It's Official: Adams, Smith, and Yakwe | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's Official: Adams, Smith, and Yakwe

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I see Hurley hasn't gotten to the uniform change yet. I hate to bring it up but in this picture Adams is facing us but you can still see most of his upper back muscles. SMH

Still, beats the pants off the string beans we've been rolling out there for awhile now.

Reaction Score
I think Danny will eventually make Whaley into someone who fits his "pressure man style" defense. He's long, can move his feet as well if not better than all the bigs we had and he can guard the screen and roll. Now he has some to learn and he needs to add some offense but if he becomes a Josh Boone (alley oops, tip ins, putbacks, block some shots) style player it will fit perfect - I think with some off season strengthening he can be close to that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I might be pushing it a little but I think the NCAA tournament is this teams destiny come next March. The AAC is down a little and it is time UConn comes to the forefront in the conference
No, we're doomed Bill.

C'mon buddy, you know better!

Reaction Score
I think Danny will eventually make Whaley into someone who fits his "pressure man style" defense. He's long, can move his feet as well if not better than all the bigs we had and he can guard the screen and roll. Now he has some to learn and he needs to add some offense but if he becomes a Josh Boone (alley oops, tip ins, putbacks, block some shots) style player it will fit perfect - I think with some off season strengthening he can be close to that.
Boone was a rugged player even as a freshman. He mixed it up really well down low.

I completely see what you're saying about Isaiah, playing like he did early in the year, except better and more consistent in year 2 with increased strength and skills. It would be great to see him play tougher like JB.

Our frontcourt is going to be better as everybody takes a jump in strength and skills, plus it is quite possible that Yakwe might have a fine year, being healthy now and and a more developed player than when he was All Big East Rookie Team his first year at St. Johns. He may be poised for a terrific year after a couple of somewhat unremarkable years. That would really be a blessing.

Reaction Score
Seems like a theme with our senior bigs. Get out of your own way.

I guess that's what I took away from this, too?

Senior bigs... all kind of do something along these lines?

Or - have a coach that's just endlessly searching for something they're not. I feel like he's a good player if you just ask him to do what he can actually do.

Reaction Score
Seems like a theme with our senior bigs. Get out of your own way.
Well you make it seem like a bad thing, but a coach that plays to his players’ strength is a good coach. Mask your guys’ weaknesses and they can still make good money.

You can develop each player only so far. There are plenty of NBA regulars who have become key role players based off of only doing what they do well.

I imagine it’s tough telling a kid you love what their limits are. But if it can still make them millions, that pain will waste away over time.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I must say I am happy with the Hurley signing, and optimistic as always about next season and the incoming players. My mind was blown to see Vital declare, and Adams didn't!? I really appreciate Jaylen's commitment to and enthusiasm for the program-it really shows. I was disappointed to lose out on Matthews...his athleticism reminded me of Stanley Robinson, and we haven't had a player like that in years. I have a question for the boneyard...what does everyone think about the recruiting involving more and more transfers or graduate transfers? A month or so ago I was mentioning to a friend that I think they should play minor roles on a team, or compliment the team. It seems that they are becoming part of the formula for many teams, Uconn especially. Do we like this, or no? I feel that while they may bring maturity and experience, they may not have the stake in the program that a player who has been around for 3 or 4 years will have, or who had been courted out of high school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom