It's time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's time

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We don't have any money. The budget isn't due to matching revenue. Football costs the most and it's our worst program. Sports are supposed to act as an alumni connection to the University and as a national advertisement for the schools brand. When no alumni care and the product on the field is degrading the schools reputation, why bother keeping it around?

That's the thing - we do have the money. We have an AD budget of $70M. By far the largest in G5. How can we justify that if we are amongst the cheapest in funding football?

Reaction Score
That's the thing - we do have the money. We have an AD budget of $70M. By far the largest in G5. How can we justify that if we are amongst the cheapest in funding football?
the money that we spend on womens basketball is money that most schools use on their football program

Dooley

Reaction Score
the money that we spend on womens basketball is money that most schools use on their football program

Geno earns every penny. But is it time to pick some other sports to go cheap on? We're putting tens of millions into Olympic sport venues. That's great. I love baseball. Used to play soccer for 15 years. Played hockey for 8 years and have season tickets at XL. Love all 3 sports. But none of them will get us into college sports' money club.

We spend our student subsidies on everything except the one and only sport that could deliver us into making more money.

Reaction Score
Geno earns every penny. But is it time to pick some other sports to go cheap on? We're putting tens of millions into Olympic sport venues. That's great. I love baseball. Used to play soccer for 15 years. Played hockey for 8 years and have season tickets at XL. Love all 3 sports. But none of them will get us into college sports' money club.

We spend our student subsidies on everything except the one and only sport that could deliver us into making more money.
We should be cutting a ton of programs but I don't think pouring more money into UConn football is going to help anything.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We’re the next Duke ,maybe Kentucky down the road, but face facts were never leaving this conference nor is football goin away

Dooley

Reaction Score
We should be cutting a ton of programs but I don't think pouring more money into UConn football is going to help anything.

I understand that. I really do. We all just stood out in the freezing wet cold or wasted an entire afternoon watching on TV. But we have to at least try. The kind of positive press you get simply by making a sustained financial commitment to improve something is, in itself, worth it.

Reaction Score
Right, because coaches were lining up to come to UConn a couple of years ago.
Could have hired a modern day coach....not one that's a hundred with an oc that was 200 years old, not some moron with red pants coaching like it's 1960 and not the former head coach who thinks he knows it all, but also coaching like it's 1960. All of our coaches have been exactly the same....no clue what the modern game of football is.

Reaction Score
I understand that. I really do. We all just stood out in the freezing wet cold or wasted an entire afternoon watching on TV. But we have to at least try. The kind of positive press you get simply by making a sustained financial commitment to improve something is, in itself, worth it.
until you pour more money into a loser and it continues to lose. then you get people fired

Reaction Score
Need a coach who is relentless in the art of persuasion. Talking 4-star recruits into coming here would go a long way to being successful, but that's a longshot here.

Reaction Score
shut it down. Stop wasting money and resources on this dumpster fire. The football program is just a stain on the University's reputation at this point. We're not getting into a P5 conference. Shut down football, pay the $10mm exit fee and join the Big East.

NO, NO and NO. Quitter

Reaction Score
We will never be good at football. We don’t have the culture for it in the NorthEast. Shut it down, move on.

I don’t care if we have a culture for it, grow one. We Never should have sold the BE name! I know we needed the $ but we should have found it some where. I hate the NBE! It grinds my gears to even print that name. We need football I have not given up hope and the real fans shouldn’t either.

Reaction Score
Well u can’t throw the ball if qb can’t pass
Maybe he can't pass. But you can try to fake the other team out and drop back like you can. Maybe then so many defenders wouldn't be staking the line.......maybe

Reaction Score
He can pass just fine. He wasn’t allowed to
There were several pass plays, from the pocket, when Pindell had enough time to throw a pass. He never pulls the trigger. UMass put 8 in the box, and even run blitzed. To say we were out coached is an understatement. To say the team didn’t execute would also be an understatement.
McAllister made a good move.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

1. Buyouts for losers
2. So many useless administrators

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom