Jaime Nared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Swish Appeal, Jaime Nared has committed to Tennessee

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not unexpected as she's from Oregon and close friends with Mercedes. Good Pickup for the Lady Vols.

Reaction Score
first post....very happy for lady vol basketball on this one. holly is doing a great job.

Reaction Score
Funny. Likely 3 starters from Oregon.

A little lopsided in that their 2013-2014 group will feature a top 3 player along with 4 top 50 territory players. But at least they have balance: decent PG, decent slasher, two tall shooters, and a big big.

They managed to get enough talent to prevent a collapse, but their success depends on Russell's ability to carry the team on her shoulders.

They're kind of looking like a B-grade version of the Baylor era that just ended: two AA's (Sims/Griner & Nared/Russell) plus solid, balanced role players/supporting cast.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I thought that Tennessee would be her choice. She was on GMA when she was 12. She said Candace Parker was her favorite player. She also is friends with Jordan and Mercedes, :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Opinions vary.

#5 (by Dan Olson now Hoopgurlz)
#19 by Blue Star
#25 by ASGR
#40 by Prospect Nation

Good observation. In my haste, I only checked HG.

Reaction Score
are we really implying that the espn #1 wing is not at least a big pick up? :p

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
In a Tweet she said I'm going to Tennessee!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

A fair question..... I guess I'd say it's not as "big" as it would be if the rankings were more consistent......;).. ..but we've had players like that too, of course.

It got me thinking how I would break down the different levels of recruits, as far as rankings and hoopla coming in:

Game-changers / HS legends
Consensus #1 players with massive hype coming in. The whole WBB community is abuzz, waiting for them to get to D1 and see what they do there. [Parker, Moore, Griner, etc., probably Stewart as well.]
The type of player that when they hit campus, they can single-handedly tilt the program towards National Championships. Program timelines are often marked 'before' and 'after' these player attended the school.

Huge get
Consensus #1 or #2 players by most services. [Russell, Charles, KML.]
Players that could develop into the nation's best at the D1 level at their position and lead their teams in many important categories. One of these on a team and you should be a consistent Final Four threat once they develop, with any type of good supporting cast. Prime time players who will show up in the highlights on many nights.

Big-time get
Players who are ranked top 510 by multiple services or top 1020 by every service.[/s]
These are players that keep teams from having 'weaknesses' at their position at the Final Four level, even if they are not #1 ranked types. They are still considered strong players. They might be stars at second tier programs or a bit overshadowed by the greats at a top program while still being very solid performers. Often times these players make their biggest impact in their senior year, once the minutes have opened up for them and they have a full 3 years under their belt. [Edited to reflect the depth of really good players found in the top 20 or so, especially when looking at a carefully weighted composite rank like vowelguy's. Using this treatment, Nared is a Big-time get!]

Good gets and Sleepers
Players with inconsistent rankings. Some services have seen them play a lot, some maybe not at all? Or players noted for a specialty (rebounding, space-eating, defense, size) but not the type to fill up a stat sheet. A handful of these will go on to greatness; others will find solid success on good teams while never truly being the top dog, talent-wise. The kind of players you need for positional depth or to complement a starting lineup that already has other exceptional talents. Occasionally will break out late in their career and lead their team on a deep run toward a NC. (E.g., Vandersloot? Not sure where she was ranked coming into Gonzaga, for example.)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Good pick-up. I'd put it right up there with Massengale. :rolleyes:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I don't know what you mean by "we".

ASGR has her as 25 and 7th best wing.

The point was that the ranking differ and #5 in ESPN Hoopgurlz rankings seems to be the outlier, like there low ranking for Chong last year.

She is a nice pickup.

Reaction Score
A fair question..... I guess I'd say it's not as "big" as it would be if the rankings were more consistent......;).. ..but we've had players like that too, of course.

It got me thinking how I would break down the different levels of recruits, as far as rankings and hoopla coming in:

Game-changers / HS legends
Consensus #1 players with massive hype coming in. The whole WBB community is abuzz, waiting for them to get to D1 and see what they do there. [Parker, Moore, Griner, etc., probably Stewart as well.]
The type of player that when they hit campus, they can single-handedly tilt the program towards National Championships. Program timelines are often marked 'before' and 'after' these player attended the school.

Huge get
Consensus #1 or #2 players by most services. [Russell, Charles, KML.]
Players that could develop into the nation's best at the D1 level at their position and lead their teams in many important categories. One of these on a team and you should be a consistent Final Four threat once they develop, with any type of good supporting cast. Prime time players who will show up in the highlights on many nights.

Big-time get
Players who are ranked top 5 by multiple services or top 10 by every service.
These are players that keep teams from having 'weaknesses' at the Final Four level. They might be stars at second tier programs or somewhat overshadowed by the greats at a top program while still being very solid performers. Often times these players make their biggest impact in their senior year, once the minutes have opened up for them and they have a full 3 years under their belt.

Good gets and Sleepers
Players with inconsistent rankings. Some services have seen them play a lot, some maybe not at all? Or players noted for a specialty (rebounding, space-eating, defense, size) but not the type to fill up a stat sheet. A handful of these will go on to greatness; others will find success on good teams while never being top dog. The kind of players you need for positional depth. Occasionally will break out late in their career and lead their team on a deep run toward a NC. (E.g., Vandersloot? Not sure where she was ranked coming into Gonzaga, for example.)

very nice post VA! using your logic, i'd put jaime as a big-time get. it's hard for me to call the #1 wing in the class a good get or sleeper. plus, it seems like she is a beast on defense which really means more to me when i look at it. TN needs to STEP up with the defense so that pleases me. i do bleed orange though so don't hold that against me. :)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
very nice post VA! using your logic, i'd put jaime as a big-time get. it's hard for me to call the #1 wing in the class a good get or sleeper. plus, it seems like she is a beast on defense which really means more to me when i look at it. TN needs to STEP up with the defense so that pleases me. i do bleed orange though so don't hold that against me. :)
His "big time get" says top 5 in multiple services.

ONE services has her top 5 and the number 1 wing. Otherwise she is 19, 25 and 44 in the other services. She is a good get.

Reaction Score
His "big time get" says top 5 in multiple services.

ONE services has her top 5 and the number 1 wing. Otherwise she is 19, 25 and 44 in the other services. She is a good get.
opinions make the world go round.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
opinions make the world go round.
Well, the facts are she is ranked 5, 19, 25 and 44 in the 4 ranking services I mentioned.

You chose to use the ONE service that makes her a big time get.

I chose to use a wider look using the 4 services and make a determination based on that.

I don't blame you. Being a fan is all about being optimistic.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good pick-up. I'd put it right up there with Massengale. :rolleyes:

w1302r.jpg

Reaction Score
UCONN recruited massengale. she can't be that bad, right?
I believe they did recruit her. I "read" that UConn refused her father's demand that she be named the starter before committing. I seem to remember that Pat did name her Tenn's PG before she ever stepped on the court at TBA. The final chapter hasn't yet been written on AM. I expect she will be Tenn's best guard this season.

Reaction Score
I believe they did recruit her. I "read" that UConn refused her father's demand that she be named the starter before committing. I seem to remember that Pat did name her Tenn's PG before she ever stepped on the court at TBA. The final chapter hasn't yet been written on AM. I expect she will be Tenn's best guard this season.
that's how i rem it too. and lord knows we needed a PG when pat said that LOL. as for ariel, she is a talented floor general, but i hope she becomes more offensively minded this year. she battled with an Achilles injury last year and wore a boot at all times off the floor. wishing her good health this year.

Reaction Score
ESPN.COM has NARED as the #1 wing in the country and top 5 in the country. This is a HUGE get for the lady vols. Whoever thinks this is NOT a BIG get is OUT OF THEIR MINDS.... So i guess since NONE OF UCONNS 3 COMMITS ARE IN THE TOP 10 RIGHT NOW ON ESPN NONE OF THEM ARE BIG GETS EITHER. ESPN.COM (WHICH IS THE NUMBER ONE RECRUITING SERVICE! COME ON NOW ITS ESPN!) ALL THOSE OTHER RECRUITING SERVICES DO NOT COME CLOSE TO COMPARING TO ESPN.

Reaction Score
Most of those recruiting sites other than espn are a complete joke. ESPN IS THE NUMBER ONE THAT COUNTS.... COMPOSITE RANKINGS.... USING BILLY BOBS RECRUITING SERVICE HAHAHHAHA LOL

Reaction Score
ALL THREE UCONN AND TENNESSEE COMMITS ARE BIG COMMITS AND FIT THE NEED OF BOTH TEAMS NO NEED TO BE JEALOUS AND DOWNPLAY A COMMIT EVERY TIME TENNESSEE GETS ONE AND VICE VERSA FOR UCONN TOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom