It's Miller Time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It's Miller Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone who watched games last season would identify shooting as a major obstacle to overcome to get victories. Other than Adams I don't see progress on the front. Enoch will be a post shooter but we need a 3 shooter to spread the floor.
You're not wrong, but maybe use another thread to discuss this?

The team has several other needs to fill along with more shooting. Miller potentially fills a few of those needs.

This is nothing but good news.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Now who was it claiming recruitment was a bust and asking if I should be fired after next season?"

olliekevinko.gif.jpeg_zpskdossg4l.gif

kodance.jpeg_zpsteue6ba1.gif

Husky Dad and UC990411 (actually, the latter wanted him fired in February and kicked off of the flight back to CT).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Anyone who watched games last season would identify shooting as a major obstacle to overcome to get victories. Other than Adams I don't see progress on the front. Enoch will be a post shooter but we need a 3 shooter to spread the floor.

Yes, but as many others have said in this thread, we need help with more than just shooting.

Reaction Score
we'll have adams, hamilton, and purvis... facey took some jumpshots this past year and looks to have great form and stroke, if he can work on his game this summer i think he can be a great pick and pop guy as well as a 3 point shooter

And also, I'm not sold that Miller can't make the leap to a 33-35% three point shooter choosing from a better menu of shots.

The Cornell blogger said he wasn't a good outside shooter, and that's fair to say given his career percentages. But I'm guessing him playing on a team that struggled so much to score, he was frequently forced into initiating the offense and taking off-the-dribble threes with the shot clock expiring. Those "bad" shots will be completely eliminated from his diet playing alongside Purvis, Hamilton, and Adams, and instead replaced by wide open, standstill looks when defenses ignore him. If he can simply hit enough of them to keep defenses honest, that will be a big upgrade over the Facey/Nolan tandem from last season, where it oftentimes felt like we were playing 4 on 5 offensively.

He did shoot 83% from the line, so it isn't as if his shooting touch is a problem. Hell, even if he can master that Jeff Adrien elbow jumper - particularly against the zone - that elevates our offense to an other level.

Reaction Score
Uses the glass well and nice midrange, has the maturity which is going to be big. Psyched.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it is a good pick-up but it is not a great pick-up. We need another shooter - preferably two and 27% from 3 doesn't fit that bill.

Good or Great - time will tell
I don't care a bit about his shooting %
He was the main man on an Ivy League team and not a very good team
I am sure Ollie brings him here as a 4 who can add muscle, rebounding and intelligence AND an OCCASIONAL outside shot
He will hopefully take some of the rebounding burden off of DHam
BUT most of all he brings maturity and experience - something very few 3 star or even 4 star freshman will offer
Is he an AA? NO Will he bring 15 PPG? Probably not but he will score. He certainly wont hurt one bit
I think KO hit a home run on this one.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do you know RP won't improve? Do you know Omar won't regain his shot? Don't think DHam will have more confidence? Is TSam not going to play at all? Don't think Adams can hit 3's?
C'mon lets start thinking the glass is 1/2 Full

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Do you know RP won't improve? Do you know Omar won't regain his shot? Don't think DHam will have more confidence? Is TSam not going to play at all?
C'mon lets start thinking the glass is 1/2 Full

IMHO
RP already improved
After waiting for 2 years, I think it is not likely Omar contributes much
DHam will improve like a rocket
Hope TSam fills a nice niche for us.

Reaction Score
Stop saying those with reservations are negative people. That is dead wrong. Most of them are simply stupid.

I will take a shot on an experienced big man who puts up 16 and 9 and happens to be an ivy leaguer any day.

Reaction Score
I admit I'm just going by the tape but he fills an inside need for us as I see it. His line for 25 minutes is not going to be 3 points and 2 rebounds! We have players that did that fairly often. So if Facey and Nolan want to be out there they need to step up because he has skills. I know Nolan is a 5 but he could move him out.

Reaction Score
Guy on the rivals site is saying Alterique Gilbert to UConn is a done deal but will be made public a little later.
I will curb my enthusiasm until it comes from the horse's mouth ( AKA his hands via twitter) but this is possibly turning into a fantastic weekend

Reaction Score
Consider this. Put aside the defense and rebounding. This guy averaged almost the same amount of ppg as Boat. Subtract the 2ppg or so we got from the pf position last year. That would mean anything over 3 points or so from Adams is gravy. And then throw in some improvement from Purvis and DHam. We might have an offense next year.
I realize Miller will probably not score as much next year on a more talented team, but the threat that he can will make everyone better. Especially with Boat gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom