Jackson vs Kolek | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jackson vs Kolek

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Idk why this thread is about Andres nba prospects now. We know he’s coming back, let’s just enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
You can't stop good players totally (usually), so you take away their best weapon. We took away Kolek's best weapon--his passing. That's excellent game-planning. Whoever had the scout last night deserves a bonus; that was well done.
Believe it was Luke Murray, I think Raftery said something about it during the 2nd half

Reaction Score
LOL at people comparing him to an NBA hall of fame top 5 PG in history.

I always roll my eyes at these types of comments. Someone makes a comparison of styles and, like clockwork, you can count on someone to chime in with "how can you compare him with [fill in all time great]?" Yeah, nobody's saying he's as good as John Stockton.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Kolek is Marcus Williams without as good a supporting cast. Better?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I always roll my eyes at these types of comments. Someone makes a comparison of styles and, like clockwork, you can count on someone to chime in with "how can you compare him with [fill in all time great]?" Yeah, nobody's saying he's as good as John Stockton.
Ok, then I'd say the style comment isn't really a good one either. Stockton was quicker and a much better ball handler, defender and scorer at Gonzaga. I don't know why we always have these comps anyway. He's himself, that should be enough.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I pinky promise the last thing front offices are worried about is his lack of a mid-range jumper.
I mean, yes, except what it says about his shooting ability more generally.

Reaction Score
Ok, then I'd say the style comment isn't really a good one either. Stockton was quicker and a much better ball handler, defender and scorer at Gonzaga. I don't know why we always have these comps anyway. He's himself, that should be enough.

Fair enough, and probably accurate. Stockton was smaller and quicker. If we want to make style comparisons, Kolek is what Doug Gottlieb could have been with a jump shot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Raftery was a trooper last night.

When they started the broadcast it sounded like his voice was already toasted. Made it through somehow but his throat definitely deserved to enjoy the post-game libations.
Saw him at Ted’s one night. Cheers-ed with him. Great night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom