It's been put to rest the Big 10 | The Boneyard

It's been put to rest the Big 10

Reaction Score
I knew they were overrated but my goodness has the Big 10 been exposed. I like Iowa's team but knew they would eventually run into a team who is just to fast ans athletic for them, didn't think they would lose by 30 in the second round though. Just a disastrous tournament for the Big 10. As I said all season the league has some dominant big men but the guard play pretty much sucks outside of Ayo.

Reaction Score
0 teams in the sweet 16 if bama beats maryland and lsu beats michigan. meanwhile the overlooked PAC will have between 2-5 teams in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Try this for size. I think UConn is the highest seeded team ANY team in the Big 10 has beaten so far this season. (Clemson equal but you get the point) Md lose to Alabama and Michigan will be alone, and, they haven't advanced yet.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Yep overrated. I thought Michigan and Illinois were ranked correctly. I was skeptical of OSU and Iowa. My son is an Iowa grad and we have had an argument about Iowa for years. My point is Fran McCaffrey(my least favorite college coach) never coaches any defense and until he does Iowa won't go deep in the tourney. Today he agreed with me.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and so have the smiley face posse big ten buttboys. yeah, that's right - i'm calling youse out. openly and notoriously. bouyah!
now, don't go away mad, just go away to dictionary geezerland, where watching tv is a source of great wisdom. not.
a230c009646c3300478ccd1aa44d52d3.gif

Last edited:

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The narrative is going to be that the conference was so deep that these teams were exhausted and were worn out by the conference tournament. It’s impossible to win a national title after going through a meat grinder conference and winning a conference title, nobody can do it.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The narrative is going to be that the conference was so deep that these teams were exhausted and were worn out by the conference tournament. It’s impossible to win a national title after going through a meat grinder conference and winning a conference title, nobody can do it.

And if Gonzaga wins, it will support that narrative even more.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the narrative only truly matters when its time to get bids.

The eternal debate about which conference is the best is a tempest in a teapot. Not worried about the spin affecting next year's bids. The results are the results and that'll have some sway come next March.

Reaction Score
Lol. You guys are funny. The big 10 fell into the same situation like the big east that sent 11 teams and got bounced just as fast. Thank God Uconn won it all that year.

Goliath gets slayed often during this time. The big boys and their young all Americans get bounced by the loaded mid major senior loaded teams.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Unfortunately the narrative only truly matters when its time to get bids.

The eternal debate about which conference is the best is a tempest in a teapot. Not worried about the spin affecting next year's bids. The results are the results and that'll have some sway come next March.
Yeah I just think it's really funny to watch the B1G constantly step on rakes on every big stage

Reaction Score
I'm sure it will get some crap like that - so I guess that a grueling Big East season and tournament is why we only won 3 NC's when we were in the OBE.0

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No conference completely soils its pants in the tournament every few years quite like the Big 10 does. Conferences can have bad years, but when the Big 10 goes down, it goes down in flames.

Reaction Score
I knew they were overrated but my goodness has the Big 10 been exposed. I like Iowa's team but knew they would eventually run into a team who is just to fast ans athletic for them, didn't think they would lose by 30 in the second round though. Just a disastrous tournament for the Big 10. As I said all season the league has some dominant big men but the guard play pretty much sucks outside of Ayo.
I said last week that there would be no middle ground.

The Big Ten would either dominate this Tournament, with 5-6 in the S16 3-4 in the E8, and two in the Final Four, or they would be completely exposed.

It is the latter.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
lets review, shall we?
'the feet stuck in the mud' conference.
that is all. carry on.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, that reasoning worked for UConn in 2011.
Oh wait...

EDIT: I see that I wasn't the first to notice this.

On another note, if Maryland beats Bama, LSU drops Michigan, and Colorado tops FSU, how will it feel to have Syracuse & Maryland the only ACC & B1G teams, and that "mediocre" USC win coming against the surprising Pac-12?

Can Mick lose to Abilene Christian and miss the Sweet 16 with 2 tournament victories? Will Creighton make us further rue not being the 3rd Big East team playing next weekend.

So many remaining storylines. Oh well.. .

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Everyone was afraid of the 2021 Big Ten.
If people are too dumb to see the difference, who can open their eyes?'
sleepy (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) smiley faced posse needs to apologize to mclovin, bigtime.
emoticon-with-punched-eye.png

and oh, looks like el jefe is back in business here. with two, u get eggrolled!
seriously, youse should work on expanding ur vocabulary beyond just the words 'dumb' 'stupid' 'moron', which y'all use like toilet paper.

Reaction Score
Except ............ wait..........almost there..........The 2011 UConn team of course.

Reaction Score
Maybe it is a case of pumping the P5 to attract more viewership. Seems like Cuse gets preferential treatment since so many in media and broadcasting are alumni.

Reaction Score
Shockingly, IU was the only winner in the tournament- they didn't get a chance to lose and they get a new coach! What a disaster of a post season for Big Ten.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom