Jackson breaks pinky finger in practice | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jackson breaks pinky finger in practice

Reaction Score
Andre is my will to live.

Now what?
Wait for Andre to show you.

LOL Pics | Funny pictures, Funny gif, Funny jokes

Reaction Score
He should be back before we have any games that would cause us problems with rebounding.
The kid really sky’s for boards but with our talent level on this team I have little concern at this point.

Reaction Score
Good thing we have future NBA lottery pick Jordan Hawkins to take on more of a scoring and leadership role while Andre is out.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Just reinforces the danger of playing all your top OOC games before December 7th. It is better to have one in late December and another in late Jan/early Feb. Calhoun wasn’t such a crazy guy after all!!!!
With conferences moving to 20 game skates (and some beyond that, soon) it’s tough to find available dates after New Years for that OOC game. Unless you start conference games in early December. But then it’s the same things.

Reaction Score
Normal recovery for broken bone is 6-8 weeks.

A broken finger with surgery can take 10 weeks to get full strength back.

Yuck.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Were you able to return before conference play?
I think the intramural season was over and we were not a playoff team. I know it was winter, since my roommate gave me a pan of snow to stick my hand in. I did triumphantly return for softball. Also learned a lesson about where your fingers are when you stand in the hall in a dorm.

Reaction Score
Just reinforces the danger of playing all your top OOC games before December 7th. It is better to have one in late December and another in late Jan/early Feb. Calhoun wasn’t such a crazy guy after all!!!!
This makes zero sense.

This injury can happen in practice now or in December. It could also happen in game.

There's zero difference in injury risk if anything higher in season.

Reaction Score
This makes zero sense.

This injury can happen in practice now or in December. It could also happen in game.

There's zero difference in injury risk if anything higher in season.
I thought the same thing and almost replied... but you know these conversations go when you are only a Beloved Casual.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing and almost replied... but you know these conversations go when you are only a Beloved Casual.
Ohhh, beloved casual… would that fall ahead of the regular casual fan, but below the business casual fan?

Reaction Score
What a bummer, just unlucky really. Dealing with a broken thumb myself currently from basketball as well, it happens. Tricky thing with finger injuries is the pain lingers around. Hoping he can bounce back quickly, but wouldn’t be surprised to see them be a little cautious with it. 5-6 weeks seems optimistic to me, I’m closing in on that timeline and not ready for action yet. But he’s an incredible athlete, maybe he can. Hoping for the best, they’ll need him.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Have you ever noticed how many athletes have crooked pinkies?
'Have you ever noticed how many athletes have crooked pinkies?'
'often leaving the patient with a bend at the end'

thank you for that injection of reality into the subject.
im not as sanguine as many here on the impact. one of my favorite things aboot last season was andre's growing confidence in opening his mouth, and starting to provide some backbone to the squad, and letting the opposition know that 'we ain't taking no crap from youse.' at least danny understood this, and made him captain. as in letting his mates know it when they were lame and underperforming to their ability - a fundamental need for almost any winning team, cuz if you leave the sheep alone without a dog to herd them, they just wander off in various directions.
cf. four time NBA champion draymond green, 'momma sez knock u out, on my squad or the other.'
it took a while for him to channel it, but CV figgered it out, and im still not sure that his last team wasn't the best of danny's tenure in pursuing tourney success.
chemistry and order are usually the biggest factor in a team's success, and not talent. just ask the recently 100 win vanquished mets, as there is a strong explanatory theme in the ny media on their seeming lack of backbone, grit, and determination.
paige yelling from the bench, and now andre yelling from the bench, are not the same as their yapping on the floor -not even close. on the floor, they can actually do the thing they're jawing aboot, including getting right up in the grill of the person screwing up.
then, there is the 'who stands where' thing. in pretty short order in his first year, teammates figgered out that if andre was near the rebound, he's getting it, and no need to chase it - floor ballet. now, all that's put on hold as we evolve a new dynamic on rhythm. some hokey stat may indicate that while we lose x number of boards with his absence, those will be replaced by some other player or players. it doesn't work that way. it's a chemistry dance. sure, that guy may get some numbers, but it is really the same thing? does that player get certain tough ones? does that player immediately bolt up the floor with the ball, or do they come down and always look for a guard to hand it too? does that player bark at his mates for doing the wrong things or clock an opponent with a bow to remind them to back off?
it seems that we should win pretty good in the fall, but we're not playing to win in the fall. on winning teams, everyone knows where to stand, and what's expected of them standing there. this is definitely a curveball for us.
it's a jungle out there and it's a good thing when tarzan is on ur side. or clint eastwood.
'go ahead punk, make my day.'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just hatchetting out a timetable. From surgery to the opener on November 7th is three weeks.

Six to eight weeks is the common healing time for a broken bone. Six weeks is November 24th we play Oregon that night,
then Alabama/Michigan State on the 25th, and perhaps the championship of the Phil Knight on the 27th.

Our next contest is Oklahoma State on Dec 1, then Florida on Dec 7 ( a day that will live in in infamy), the following day Dec 8 marks the eight week mark.

But sometimes surgery prolongs recovery and rehab up to ten weeks. Dre could potentially miss two more weeks until December 22 and games against LIU,Dec 10, Butler Dec 17 and Georgetown Dec 20. Obviously this is the worse case scenario.

So light a candle that Dre is a fast healer as athletes often are. He could be back for Phil Knight. But he should be back by conference play. So we probably see him somewhere inbetween.

Reaction Score
JB says AJ shouldn't fret, other fingers can learn old tricks

Attachments

• R (2).jpeg
    R (2).jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 70
  • R.png
    R.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 74

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Players are too fragile these days. WWRLD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom