Jaiden DeLaire | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I saw the last thread was closed, so putting this in a new one. If this is a breach of etiquette of some sort, I apologize ahead of time...

I got a question in about our recruitment of DeLaire in Corey Evans weekly Q&A. Posted the response below:

Attachments

• DD6FD360-048A-4074-9666-65F4114712BF.jpeg
    DD6FD360-048A-4074-9666-65F4114712BF.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 636

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We need to land Delaire. We can not continue to lose top local talent. This is as big of a must get as it gets. It reestablishes us as the school for CT talent, stops the CT talent drain, proves new staff can recruit, would fit in nicely at the stretch 4 playing 4 out 1 in. We need to land this kid.

UconnU

Reaction Score
If we get Delaire, A kok & Mulcahy, I pretty much don't care what our other recruits would be for 2019. I'll just be stoked about the class regardless.
Plus a top 150 athletic guard like Harris or Battle we are SET.

Reaction Score
Mulcahy needs to commit soon it will
Help us be in a better position to land his buddy igiehon

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we are targeting his fellow NE6 teammate Ryan Greer? Holds offers from a lot of the Ivy schools, Clemson, Stanford, with interest from Georgia and G-Tech. He leads the UAA circuit in 3p% and can rebound really well for someone of his size. It's been forever since we've had a lights-out 3-point shooter...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I saw the last thread was closed, so putting this in a new one. If this is a breach of etiquette of some sort, I apologize ahead of time...

I wondered about that. Are we supposed to start a new recruiting thread for every guy? Or are we going back to single topic recruiting news?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we are targeting his fellow NE6 teammate Ryan Greer? Holds offers from a lot of the Ivy schools, Clemson, Stanford, with interest from Georgia and G-Tech. He leads the UAA circuit in 3p% and can rebound really well for someone of his size. It's been forever since we've had a lights-out 3-point shooter...

We should be. I love his game. He’s better than Mulcahy

Reaction Score
He's gonna go to a high academic school. My guess is it comes down to Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Virginia & Stanford. And in the end obviously he'll go to Duke if they decide they want him.

UconnU

Reaction Score
They list him as 6’2” now. I’m not sure exact height but he is over 6’0” for sure.
Do you know if we're still recruiting Coleman and Kamba from Dexter? Dexter is going to be dirrttyyy next year.

Reaction Score
We need to land Delaire. We can not continue to lose top local talent. This is as big of a must get as it gets. It reestablishes us as the school for CT talent, stops the CT talent drain, proves new staff can recruit, would fit in nicely at the stretch 4 playing 4 out 1 in. We need to land this kid.

Just from observing the new staff recruiting threads so far, I don't think "we need to land this kid" is going to apply. It looks to me like we're going to offer several talented kids at a given position, pressure them to commit, and take the guy who does. No more waiting with bated breath for a Diallo or a Stone.

I could be wrong, but that's the impression that I get.

Reaction Score
I've often wondered how coaches prepare for their meetings with recruits. Do they learn what the player wants to study, treat him like an adult and share all the information possible about degrees he may have interest in and careers that flow from them? That would certainly make it seem they really care about him as a whole person and it seems to be Edsall's approach.

Or do they focus on basketball and perhaps give the impression the player is simply a meal ticket?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've often wondered how coaches prepare for their meetings with recruits. Do they learn what the player wants to study, treat him like an adult and share all the information possible about degrees he may have interest in and careers that flow from them? That would certainly make it seem they really care about him as a whole person and it seems to be Edsall's approach.

Or do they focus on basketball and perhaps give the impression the player is simply a meal ticket?
Too early and too rushrd to rewrite this as a parody of itself, but that's the first thing that pops into my head from reading this.
The "We gotta get this kid" angle may lacking, but this is no better, perhaps even worse for its implied scold. It reads like two paragraphs from a would be contrarian sports columnist who wants to make us think.
The key here is the mock serious, "I've often wondered..." intro.

Reaction Score
Too early and too rushrd to rewrite this as a parody of itself, but that's the first thing that pops into my head from reading this.
The "We gotta get this kid" angle may lacking, but this is no better, perhaps even worse for its implied scold. It reads like two paragraphs from a would be contrarian sports columnist who wants to make us think.
The key here is the mock serious, "I've often wondered..." intro.

Well now, maybe you should get up earlier to look for people to insult so you'll have more time before you go off to do whatever you do. Or maybe you should focus on more important things than imagining peoples' motives and start thinking about what you're saying.

"The key here" is how much you appear to consider yourself superior to people you know nothing about. Maybe you should try psychoanalyzing yourself before you make condescending assumptions about the motivations of others.

I've been polite to people when commenting on this board and "often wondered" why there are a few people that act like jerks, but you set a new standard with your holier than thou comments about parodies and imparting sinister motives to an innocent question about whether coaches care about the players as whole beings with futures they can positively impact, as Edsall seems to, or if they are looking at a kid as a meal ticket and nothing more.

So, why don't you look in the mirror, get past the image of suffocating pomposity staring back at you, and consider the possibility that others may be uneducated and naive about the world of AAU, big contracts and coaches with other than the best interests of the players as their primary motivation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@Hans Sprungfeld is clearly superior to you.
I don't know. The line "look in the mirror, get past the image of suffocating pomposity staring back at you" is equitable to anything Hans writes.

I do take issue with his dig on Hans about psychoanalyzing. On the one hand I feel those digs should be only directed at me. Lately however, I've noticed a lot of people analyzing posters and maybe it's time I hang up those cleats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom