It's time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It's time

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn invested way to much money in the stadium, the facilities and everything else. What is it with young people giving up on things. Sorry but you don't shut down a program because of what is happening right now
Enough with these threads already. If you don't want to follow football then don't, but don't add to our misery with your miserable outlook.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My point is that if the team was great it might make money. It stinks so we lose money. Everyone wants to bring up the money all of the time without any evidence as to how the budget effects them personally.

Yes. We are all mad that we stink. The rest is not relevant.

I don’t think anyone here makes the argument that it impacts them personally.

I note that it impacts the students and I can’t beleive they don’t push back.

There isn’t any argument against chasing FBS football has damaged the basketball program.

Reaction Score
UConn invested way to much money in the stadium, the facilities and everything else. What is it with young people giving up on things. Sorry but you don't shut down a program because of what is happening right now
Enough with these threads already. If you don't want to follow football then don't, but don't add to our misery with your miserable outlook.
look up sunk costs, bill. we haven't had a winning record in almost a decade.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone here makes the argument that it impacts them personally.

I note that it impacts the students and I can’t beleive they don’t push back.

There isn’t any argument against chasing FBS football has damaged the basketball program.

As applications are at a record high they obviously don’t seem to care. Yet. And even so the student fees are a rounding error on their student loan bills.

As to the basketball point - had we stayed in the Big East Ollie would not have turned into what he turned into? The fact that we were able to get Hurley after Ollie makes me think that the concern is overblown here as well. But time will tell.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As applications are at a record high they obviously don’t seem to care. Yet. And even so the student fees are a rounding error on their student loan bills.

As to the basketball point - had we stayed in the Big East Ollie would not have turned into what he turned into? The fact that we were able to get Hurley after Ollie makes me think that the concern is overblown here as well. But time will tell.

I know you understand lagging indicators and know where tuition is going in the very near future.

Reaction Score
I suspect you understand lagging indicators and know where tuition is going....

I do. But it isn’t the athletics program that is the main driver. It is the cherry on top.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I do. But it isn’t the athletics program that is the main driver. It is the cherry on top.

No kidding athletics isn’t going to drive that but when tuition explodes the 40MM deficit is going to be front and center - because it’s going to be academic programs or sports.

Reaction Score
No kidding athletics isn’t going to drive that but when tuition explodes the 40MM deficit is going to be front and center - because it’s going to be academic programs or sports.

And in that case success doesn’t really matter. If the money isn’t there it isn’t there. The only thing that really changes the math is a P5 invite. Which isn’t coming.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I spent today floating on my boat in the middle of Lake Tahoe with my girlfriend, mom and best friend. Came home, had dinner and a couple of vodka sodas. Didn’t watch one second of the game and just deleted it from my DVR after reading this thread. Not sure what the point of this post is but I’m thinking my day was a lot better than anyone’s who actually spent the day in the rain at Rentschler or watching that abortion on tv. ‍♂️

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And in that case success doesn’t really matter. If the money isn’t there it isn’t there. The only thing that really changes the math is a P5 invite. Which isn’t coming.

Which is essentially my point. Someone at some point in the not distant future is going to have to make some tough decisions.

I have zero respect for the current leadership who is digging the ditch deeper and is in hiding.

C

Chief00

I feel compelled to watch if UConn is on the jersey. I am just tired of having being associated with the dumpster fire. I have coworkers who went to UMass. Not looking forward to Monday; I'm sure that's part of it
Sometimes you have to learn to deal with losing and learn how to win from it. The first thing is to accept ownership of results. Something Randy doesn’t appear to be real good at. Then you need to identify why you lost and fix it. Sometimes one needs to overcome stubbornness to be able to clearly identify the problem. Finally, to fix things often means a willingness to change and try new things.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
At times I need to step back from the computer, especially as mad as I was after today's debacle. We all need to breath and at times pull ourselves away from this mess and just enjoy life some like Cahusky on the lake with loved one's instead of this.
I think next weekend I am going to take a Saturday away from UConn and just enjoy the weekend without worrying. Then I will be back for the next home game and hopefully it won't be this crap show we saw today.

Thank God UConn basketball is only a week in a half away.

Reaction Score
I feel compelled to watch if UConn is on the jersey. I am just tired of having being associated with the dumpster fire. I have coworkers who went to UMass. Not looking forward to Monday; I'm sure that's part of it

God what a loser.

Reaction Score
Don't worry though, none of this has anything to do with the compliance issues that were dug up from our basketball program last year! No way saving money could have been an ulterior motive. We're flush with cash. Only concerned about ethics over here, at UConn, where we're fighting vigorously at all hours to preserve the sanctity of college athletics. That debacle has nothing to do with football or conference realignment or TV deals or anything else that makes money. These are separate topics and I do not want to pollute the board by rehashing old stories.

Reaction Score
UNLV expects a P5 invite while some of our fans want to go to the Big East. :rolleyes:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don’t care if we have a culture for it, grow one. We Never should have sold the BE name! I know we needed the $ but we should have found it some where. I hate the NBE! It grinds my gears to even print that name. We need football I have not given up hope and the real fans shouldn’t either.

If I could, I'd like this post 1,000 times, Nell.

What is sorely needed from our fanbase is some sense of perspective. We went to a BCS bowl less than 10 seasons after upgrading to D-IA. We did it before. We've made it way tougher this time around but we can do it again. It's not impossible.

Reaction Score
We sure got quite an emo fanbase. Look at what some others have endured. Freaking Memphis is elated to be in the AAC. Conference expansion is not over, either. But Edsall is not a genius head coach.

It's going to be an interesting challenge to lure a coach here with vision, on and off the field. We missed out on that dude at Wake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom