Jaiden DeLaire Update | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I know two people (one coach, one player) associated with NE6 and I heard we're quickly falling out of his preferred options. Bummer.

Reaction Score
It'd be a toss up who I'd root harder against: Waters who never gave us the time of day, or Delaire who proclaimed he was a UConn fan only to bail

Reaction Score
Maybe it’s just the familiarity factor right now? It would be pretty unfortunate if we didn’t get him, or at least didn’t continue to pursue him.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised really. But of course seeing I did not share my feelings on other boards so I can source when I started feeling that way, I will just say I am not surprised today.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This article shows a clear interest in top drawer schools for student-athletes. There was a time when UConn wasn't highly regarded for either basketball or academics. Now, it is not disqualified from consideration against admittedly stiff competition. Maybe only worth "a set of steaks knives," but it's a process. . .

Reaction Score
A quick twitter search would suggest we did not watch him.

That’s telling.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nobody can compete with Duke or Kentucky except themselves. This sucks.

Reaction Score
Seems like a Duke asst got involved, told him they wanted him for 2018, but had to wait for Coach K to see him before they could formally offer/accept him.

He also mentioned conference matters to him.

This sucks.

Reaction Score
Obviously we all want this kid but it's clear that he isn't a top priority for us. The staff has placed more emphasis on Achiuwa, Kofi, Watts and Gaffney and now also seems to be favoring Mitchell. We are still in a very good spot for the '19 class so let's see how everything plays out.

Reaction Score
Would really like to see Jaden in a UConn uniform and we may yet. He might decide to stay home in CT. Again the rule, recruiting is fluid.

Reaction Score
I know Delaire is often described as positionless, but if we were pigeonholing here, he's a 3 imo. This is only a guess, but perhaps he sees the writing on the wall with us emerging as the favorite for Achiuwa? Or in that vein, Hurley is closing in on Achiuwa and spending less time on Delaire? Could also explain why we seem to have ramped up involvement with Mitchell, more of a post presence and true 4 prospect. More variety in the class. It does taste weird given that Delaire is a home state guy, but I'll defer to Hurley.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Obviously want this kid, but not losing sleep if we dont get him. If we strike out on every high end target for 2019, then we have a problem.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I would say this only sucks if we can't land Precious, KC, or Akok. We need to trust in Hurley until he lets us down.
If we miss on this kid for any reason besides getting PA, then it’s a failure. I’m tired of watching the top CT kid favoring other schools, guess we’ll see what happens.

Reaction Score
Delaire is an important recruit. He really should be our top priority. He is ranked about 67 but many think he is a top 50 player, and college coaches hold Delaire in high esteem. More importantly, he is a real competitor. If Duke offers, he won’t care if they have a higher ranked recruit ahead of him. He will think he’s better and work hard to prove it.

Reaction Score
If we land Achiuwa, I’m fine with not getting him. I’m not saying I don’t want him, I really want him. But we’re good at the 3 if Precious commits and with Sid/Polley.

Reaction Score
If we land Achiuwa, I’m fine with not getting him. I’m not saying I don’t want him, I really want him. But we’re good at the 3 if Precious commits and with Sid/Polley.
I know money always talks; but I get the feeling DeLaire wouldn't mind spending 2 years at a Puke or Stanford and not worry about being 1 and done. There's also the UConn honors program. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom