecting that someone completely off the radar will contribute at all.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see him in the uni playing - one of our most exciting incoming kids in a long time. Not to diminish others who have made their rookie appearances but he just looks like he's going to be a ton of excitement.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Gibbs not in the top 20 PGs?

its for the draft. anyway i would take anything cbs writers put out with a grain of salt. ferrell, ulis,and van fleet aren't better pro prospects than adams ( the former are all under 5'11 with subar length/ath) , and I would argue payton is actually a shooting guard.

Reaction Score
its for the draft. anyway i would take anything cbs writers put out with a grain of salt. ferrell, ulis,and van fleet aren't better pro prospects than adams ( the former are all under 5'11 with subar length/ath) , and I would argue payton is actually a shooting guard.

Agreed. I would take anything from Vecenie, Norlander, etc. with a grain of salt. I value their opinion no more than a decent message board poster, which obviously counts for jack. This is the type of sports writing you see when the big boys value breaking stories more than analysis. NBA analysis has caught up to its popularity, but MCBB analysis clearly hasn't. Obviously, the guy is biased as hell, but champs puts forward much more detailed thought into his essays than any of these guys ever do. MCBB talk is primed for a few analytical minds who actually watch the tape and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing who steps up.

Reaction Score
I get that it's for the draft. Will Gibbs not be entering the draft?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
How the hell do they see Ulis who can barely reach the top shelf as a better pro prospect than a hyper-athletic Adams? Oh wait, I know.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How the hell do they see Ulis who can barely reach the top shelf as a better pro prospect than a hyper-athletic Adams? Oh wait, I know.
He's played well on a college basketball floor on a big stage? Might have something to do with It

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Well regardless, the team who drafts Tyler Ulis is dumb. There's like 5 NBA guards that he could defend. With all the length in the NBA, he doesn't stand a chance. He's not athletic enough to compensate for such an extreme lack of height.

Reaction Score
Well regardless, the team who drafts Tyler Ulis is dumb. There's like 5 NBA guards that he could defend. With all the length in the NBA, he doesn't stand a chance. He's not athletic enough to compensate for such an extreme lack of height.
I agree with this. At that height, you need, Nate Robinson, Ryan Boatright, Spud Webb, Mugsy Bouges, type athleticism and I don't see it with that kid. Great college point though, and could shoot it well from three.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I agree with this. At that height, you need, Nate Robinson, Ryan Boatright, Spud Webb, Mugsy Bouges, type athleticism and I don't see it with that kid. Great college point though, and could shoot it well from three.
Yeah, and that's what scares me about him. He'll be around for 4 years, and bring the kind of veteran backcourt savvy to these next 3 UK teams that the last 3 have lacked. In other words, it's not going to be possible to beat them the way that we beat them in 2014.

I said at the time that he was Squid's most important recruit since Davis, and I still believe that.

Reaction Score
When I saw Adams play in person, I was very impressed. He does more things well than any UConn freshman guard I can remember.

C

Chief00

Quick frankly, that's quite a statement considering all the past great guards but it's not totally outrageous - Adams is very good in Chief's opinion.

Reaction Score
Since we're not gonna see them play against meaningful competition until November I'm holding off on their NBA draft rankings and awards until then.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and that's what scares me about him. He'll be around for 4 years, and bring the kind of veteran backcourt savvy to these next 3 UK teams that the last 3 have lacked. In other words, it's not going to be possible to beat them the way that we beat them in 2014.

I said at the time that he was Squid's most important recruit since Davis, and I still believe that.

Yeah fully agree, when we got Boatright, I can recall thinking "good, undersized guys are almost never able to leave early, we'll have this kid for years", I was so angry that Kentucky got a guy like that, the literal perfect remedy to their main problem (the fact that the roster is completely different from year to year and almost always stocked with freshmen/sophomores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom