It's really about that time: Start of 22-23 Season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

It's really about that time: Start of 22-23 Season

Reaction Score
Prince, not impressed, never was.
She failed to get better imo. She was very impressive in high school and then after her leg injury with USA she never really pushed her self to get better at Oregon . She's had a rocky college career starting off being committed to texas but getting injured blaming texas and leaving them with the bill to transfer to oregon where she has never done much other than tic toc complaints on the weights in the NCAA tourney . Her WNBA draft stock will not be great and she most likely will get drafted 2nd round and not make the cut. Unless a team is desperate and she has vastly gotten better during this injury again . History says......

Reaction Score
Vanslooten is going to be a good one for Oregon. Going to need others to step up though

Ducks 72, Saints 43

Attended that game tonight. Grace Vanslooten, remember that name. For a freshman playing in her first college game you can see she is going to be a special player. Also, Jennah Isai had a nice second half. Young Oregon team. though.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She failed to get better imo. She was very impressive in high school and then after her leg injury with USA she never really pushed her self to get better at Oregon . She's had a rocky college career starting off being committed to texas but getting injured blaming texas and leaving them with the bill to transfer to oregon where she has never done much other than tic toc complaints on the weights in the NCAA tourney . Her WNBA draft stock will not be great and she most likely will get drafted 2nd round and not make the cut. Unless a team is desperate and she has vastly gotten better during this injury again . History says......
She could've been an absolute terror at the college level with the right coaching. She needed to be coached hard and willing to receive it.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Reminder that the DePaul @ Texas exhibition game will be aired on Longhorn Network tomorrow (Sunday) at 2:00 PM Central time.

Reaction Score
Reminder that the DePaul @ Texas exhibition game will be aired on Longhorn Network tomorrow (Sunday) at 2:00 PM Central time.
Sadly don't get LHN. Makes watching games difficult at times.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Sadly don't get LHN. Makes watching games difficult at times.
From what I hear, there are a lot of streaming services which offer trial subscriptions which include LHN. Sling is one, I believe.

Reaction Score
She could've been an absolute terror at the college level with the right coaching. She needed to be coached hard and willing to receive it.
But she decided to be a terror on Tic Tok. Social causes were more important than basketball

Reaction Score
Has been a fun watch thus far. Texas transfers kinda look as advertised. Aaliyah Moore looks better than last year. Rori content just playing hard and running the team. DePaul was fine for like a quarter and a half. Morrow is a bit off but I like People's.

Reaction Score
I know it’s pre season but I’m guessing DePaul isn’t going to play much defense this year? Feels like that

Reaction Score
Has been a fun watch thus far. Texas transfers kinda look as advertised. Aaliyah Moore looks better than last year. Rori content just playing hard and running the team. DePaul was fine for like a quarter and a half. Morrow is a bit off but I like People's.
Scary thought considering she wasn't fully healthy last season and she wrecked havoc then too. Big fan of her game. Looking forward to her play this season.

Reaction Score
Prince moves on from Oregon. Could Graves be working on something else now. Usually when a Oregon coach tweets a "Duck" icon something good happened.

Reaction Score
Prince moves on from Oregon. Could Graves be working on something else now. Usually when an Oregon coach tweets a "Duck" icon something good happened.
My guess is Hannah Gusters to Oregon, she recently started following the Oregon wbb page, Graves and a bunch of the players as well as them following her back

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Scores from exhibition games against lower level teams should be taken with a huge grain of salt, but Washington beat Warner Pacific 115-24 earlier this week. The word is with no Nancy Mulkey on the floor they're looking to push tempo this year.

Reaction Score
Initial thoughts from preseason across wbb.

Starting lineups -
1. Thought it was interesting NC State started Madison Hayes. I always liked the energy she played with and thinks it makes sense. Nonetheless Saniya Rivers may start the season on the bench which is interesting.
2. Stanford started a freshman not named Lauren Betts and gave Kiki the nod at center. Kiki is really talented but it's interesting to see how they alot time with their bugs
3. I liked that Hannah started in the Miami game along with a lot of their seniors. They got a lot of young talent and Hailey on the bench.
4. Shout-out to Saylor P for starting and getting some minutes at Arkansas in their opening game. They didn't start Jersey W, but she played well off the bench. They are an interesting team
5. I know South Carolina is probably experimenting a lot in a preseason game but I think it's interesting they started Bre Hall and is probably confirmation Zia will start at point. I really don't think it's going to be that hard of a transition for her. In fact it's probably good that she can prove she can handle both guard spots at the next level

I actually really didn't want to be that long winded on this post so other quick musings. Adia Barnes and Jade Loville seem like a great fit. Barnes has really spoken glowingly about her in each press conference. Abby Meyer is who I thought she was. Once again I know it's preseason but she may be Maryland's best player. I doubt she struggles at all transitioning to a power 5 conference. It will be interesting to watch Utah play this year, but they seem to be just as good if not better than the team that gave teams problems last year. Lastly I'm a bit concerned about Oregon. They got a tough schedule and a pretty new group. Idk it just kinda feels the past couple seasons the pressure of being a big time program has gotten to them and they don't seem to be having too much fun. But this is pure observation and speculation

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom