Jackson breaks pinky finger in practice | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jackson breaks pinky finger in practice

Reaction Score
With conferences moving to 20 game skates (and some beyond that, soon) it’s tough to find available dates after New Years for that OOC game. Unless you start conference games in early December. But then it’s the same things.
Tough but not impossible. We need less excuses by the schedulers and more solutions. Before this happened Chief pointed out the risk and danger of this type of thing happening. The reality is we will be judged on games we play before 12/8 than any other part of the season.

Reaction Score
This makes zero sense.

This injury can happen in practice now or in December. It could also happen in game.

There's zero difference in injury risk if anything higher in season.
You need to improve your critical thinking and reading comprehension skills. My point wasn’t that an injury was more or less likely at any point in the season. My point was by grouping all our good OOC games before 12/8, if we had a slow start (with many new players) or an injury, it could impact all our key OOC games. By spreading them out throughout the season as Jim did, the risk of one key injury or a slow start impacting all key OOC games would be somewhat mitigated. It is basic Risk Management 101.

Reaction Score
1665682418457.png

"The reality is . . ."

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
definitely less dunking for him during the season - that sucks!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Tough but not impossible. We need less excuses by the schedulers and more solutions. Before this happened Chief pointed out the risk and danger of this type of thing happening. The reality is we will be judged on games we play before 12/8 than any other part of the season.
OSU and Florida both have 2 conference games each week in Jan and Feb. Even if we wanted an OOC game after the New Year, other teams probably won’t be bending over backwards to jam us in their already full conference slate. Unless it was dictated by the conference (like getting the Big East and Big 12 to agree to do the annual match-up series in mid Jan instead of early Dec). I don’t disagree that a late season OOC game would be preferable, but it’s just not logistical with the current way conferences schedule games.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Nothing new in this article.

Alternate free link:

What Andre Jackson Jr.’s injury means for him and the UConn men’s basketball team

Yeah, when I read the headline I thought, 'Oh crap he blew his ACL'. A broken pinky finger...I'll take it if that's the only preseason injury. He's got like 60 days before we play anyone of consequence anyway. I assume Hurley and the docs will allow him to participate in conditioning work so I would think he'd be ready to go for the Oregon game on November 24th. That would mean that he misses Stonehill, BU, Buffalo, UNC Wilmington and Delaware State....which...if we can't win THOSE games sans Andre. with our roster.....then Jesus, what are we even doing in Division 1?

Reaction Score
Another data point is Andre broke his wrist freshman year. Usually takes 6-12 weeks to recover yet was back playing v. Seton Hall after 6 weeks and 5 days from injury (unclear when he had surgery exactly from reporting at the time) and that's a worse injury than this. If he could get worked in at least v. Delaware St. that'd be ideal.

Reaction Score
We know what we will get from AJ so like Borges said, may be a blessing in disguise to get the other players some PT.

Reaction Score
I would think Naheim Alleyne will most likely move into the starting lineup to fill the guard play lost with Andre being out.

Reaction Score
OSU and Florida both have 2 conference games each week in Jan and Feb. Even if we wanted an OOC game after the New Year, other teams probably won’t be bending over backwards to jam us in their already full conference slate. Unless it was dictated by the conference (like getting the Big East and Big 12 to agree to do the annual match-up series in mid Jan instead of early Dec). I don’t disagree that a late season OOC game would be preferable, but it’s just not logistical with the current way conferences schedule games.
Necessity is the mother of invention. Make it happen even if a 20 year old has to play 3 games in a week. What did Kemba do in NYC?

Reaction Score
We know what we will get from AJ so like Borges said, may be a blessing in disguise to get the other players some PT.
I'm surprised it took to the 4th page before this comment was made. It was my first thought when I heard the news and saves me from posting it. I agree, a blessing in disguise.

Reaction Score

“He’s a tone-setter. He’s going to be one of the elite defenders in the country. He’s a guy that’s going to average four or five assists a game. We put this roster together with him in mind as a key facilitator, not necessarily as a point guard for our team but somebody that’s going to create a lot of scoring.

“We’re hoping he can be back on time for PK85, maybe even have a chance if everything were to go great to get in even a game or two potentially before that.”

Reaction Score

“He’s a tone-setter. He’s going to be one of the elite defenders in the country. He’s a guy that’s going to average four or five assists a game. We put this roster together with him in mind as a key facilitator, not necessarily as a point guard for our team but somebody that’s going to create a lot of scoring.

“We’re hoping he can be back on time for PK85, maybe even have a chance if everything were to go great to get in even a game or two potentially before that.”

Not necessarily as a point guard? Omg then it will be Sanogo or Clingan huh.:oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom