It's Tate and He'll Be Late. Nine Years Late. | The Boneyard

It's Tate and He'll Be Late. Nine Years Late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You couldn't make up this level of stupidity:

The sentencing was delayed repeatedly as George dismissed two defense attorneys and decided to represent himself – even though he never attended law school.

In a stunning development, the chief prosecutor said in court Wednesday that George submitted three fabricated letters to a federal judge as character references in his effort to obtain a shorter prison sentence.

George mailed the letters, after his conviction on four felony counts of wire fraud, to the judge while being held at the minimum-security Monmouth County Correctional Institution, officials said.

The letters, purported to be from his supporters, said positive things about George and sounded similar in tone. But federal investigators then tracked down the supposed letter writers, and they said they never sent any letters to the judge.

"A few of them looked very suspicious,'' Joseph B. Shumofsky, the chief prosecutor, said of the letters. "We talked to the people who authored them, and they were all fake. They were signed by three different individuals, and they said, 'I didn't sign this letter or offer this letter.' ''

He added that the letters "all said that Tate George is a wonderful businessman, and he was just great to work with. Those letters all turned out to be completely fake.''

The investors who lost money and testified against George at the trial included Villaneuva; former NBA player Brevin Knight; a municipal judge; a Rhodes Scholar; and a student who had inherited money and was unable to finish her third year of law school because she could not recover her money in the case.

"You can't stop Tate George,'' Shumofsky said. "You can only contain him. He's never apologized. He never admitted what he did. He continued to lie during the sentencing process.''

The prosecutors read aloud in court from George's own sentencing memorandum that George promises "to spend the rest of his life pursuing the persecution of all those involved in this effort to damage C. Tate George's name and family.''

In an interview, Shumofsky said the judge said that George's "excuses were incredible.''

Shumofsky said that George also submitted false information to the court when he said that he had access to $672,000 in a bank account that could be used to pay back the victims. But the government subpoenaed the bank records and found that there was only $12,000 in the account, Shumofsky said.

"The defendant flat out gave a fake document to the court,'' Shumofsky said of George. "The court knew he was lying and lying and lying.''

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Tate is going to be huge on the prison yard hoops team. "Tate, go long!"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You couldn't make up this level of stupidity:

The sentencing was delayed repeatedly as George dismissed two defense attorneys and decided to represent himself – even though he never attended law school.

In a stunning development, the chief prosecutor said in court Wednesday that George submitted three fabricated letters to a federal judge as character references in his effort to obtain a shorter prison sentence.

George mailed the letters, after his conviction on four felony counts of wire fraud, to the judge while being held at the minimum-security Monmouth County Correctional Institution, officials said.

The letters, purported to be from his supporters, said positive things about George and sounded similar in tone. But federal investigators then tracked down the supposed letter writers, and they said they never sent any letters to the judge.

"A few of them looked very suspicious,'' Joseph B. Shumofsky, the chief prosecutor, said of the letters. "We talked to the people who authored them, and they were all fake. They were signed by three different individuals, and they said, 'I didn't sign this letter or offer this letter.' ''

He added that the letters "all said that Tate George is a wonderful businessman, and he was just great to work with. Those letters all turned out to be completely fake.''

The investors who lost money and testified against George at the trial included Villaneuva; former NBA player Brevin Knight; a municipal judge; a Rhodes Scholar; and a student who had inherited money and was unable to finish her third year of law school because she could not recover her money in the case.

"You can't stop Tate George,'' Shumofsky said. "You can only contain him. He's never apologized. He never admitted what he did. He continued to lie during the sentencing process.''

The prosecutors read aloud in court from George's own sentencing memorandum that George promises "to spend the rest of his life pursuing the persecution of all those involved in this effort to damage C. Tate George's name and family.''

In an interview, Shumofsky said the judge said that George's "excuses were incredible.''

Shumofsky said that George also submitted false information to the court when he said that he had access to $672,000 in a bank account that could be used to pay back the victims. But the government subpoenaed the bank records and found that there was only $12,000 in the account, Shumofsky said.

"The defendant flat out gave a fake document to the court,'' Shumofsky said of George. "The court knew he was lying and lying and lying.''

Wow. Tate not great. I know he didn't play football, but maybe he has CTE

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He could've gotten 7-9 years and got 9. It's pretty unusual for a person with no previous record to get the max. Had he not represented himself and apologized he probably gets the low end. Dumb decisions cost him two years.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow. Tate not great. I know he didn't play football, but maybe he has CTE
The thought that he is mentally ill definitely crossed my mind. But sadly it appears more like he is just really dumb and an absolutely shameless fraud and compulsive liar.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The thought that he is mentally ill definitely crossed my mind. But sadly it appears more like he is just really dumb and an absolutely shameless fraud and compulsive liar.

Yep. I was vainly hoping for an out.

Reaction Score
He sounds like he is actually crazy. That he would flat lie straight faced while everyone new he was, fabricate documents everyone knew was fake etc. Really bizarre behavior. It's like a squirrel that doesn't move and thinks you don't see him, despite the fact you are looking right at him, pointing, and saying "hey, there's a squirrel".

Reaction Score
But won't he get some early parole with good behavior?

ESPN should do a 30:30 on this, I would watch, I don't understand the details very well.

I mean, maybe hitting one of the most famous shots in NCAA hoops history to this. Worth a follow. Still a 10x more incredible play than Duke-UK because it was 1.0 seconds, not 2.6 or whatever Duke was. Just UConn-Clemson not as sexy. It was catch-shoot. No moves.

He could've gotten 7-9 years and got 9. It's pretty unusual for a person with no previous record to get the max. Had he not represented himself and apologized he probably gets the low end. Dumb decisions cost him two years.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He sounds like he is actually crazy. That he would flat lie straight faced while everyone new he was, fabricate documents everyone knew was fake etc. Really bizarre behavior. It's like a squirrel that doesn't move and thinks you don't see him, despite the fact you are looking right at him, pointing, and saying "hey, there's a squirrel".

Best analogy ever.

Reaction Score
Crazy would be too easy. I suspect he panicked, became desperate and scared; in other words he knew what he was doing and wanted to avoid prison at any cost. He was still trying 'to get over to the very end.

Its also not 'sad' but actually very arrogant.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tate could've gotten 18 months or so but his arrogance got him 9 yrs... toying with the system and wasting their time got him more time. crack dealers who "cop out" get 36 months for destroying a whole neighborhood.

The joke is on Tate today

Reaction Score
Fabricating character reference letters really doesn't show anyone that you've learned that running a Ponzi scheme was wrong.

Hopefully, his time in prison will allow Tate to realize that what he did was wrong and he is responsible for his current situation.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
While I appreciate what he did as a Husky, now he is clearly now a man of poor character and his wounds are self - inflicted.
I do not doubt that he has a personality disorder but his mental health diagnoses are not excuses for his behavior.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Fabricating character reference letters really doesn't show anyone that you've learned that running a Ponzi scheme was wrong.

Hopefully, his time in prison will allow Tate to realize that what he did was wrong and he is responsible for his current situation.
I think he'll still try to "run game" while behind bars

Reaction Score

Too funny....whats even more bizarre is the lawyer who needs to defend the squirrel, the pain on the parents who raised the squirrel, or the saps who actually hung and believed the squirrel....god, the thought of being raised by a squirrel.....
man.....I hate squirrels....

Reaction Score
This simply confirms my working hypothesis: Anyone who drives a Chrysler 300 is a garbage human being

Reaction Score

sounds like Tate has a fine future in politics after his 9 years are served, maybe a run for commander in chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom