It's time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's time

Reaction Score
We were beating BC in the first quarter last year and look at how much their program has improved. They crushed Miami! Programs can turn around quickly in both directions. Randy is building for the future by not playing the young talent now. He wants to field junior and senior led teams. The sky is the limit for UConn!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We were beating BC in the first quarter last year and look at how much their program has improved. They crushed Miami! Programs can turn around quickly in both directions. Randy is building for the future by not playing the young talent now. He wants to field junior and senior led teams. The sky is the limit for UConn!

they banned @jimmyserrano and allow this nonsense

Reaction Score
Let’s just make up a number and say that football loses $15M a year. Which is probably a gross overstatement. We have 3.5m people in this state. So it costs like $4-5 a person to subsidize this. Let’s stop the overreaction.

Reaction Score
He had a good OC but he refuse to give him the keys. So he left.
Who? Are you talking about Lashlee? We had a much better QB last year and the team was marginally better on scoring offense overall, marginally. Have you seen SMU this year compared to last? They dropped off like a rock. Last year they almost scored 40 a game, Lashlee came and they score mid 20s.

Reaction Score
Let’s just make up a number and say that football loses $15M a year. Which is probably a gross overstatement. We have 3.5m people in this state. So it costs like $4-5 a person to subsidize this. Let’s stop the overreaction.
What good is the program currently doing for UConn? I'm serious, what benefits are we getting for having a football program that can't go .400

Reaction Score
Need a coach who is relentless in the art of persuasion. Talking 4-star recruits into coming here would go a long way to being successful, but that's a longshot here.

Sic Hurley on them.

Reaction Score
Who? Are you talking about Lashlee? We had a much better QB last year and the team was marginally better on scoring offense overall, marginally. Have you seen SMU this year compared to last? They dropped off like a rock. Last year they almost scored 40 a game, Lashlee came and they score mid 20s.
I think Dunn is a better OC than Lashlee. I just think Randy has taken more control of the offense

Reaction Score
What good is the program currently doing for UConn? I'm serious, what benefits are we getting for having a football program that can't go .400

I’m not happy with the program. I’m just saying that yelling about finances is stupid because it doesn’t matter. And dropping down does what exactly? It eliminates the possibility that the program will EVER matter.

Reaction Score
Somehow, I am thinking Randy got excited about the QB rushing record and is just using the opportunity to pile up more yardage for Pinnell.

Reaction Score
I’m not happy with the program. I’m just saying that yelling about finances is stupid because it doesn’t matter. And dropping down does what exactly? It eliminates the possibility that the program will EVER matter.
There are zero benefits to dropping down. I think we all just need to be put out of our misery. I'd rather not have a football team than be a UConn football fan right now. It's just embarrassing at this point. Maybe the season ticket holders giveaway should be a nice waterproof paper bag.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

That’s not a gross overstatement, they fund UConn with a block grant and if Stephanowski wins....

Reaction Score
Not too long ago, the Red Sox and Cubs have not won a World Series for 90-100 years. Patience.

Reaction Score
That’s not a gross overstatement, they fund UConn with a block grant and if Stephanowski wins....

But if we were 7-1 nobody would care what it costs. And Stephanowski would still do whatever he is going to do. Musing about things we don’t have any individual control over is useless.

Reaction Score
There are zero benefits to dropping down. I think we all just need to be put out of our misery. I'd rather not have a football team than be a UConn football fan right now. It's just embarrassing at this point. Maybe the season ticket holders giveaway should be a nice waterproof paper bag.

Just walk away then. Come back when we get it sorted. Or never. Why torture yourself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But if we were 7-1 nobody would care what it costs. And Stephanowski would still do whatever he is going to do. Musing about things we don’t have any individual control over is useless.

Well yeah if they were good there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s an issue because this is year eight of a bottomless pit.

It’s an issue because there isn’t a realistic plan out. The current guy tapped Edsall...

If we can’t muse about things we can’t control there wouldn’t be a Boneyard... since none of us are on the team (except Ch!ef)

Reaction Score
Well yeah if they were good there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s an issue because this is year eight of a bottomless pit.

It’s an issue because there isn’t a realistic plan out. The current guy tapped Edsall...

If we can’t muse about things we can’t control there wouldn’t be a Boneyard... since none of us are on the team (except Ch!ef)

My point is that if the team was great it might make money. It stinks so we lose money. Everyone wants to bring up the money all of the time without any evidence as to how the budget effects them personally.

Yes. We are all mad that we stink. The rest is not relevant.

Reaction Score
Just walk away then. Come back when we get it sorted. Or never. Why torture yourself.
I feel compelled to watch if UConn is on the jersey. I am just tired of having being associated with the dumpster fire. I have coworkers who went to UMass. Not looking forward to Monday; I'm sure that's part of it

Reaction Score
My point is that if the team was great it might make money. It stinks so we lose money. Everyone wants to bring up the money all of the time without any evidence as to how the budget effects them personally.

Yes. We are all mad that we stink. The rest is not relevant.
I'm more concerned with what we're getting out of the money than what it actually costs. I honestly believe it's devaluing the brand at this point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom