Jaime Nared | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaime Nared

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
ESPN.COM has NARED as the #1 wing in the country and top 5 in the country. This is a HUGE get for the lady vols. Whoever thinks this is NOT a BIG get is OUT OF THEIR MINDS.... So i guess since NONE OF UCONNS 3 COMMITS ARE IN THE TOP 10 RIGHT NOW ON ESPN NONE OF THEM ARE BIG GETS EITHER. ESPN.COM (WHICH IS THE NUMBER ONE RECRUITING SERVICE! COME ON NOW ITS ESPN!) ALL THOSE OTHER RECRUITING SERVICES DO NOT COME CLOSE TO COMPARING TO ESPN.

Thank you for your interest in UConn Women's Basketball...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
ESPN.COM has NARED as the #1 wing in the country and top 5 in the country. This is a HUGE get for the lady vols. Whoever thinks this is NOT a BIG get is OUT OF THEIR MINDS.... So i guess since NONE OF UCONNS 3 COMMITS ARE IN THE TOP 10 RIGHT NOW ON ESPN NONE OF THEM ARE BIG GETS EITHER. ESPN.COM (WHICH IS THE NUMBER ONE RECRUITING SERVICE! COME ON NOW ITS ESPN!) ALL THOSE OTHER RECRUITING SERVICES DO NOT COME CLOSE TO COMPARING TO ESPN.

Please don't shout at us. All caps is considered rude.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Most of those recruiting sites other than espn are a complete joke. ESPN IS THE NUMBER ONE THAT COUNTS.... COMPOSITE RANKINGS.... USING BILLY BOBS RECRUITING SERVICE HAHAHHAHA LOL
ESPN is probably one of the least important recruiting services to anyone other than fans. You overestimate it's importance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ESPN is probably one of the least important recruiting services to anyone other than fans. You overestimate it's importance.
Since the old Hoopgurlz switched over to ProspectNation. We'll have to wait and see how good this new Hoopgurlz is. I still like their format best though.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Since the old Hoopgurlz switched over to ProspectNation. We'll have to wait and see how good this new Hoopgurlz is. I still like their format best though.
Most of its importance is because of its accessibility to fans and it's big splash visibility. That it has changed sources several times does not necessarily improve it value.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Some people just dont know what open mindedness is"

"Whoever thinks this is NOT a BIG get is OUT OF THEIR MINDS...."

Indeed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ESPN.COM has NARED as the #1 wing in the country and top 5 in the country. This is a HUGE get for the lady vols. Whoever thinks this is NOT a BIG get is OUT OF THEIR MINDS....
I'm inclined to agree. For Tennessee, this is a big big get.

Oops, I guess I should make that a BIG BIG get.

:rolleyes:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Blue Star - For over 25 years Blue Star has been one of the most influential organizations in selecting and advising such publications rankings and listings as found in The Sporting News, USA Today, Gatorade Circle of Champions, and McDonalds All American Team just to name a few. These rankings and evaluations are part of our national Blue Star Report available to media & colleges across the country.

ASGR - All-Star Girls Report is one of the sources top recruiters use to narrow the field and make the best player selections. Bret McCormick is the Events Managing Partner and publisher of All-Star Girls Report. They have been around for almost 20 years, or since Geno won his FIRST NC.

Prospect Nation - These are the old Hoopgurlz staff that switched over to ProspectNation. Chris Hanson, Keil Moore and Brandon Clay are well respected recruiting service evaluators.

I won't trash Dan Olson of ESPN. Some of his rankings just don't make sense. But that is true with all the other services. It's not an exact science. But please don't insult the other services. They all have their pluses and minuses. When one service has a player either too high or too low when you look at all the services, it's reasonable to think the #5 for Nared is the outlier here.

The last two Tennessee recruits have been questioned here based on their rankings. Dunbar is ranked 79 by ESPN. All the Tennessee fans are convinced that is way too low. So which is it? Is ESPN the be all of recruiting sites or not?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She played on boys teams until she was 12. She was dominated the boys. So she was told she couldn't play on the team. Her coach on Team Concept said she is a very physical player. She has a great jump shot.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
She played on boys teams until she was 12. She was dominated the boys. So she was told she couldn't play on the team. Her coach on Team Concept said she is a very physical player. She has a great jump shot.
Great report. I'm convinced. Congrats on getting such a wonderful player.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
DD, you feelin' okay? You're being pretty patient and reasonable. That's not like you. Take an ibuprofen, drink some water, have some soup, and go back to bed! :D
I guess the meds are working.

Reaction Score
Opinions vary.

#5 (by Dan Olson now Hoopgurlz)
#19 by Blue Star
#25 by ASGR
#40 by Prospect Nation

#9 by Fullcourt. I would consider Jaime to be a Top 20-25 recruit.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
#9 by Fullcourt. I would consider Jaime to be a Top 20-25 recruit.

I updated my own personal & subjective categories , and I would now put her squarely in the "big-time get" category..... vowelguy's composite ranking has her at #13 which is very solid (he includes Full Court in his data set).

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I updated my own personal & subjective categories , and I would now put her squarely in the "big-time get" category..... vowelguy's composite ranking has her at #13 which is very solid (he includes Full Court in his data set).
I think you need a category between a big time get and a good get. Maybe a very good get?

I don't know how vowel guy computes his numbers, but the average ranking for her is 20. A very good get.

Reaction Score
You also have to consider different services may rank them on different criteria. It is based on which player is better now or how they would develop in college, etc.

Anyway, I've seen her the past 2 years at EOT. I'm not quite sure where I would rate her. She definitely is a TOP 10, maybe even 5 talent. But every game I've seen, she would have some amazing spurts, and then she totally disappears. Particularly when I saw Team Concept play against NW Blazers. She was matched up against the Stanford recruit, and was outplayed the majority of the game. It will depend on how she develops, because I think she has the physical tools and skill to be really really good.

Reaction Score
Well, the facts are she is ranked 5, 19, 25 and 44 in the 4 ranking services I mentioned.

You chose to use the ONE service that makes her a big time get.

I chose to use a wider look using the 4 services and make a determination based on that.

I don't blame you. Being a fan is all about being optimistic.
Maybe we should call her a "pretty big get" and end the discussion. Ratings in the area that she is can turn out to be really really good and contribute mightily and conversely, could be someone who gets minutes to rest a first string player. Seems like time will tell.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should call her a "pretty big get" and end the discussion.

Just as long we agree to point the finger at the LV coaching staff for once again failing to develop "big time" talent which can be measured in terms of AA's and NC's. Personally, I could give a rats behind if the LV's landed the Top 5 recruits in the nation, since their coaching staff has proven time and time again in recent years that they are incapable of ensuring the job gets taken care of. I predict the LV's won't have to change their current motto for the remainder of the decade. LOL @ "Grind For 9" and LV fans in general!

So looking forward to UConn celebrating #9 in Nashville in front of all the boo-hooing LV fans!!

Reaction Score
Just as long we agree to point the finger at the LV coaching staff for once again failing to develop "big time" talent which can be measured in terms of AA's and NC's. Personally, I could give a rats behind if the LV's landed the Top 5 recruits in the nation, since their coaching staff has proven time and time again in recent years that they are incapable of ensuring the job gets taken care of. I predict the LV's won't have to change their current motto for the remainder of the decade. LOL @ "Grind For 9" and LV fans in general!

So looking forward to UConn celebrating #9 in Nashville in front of all the boo-hooing LV fans!!
wow. how do you really feel? guess all those talented players like the sec player of the year (simmons) graves (national freshman of the year) glory johnson (All-american, WNBA all-star) Stricklen (All-american) candace (all-star MVP, WNBA mvp) catchings (WNBA MVP, AA, etc) were all just flukes. who knew.

championship drought? of course. but let's not go over into never never land. ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom