Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
scooter-crash.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Disappointing at best
I guess it wasn't about KO being too complacent with JA and some of the others
Some kids just don't learn the meaning of growing up and being responsible.
Not playing them in a scrimmage is a start but is it enough?
C'mon JA and Sid, the team need you both, man up and act like you belong

Reaction Score
I think fans are making this a bigger issue than what it is. It seems that he and Sid were not allowed to play because they may have not been giving their all during some of the practices, and are not living to their potential.

It’s no coincidence that Hurley has stated Jalen and Sid have the highest potential when it comes to being NBA talents. He expects a lot from them and in order for them to reach the NBA they have to bring their all each day, no matter how talented they are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I care much more about this than the scrimmage results.
It does make sense of the scrimmage results, though doesn't it?

Not the UConn MBB news I was hoping for this morning but sitting out Jalen is an easy way for DH to let the team know that he is serious about accountability. Hopefully the message was received.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can't we put the KO stuff behind us? Let's all get behind our new coach.
I hear you and am 100% behind Hurley, but for example in other threads posters are pounding the notion that KO’s flaws were the reason for Jalen not being where he should be by now. Based on the available body of evidence I tend to think that Jalen himself bears a fair share of responsibility as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't we put the KO stuff behind us? Let's all get behind our new coach.
Agree generally, but it is a fair question to ask. Reminds me of back in the day when Mike McKay showed up five minutes late to practice. Perno called him out on it and McKay walked out. Next day, McKay showed up 10 minutes late and Perno didn't say a word. Accountability is key for any organization.

Change of culture is never easy and often takes an example to take hold. Hopefully it won't take more than one.

Reaction Score
UConn MBB has been a dumpster fire for a couple of years and is trying to return to it's former level of consistent high success.
Part of that effort is successfully recruiting high-level players.
We are awaiting a decision from one of these prospects and doing our best to impress another on-campus right now.
The team member our head coach states is our best player is suspended for the team's first scrimmage for violating team rules.
Simply a terrible scenario to demonstrate to these prospects, what JA does affects his teammates and UConn MBB, sadly this is solely on JA and could have consequences beyond the effect on this season.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think fans are making this a bigger issue than what it is. It seems that he and Sid were not allowed to play because they may have not been giving their all during some of the practices, and are not living to their potential.

It’s no coincidence that Hurley has stated Jalen and Sid have the highest potential when it comes to being NBA talents. He expects a lot from them and in order for them to reach the NBA they have to bring their all each day, no matter how talented they are.

What kind of spin is this? We didn’t get the box score of the game but we found out that our senior captain/leader was screwing around and we should look the other way? I hope others don’t feel this way

pj

Reaction Score
Great move by Hurley to send a message to the whole team through two of the three best players.

He's re-shaping the culture. I don't think he minded losing the scrimmage. It tells everyone there's a lot of room for improvement.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yep. Hurley has them right where he wants them without losing a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom