Iverson to Memphis | The Boneyard

Iverson to Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Vuce on the Boneyard on 9/17/12. :)

Rankin is late to the party.

Reaction Score
I thought he was really high on Florida. They must've backed off.

Reaction Score
Per Vuce on the Boneyard on 9/17/12. :)

Rankin is late to the party.

Yup. I had "sources" close to Iverson and found out back then. Just took him a bit to accounce to everyone else. ;)

Reaction Score
Vuce - I wasn't sure exactly when you posted that but this Boneyard "search" feature works great!!!

Reaction Score
What a strange recruitment. I feel like every time he talked to the media he was trying to drum up support in the schools he wanted, but who weren't recruiting him that hard.

Reaction Score
What a strange recruitment. I feel like every time he talked to the media he was trying to drum up support in the schools he wanted, but who weren't recruiting him that hard.

It must be a grades issue, because a lot of schools ultimately backed off, like they did with Ledo last year.

Reaction Score
At least is going to BE school, need as many good teams in league as possible.

Reaction Score
"According to Fishburne Military coach Ed Huckaby, Iverson chose the Tigers because of their academic support system and because the program will prepare him to be a small forward in the NBA."

Grades sound about right. Too bad for us.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LINK

Hate to lose a local kid. I thought being coached by KO might have been pretty appealing to him.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i know we recruited the kid, but i never got the sense we went after him that hard. Granted I could be wrong as i'm not nearly as up on recruiting as many on this board, but I rarely saw anything on here talking about how the staff was out watching him play, meeting with him, getting him to come to campus, etc etc. Was the staff only luke-warm in their recruitment of him, or did they go full bore after him?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Any word on whether the BE is imposing any stricter academic requirements in the coming years on the new schools? I thought places like UL and Cincy had to stop taking partial qualifiers when joining the BE, and Temple/Memphis seem to snag plenty of kids other schools back off from due to grades. (Not saying Iverson wouldn't qualify at UConn, although that has been hinted at around here).

Reaction Score
Good for him......and us......hope things work out for him and he realizes he's 6'8".....

Next..........

Reaction Score
i know we recruited the kid, but i never got the sense we went after him that hard. Granted I could be wrong as i'm not nearly as up on recruiting as many on this board, but I rarely saw anything on here talking about how the staff was out watching him play, meeting with him, getting him to come to campus, etc etc. Was the staff only luke-warm in their recruitment of him, or did they go full bore after him?
Exactly. I never got the feeling that we went after him very hard. It seemed like if he wanted to commit we probably would have taken him but luke-warm probably best describes it.

Reaction Score
There was an article posted here last week ( I can't remember from whom) that placed Fla. as his leader. Also contained in the article was a line or two about grades being a problem, and that perhaps he would end up in a prep school next year. That's a possibility that somehow has been overlooked by writers who made it seem that Memphis came into UConn's "backyard" and stole a highly prized recruit. Once again they didn't do their homework and seem to be implying that UConn has lost its ability to keep a homegrown product. I don't think that this is the case. I think that most major schools backed off because Iverson might end up at best, a partial qualifier, or may not end up in college next year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There was an article posted here last week ( I can't remember from whom) that placed Fla. as his leader. Also contained in the article was a line or two about grades being a problem, and that perhaps he would end up in a prep school next year. That's a possibility that somehow has been overlooked by writers who made it seem that Memphis came into UConn's "backyard" and stole a highly prized recruit. Once again they didn't do their homework and seem to be implying that UConn has lost its ability to keep a homegrown product. I don't think that this is the case. I think that most major schools backed off because Iverson might end up at best, a partial qualifier, or may not end up in college next year.

exactly. he wasn't going to qualify at a florida or uconn. he can at memphis. he can sign at memphis before they are officially in the big east and be under cusa rules qualifying. simple as that.

Reaction Score
Since when are there diferent rules for qualifying. As long as I have known you are either qualified or not for NCAA sports, nothing to do with confrences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom