Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 53 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Late shotclock cross over lose your man and reverse finish in traffic.

Reaction Score
adams is nuts. best player on the floor, just had a sick chasedown block

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
looked like all ball. But he has been sloppy. Five turnovers at least and some make Rodney and OC and TSam look good

Reaction Score
For those of you watching him for the first time, that was probably a C performance by Adams.

He's a scary-good talent.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
For those of you watching him for the first time, that was probably a C performance by Adams.

He's a scary-good talent.
color commentator made that clear. kid is scary good but really looked out of sorts in this game

Reaction Score
JalenCross_zps6qyidxjk.gif

Reaction Score
jalencross2_zpsk9umnyhp.gif

Unfortunately nothing worthwhile to GIF of Steve. He played much better yesterday.

Reaction Score
My buddy at the game was not impressed with Enoch. He even went as far as saying that he should red shirt next season. I know it was only one game but we need another big bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not literally, of course.

“Jalen [Adams] is a stud,” said Smith. “He’s an ultimate competitor, and all he cares about is winning. It’s killing him- the season UConn is having- I’m sure he wishes he could step in right now to help coach [Kevin] Ollie out, and I’m sure he’s going to contribute from day one.”

Personally, I think we should bubble-wrap him to make sure he gets to campus in perfect order.

Watching the game today, he reminds me of a meaner version of Ben Gordon when he was at Mount Vernon.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My buddy at the game was not impressed with Enoch. He even went as far as saying that he should red shirt next season. I know it was only one game but we need another big bad.
If you know it was only one game. And, that a sample size of one game is totally meaningless. Less so when it's from a laymen and not a coach from an elite college program (UCONN). Why do you believe it?

Reaction Score
I have been watching some of the videos on twitter and man this kids looks like a stud.

I am praying that KO gets him another running mate or two for THIS class so he doesnt have to do it all by himself.

Reaction Score
I have been watching some of the videos on twitter and man this kids looks like a stud.

I am praying that KO gets him another running mate or two for THIS class so he doesnt have to do it all by himself.

with hamilton working out and getting better over the summer, i'm excited about the hamilton/adams combo

Reaction Score
What has Enoch average d over the year--he really looks like a great recruit. He also young.

Reaction Score
I agree Letsgohuskies.....but we need to add another piece or two in the backcourt with JA to go with Purvis for some depth/shooting.

caw

Reaction Score
With Brewsters four guards, I'm sure they make most bigs look slow. Missed this game though.

Edit: it's kind of funny how different fans an see such different things from the same game depending on how you are invested. UL fans were full of hate on Adams because he was "ball-hogging" and a TO machine mainly because Mitchell wasn't seeing the rock as much as they want (because he isn't a PG).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The expectations for this kid are going to be unreal.

Please recall how AJ, Kemba, Napier and Boatright's freshman seasons went.

People are expecting this guy to come in and grab hold of the reigns like the guys before him, but it takes time.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
You think hamilton brimah connection was nice... Adams throws the oopers all day with the teammates hes got, he will be feeding brimah easy

Reaction Score
The expectations for this kid are going to be unreal.

Please recall how AJ, Kemba, Napier and Boatright's freshman seasons went.

People are expecting this guy to come in and grab hold of the reigns like the guys before him, but it takes time.

I'm sort of with you. I'm hopefully he comes in and shows the type of promise that Hamilton showed this pass year. Where we make a run imo is if Hamilton and Brimah come back for Jalen's sophomore year! I think we have the talent and the vet leadership at that point to be extremely dangerous.

I do hold out hope for next season though. The exciting thing with an incoming player is you never know what you are going to get until he starts playing in games regardless of the hype from recruiting. There is always the chance that Jalen is a super freshman that comes in and just has IT. I'm hoping for that, and I honestly wouldn't be completely shocked if that were the case. IF that is the case, next year could very well be a year with a better Amida, and Hamilton. And if Purvis and anyone else on the team gives us anything at all, we are in for it.

Always reason to be excited when it comes to new players coming in.

Reaction Score
With Brewsters four guards, I'm sure they make most bigs look slow. Missed this game though.

Edit: it's kind of funny how different fans an see such different things from the same game depending on how you are invested. UL fans were full of hate on Adams because he was "ball-hogging" and a TO machine mainly because Mitchell wasn't seeing the rock as much as they want (because he isn't a PG).

That's very true. I thought Stanley Johnson was ball hoggin in the McDonalds ALl-American game and D Ham didn't get that many touches lol. Well I guess it was the McDonalds game 1, and 2, Stanley was the better player then. Jalens was probably taking more shots and ball hogging because nobody else on the team could do what he was doing. Kind of like how Boatright is forced to take more shots then he might want to for our team.

Reaction Score
One observation, I've made with this years team, is they stand around waiting for Boat to create something for them.
Hopefully, next year, Hamilton, and at least 1 or 2 others need to eventually learn to create matters on their own.
Only other creator is Hamilton with his ally-oops to Brimah. Sometimes this works, sometimes Daniel should just take the shot.
Don't know who else will be on this team, but, as of now Purvis needs to step up, and hopefully Adams can fill Boat's role, but not with the entire team hanging on his britches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom