It's Tate and He'll Be Late. Nine Years Late. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's Tate and He'll Be Late. Nine Years Late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As everyone piles on Tate, is it possible that maybe his upbringing was not so good? If you combine that with him not being particularly bright, then being sucked into an NBA lifestyle for a brief period that he could not sustain, he made horrendous choices. Making that shot was in retrospect the start of his NBA trip into a very fast lane, one that he just couldn't hang in. He blows his NBA money and now he's supposed to flip burgers? It's a shame none of his coaching mentors had an opportunity to intervene or counsel him before this went out of control.
He preyed on people. Took money from people, who in some cases were severely damaged by him. He deserves what he got in the end.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
and he wasted the courts time... he wanted to "play" so they played along. His sentence was within the guidelines of the crimes he was charged with.

Yes. He had a fool for a lawyer (himself). Just not sure if that should lead to a maximum sentence for a first offender.
But I am guilty of feeling sad about Tate's fall from grace.

Reaction Score
He's lost his mind. You don't represent yourself in something this substantial. Too much has happened to him in his life and he did not handle it well. I don't know for certain but checks with a couple commas followed by checks without seems to be disasterous for many. Your lifestyle swings are a roller coaster or, they aren't when they should be and you're in heavy debt. I'll always be grateful for his playing time.

The OP should have been: It's late, it's Tate, it's nine years behind the gate.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yes. He had a fool for a lawyer (himself). Just not sure if that should lead to a maximum sentence for a first offender.
But I am guilty of feeling sad about Tate's fall from grace.
That's I say his antics during the trial and after his conviction hurt him... most first time offenders cop out to a sweet deal, he didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom