Jackson breaks pinky finger in practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jackson breaks pinky finger in practice

Reaction Score

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Third injury I can think of that's kept him out for a significant period of time while at UConn. It's really frustrating especially for a player who needs more development to reach his goals and the team goals. Hoping it heals quickly and he doesn't have anymore misfortune.

Reaction Score
Just reinforces the danger of playing all your top OOC games before December 7th. It is better to have one in late December and another in late Jan/early Feb. Calhoun wasn’t such a crazy guy after all!!!!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
As most have said, not ideal but glad it happened this early. Important games are still in play. But our team chemistry and mixing up lineups becomes a bit more challenging with this stuff.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wing seems to be the best depth position on the team. Hawkins, Alleyne, Karaban, Newton, etc. can all fill that role. Why do you think there is a lack of wing depth?
Hawkins/Alleyne/Roumoglou are the only true wings left on the roster. Joey can play some 2, Alex some 3, but they’ll be huge defensive liabilities at the 3. Newton is a point guard, who needs to play there considering we have 2 on the roster. But I’m sure he’ll also have to slide up for some minutes if Joey can’t cut it.

Reaction Score
It Is so frustrating how much bad luck we have had with injuries over the last 5-6 years. I think every season since Ollie’s last, we have lost guys to injury for a significant amount of time. The only good thing to take away from the Andre injury is that it happened now instead of February/March. Please! No more Injuries.

Reaction Score
Paige, Jackson, Cam Whitmore, the Butler center from Georgia State. Disappointing not to get all teams into the season with the opportunity to be the best versions of themselves. Crossing fingers there are no more for us.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I broke my right "pinky" twice. The second time I actually broke my hand, as I broke a couple metacarpals.

I've had a lot of pins in that hand.

I'm sure his recovery will be quicker than mine. At least I hope!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
anyone who plays basketball regularly, and for a good while, will get finger injuries, and typically, from a pass, or to a lesser extent, weird boards or balls bouncing at you unexpectedly. the smallest finger gets a lot.
pro tip: the absolute worst is when the base of the thumb gets a tear. that one takes forever. don't get that injury, opposable digit an all that.
for many, the move was a trip to the surgeon, often leaving the patient with a bend at the end as pieces of the frayed rubberband ends were left on the cutting room floor. nowadays, the art and tools of the craft are far advanced, and extremely fine reattachment is the goal, especially for up the food chain athletes, and such. progress. of course, many of us just slapped a homemade splint, or one from cvs which forms nicely, taped that sucker up, and moved on.
i think this injury for him is not as simple as a successful surgery.
he has superior athleticism, a workable handle, and a good eye for the court but, after 2 seasons, no real demonstrated shot, and, presumedly,
spent the summer trying to fix it, or find one. he is right handed, and any repetitive training that may have caught on with him, most importantly learning to have one hand be dominant, his right hand, and not that 2 handed whatever he came in with, could be at jeopardy when he gets back out there, and possibly defaults to his old ways, cuz the pinkie on his right hand got messed up. when injured, we often make both conscious, and subconscious movement changes to ease the pain as the broken part hurts, even as it heals. generally speaking and from lots of personal experience, fingers usually heal reasonably soon, unless some nerve injury is included. then, it takes longer, but still usually levels back after a while.
still to this day, one of the absolute best therapies for messed up finger
or hand is squeezing a tennis ball, a lot. like all the time. people kinda look at u funny if you go walking around with a big jar full of sand with your paw rummaging around in it. heavy, too.

now that i think of it, i've been mentioning his hands from the day he got here. strange coincidence. get well ajax. we need you. dynamos like you aren't very common.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Tristan Newton has now moved to the front of the Boneyard point guard class

Reaction Score
Not gonna pretend it doesn't hurt but this is a time it's nice to have a 5th year senior like Calcaterra waiting in the wings for more minutes
Yeah, that’s my take too.

It stinks for Jackson, but the team will be fine. We’re deep.

More PT for Samson, Karaban and Springs at the four.

Just thankful it’s not a severe injury.

Reaction Score
The problem i always run into is that once you injure a finger, the ball, other players, etc. always seem to target the same finger and the injury lingers.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Andre is my will to live.

Now what?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members