OT: - Jail-breaking the Firestick | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Jail-breaking the Firestick

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Try set tv..it just recently got sued apparently but not sure what is going to happen with it. Apparently they are fighting back. But while it is still around they charge $20/month and it’s been the best streaming service I have ever used. Not like kodi where you have to look for that perfect link. It’s just like you have cable tv or directv with a guide, and also has on demand movies that are in theaters as well as full tv series. All mlb/nfl/nba/nfl games and I’ve seen all the big ppv fights and they come in hd quality. Just watch a YouTube video on how to set it up. It’s fairly easy.

The alternative to directly stealing is to pay someone to aggregate your stealing.

Reaction Score
Try set tv..it just recently got sued apparently but not sure what is going to happen with it. Apparently they are fighting back. But while it is still around they charge $20/month and it’s been the best streaming service I have ever used. Not like kodi where you have to look for that perfect link. It’s just like you have cable tv or directv with a guide, and also has on demand movies that are in theaters as well as full tv series. All mlb/nfl/nba/nfl games and I’ve seen all the big ppv fights and they come in hd quality. Just watch a YouTube video on how to set it up. It’s fairly easy.
you pay for pirated material? doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of pirating something? I could see if it was for something you can't buy (region locks, sports that aren't offered here, etc.) but otherwise it makes no sense... and you have a paper trail of purchasing illegal goods.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I work for a major telecom/cable company. One of the things that Amazon does is make it so that you can not use our app to watch TV on their firestick, trying to force you into Amazon prime, if you jailbreak it you can. This would save you a ton of money if you are paying for a cable box on that TV.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
well the jailbreak would be to save any additional $$ that I could as things are getting tighter and tighter. I've already switched to Vue but if the jailbreak could save me $40/month I'd be all in.

It isn’t legal or secure.

Best case scenario, you don’t get a letter from your ISP and some guy in Asia doesn’t plunk some sort of malware on your phone or computer. My advice, if you’re going to use some of those services, tape over the webcam on the laptops when the wife and kids use them.

Reaction Score

Best case scenario, you don’t get a letter from your ISP and some guy in Asia doesn’t plunk some sort of malware on your phone or computer. My advice, if you’re going to use some of those services, tape over the webcam on the laptops when the wife and kids use them.
I'm pretty sure you won't get a letter for streaming; only downloading or P2P

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure you won't get a letter for streaming; only downloading or P2P

Given that some Kodi add-ons are P2P-based and that these kids are doing nothing to mask that they’re streaming from pirated feeds, they certainly can.

Reaction Score
Given that some Kodi add-ons are P2P-based and that these kids are doing nothing to mask that they’re streaming from pirated feeds, they certainly can.
If they're P2P based, yes, but otherwise it's not illegal to stream content; only to host it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I disagree on it being a complete waste of time. For movies and tv series, Terrarium TV works great. And who "buys" movies anymore, Gramps?
Or rents?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
In fact I am trying to dump Comcast. They will be history 5 years from now anyway with all new Viewing options. ROKU anyone? Any reviews or comments?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In fact I am trying to dump Comcast. They will be history 5 years from now anyway with all new Viewing options. ROKU anyone? Any reviews or comments?

Sure they will. Someone should let Wall St know the 141 billion market cap should be 0.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sure they will. Someone should let Wall St know the 141 billion market cap should be 0.

Lolz. Comcast is disappearing in 5 years.

Its more likely they actually become the new government authority in the USA than it is them disappearing.

Reaction Score

tinfoilhat.jpg

August_West

Reaction Score

Its not a conspiracy theory. Ive sat in a IT security conference and watched the demonstrator hack the cam on an IPhone of a person sitting at the next table and throw it up on the presentation screen. It was pretty funny actually.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
you should do that anyway.

Wait...do you mean to say that the anonymous Eastern European and Asian developers supporting these apps for free without any sort of oversight or standards might not be doing this out of the goodness of their hearts?

Maybe these guys will be okay if they just reinstall that McAfee disk that came with the computer?

Reaction Score
Its not a conspiracy theory. Ive sat in a IT security conference and watched the demonstrator hack the cam on an IPhone of a person sitting at the next table and throw it up on the presentation screen. It was pretty funny actually.

And the King of the Tin Foil Hats chimes in...

Reaction Score
advice, if you’re going to use some of those services, tape over the webcam on the laptops when the wife and kids use them.

Free baby sitting for me. Also, no one would want to watch my wife yell and complain.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks it is a conspiracy is just super naive and has not done the (EASY) research required to verify it. It is so standard that it is actually shocking that people don't think it can happen...

Has someone hacked your webcam? Here’s how to stop cyber-snoopers

After all, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and former FBI Director James Comey both put tape over their computer’s camera when not in use, so perhaps you should, too.

http://uk.norton.com/yoursecurityresource/detail.jsp?aid=webcam_hacking

Steven Fox, an IT security expert, was chatting with friends on his webcam one night when he started receiving some strange emails. Imagine his surprise when he opened one and found images of himself chatting.

How hackers attack webcams
Most hackers utilize so-called Trojan horse attacks, says Stiennon. You click on an attachment or download a piece of music or video infected with malware, and a hacker is able to remotely control your PC’s functions.

Smile! Hackers Can Silently Access Your Webcam Right Through The Browser (Again)

The dangers of webcam spying and how to avoid them

Remote administration software is quite common, but it’s not always used for good. And when it’s programmed to break into computers, we call it a Remote Access Trojan (RAT). Malware like SubSeven, Back Orifice, Poison-Ivy, ProRat — and the list goes on — are the ultimate hacking weapons.

Mark Zuckerberg Covers His Laptop Camera. You Should Consider It, Too.

"3 things about this photo of Zuck:

Camera covered with tape
Mic jack covered with tape
Email client is Thunderbird"

Super easy to verify via 1000s of articles and sources.

Your grandkids will send money to Comcast long after you’re gone.
If that is the case it is either a. Because they suck but people are too lazy or complacent to look for/demand different alternatives or b. they get better (hah!). But if people finally become fed up with the over priced junk these companies offer and very poor customer service, maybe eventually they could finally crash but I found that possibility very unlikely, sadly (see a.)
Verizon and Comcast are consistently rated as some of the worst companies in the states and they boarder on price gouging (and on a global scale, considering usa resources they are grossly over priced). I do not get why people continue to do business with them, other than they already have a monopoly on the market in many areas.

Is there anyone here, with a straight face, that can say they are happy with either company (who is not living in a bubble as well)? If the choice is one of those two or some of the alternatives posted here, it is a very easy choice.

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Your grandkids will send money to Comcast long after you’re gone.
That's okay Fishy, as long it's not mine. Thanks for reminding me. They came out with new programming and prices. Maybe I will catch a break. New stuff started yesterday.

August_West

Reaction Score
b. they get better (hah!).

As someone who deals with them in a consumer and business space, (probably more than anyone on here) Im here to tell you the answer is B.

their X1 home entertainment package and internet service are unbelievable (maybe a bit pricy, but the services are best in breed) and people dont realize how aggressively they are moving in the business space. They (at least in the Northeast right now) are positioning themselves as a major player in providing Fiber to businesses and are making hay ever since Frontier took over the infrastructure from ATT in CT.

you want to talk about a company that sucks? Its Frontier.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
While we’re on the topic of alternatives to cable television , this Sling TV commercial is
BoneYard worthy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As someone who deals with them in a consumer and business space, (probably more than anyone on here) Im here to tell you the answer is B.

their X1 home entertainment package and internet service are unbelievable (maybe a bit pricy, but the services are best in breed) and people dont realize how aggressively they are moving in the business space. They (at least in the Northeast right now) are positioning themselves as a major player in providing Fiber to businesses and are making hay ever since Frontier took over the infrastructure from ATT in CT.

you want to talk about a company that sucks? Its Frontier.

I’m sure Guatemala Channel Numero Quatro watched on kodi 6.7 is the cat’s pajamas.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom