It's all clear as day now | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's all clear as day now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Those who dismiss the chance, no matter how remote, of UConn to the Big 10 are more questionable in their judgment than those who can see the possibility.

Those who reason that UConn is a good fit for the Big 10 might be doing it based-in part-on hope, but that hope is informed by hints, facts, and argument. A summary "UConn is not going to the Big 10", standing alone, without facts or an elucidation of such a strident opinion, makes the utterer a realignment denier. And frankly that is intellectually lazy and comes off as supremely boorish.

I will step down from my soapbox and remind everyone that there was a time when no one else but Husky Nation believed either:

628x471.jpg
Way to beat on the gong! And besides this strategy worked for the rutgirls.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Went to a small private university where the male to female ratio was greater than 2:1. It was literally in the middle of nowhere and most of the menfolk killed off the women folk cause they were so ugly. The sheep were a past time for an occasional drunken lost sole. Getting a date was harder than pissing with a pineapple size prostate. But we tried anyways. Most of us only gave up after twenty five or more rejections. Your problem young man is you never had to face real adversity and lots of rejection. Buck up my friend. Over time these things get easier.

So you went to Notre Dame?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you want to be accurate, 30 years. And it's not so much that I wouldn't have wanted to consider that strategy when I was single as much as that strategy would never have considered me.
Thirty years, congrats man (no sarcasm at all)! In this day and age that is one hell of a feat.

I should clarify the 'considered' statement: it was more to not trying out of fear of being able to pull it off (and the repercussions of said failure) than preferring to be faithful to one and honest with the other.

Reaction Score
If you want to be accurate, 30 years. And it's not so much that I wouldn't have wanted to consider that strategy when I was single as much as that strategy would never have considered me.
Money talks. Which means your wife is a lucky woman. lol

Reaction Score
Delany said the Big Ten has approximately 540,000 alumni between northern Virginia and southern New England.

That really doesn't sound as encouraging as I originally pictured it. Between VA and SNE pretty much means Maryland to NJ/NYC.

That being said I guarantee every single poster that says UConn to the B1G is impossible already said RU to the B1G is impossible.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That really doesn't sound as encouraging as I originally pictured it. Between VA and SNE pretty much means Maryland to NJ/NYC.

That being said I guarantee every single poster that says UConn to the B1G is impossible already said RU to the B1G is impossible.
And I'm not sure anyone considered Md to the B!G never mind dismiss the thought.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am chronically ill, you d***ass. Don't worry, I've gotten afterwards.
Sorry. I didn't know that. And good for you.

And sorry as well for pissing on the parade of everyone else here celebrating our inevitable invite to the B1G.

Keep on keeping on.

Reaction Score

Who knows what Delaney meant, but has anyone ever heard the term "Southern New England" applied to mean that portion of New England that resides in the NYC media market, meaning Fairfield County? No, because that is not what Southern New England is used to describe. It just isn't. It normally means CT, RI and MA (as opposed to Northern New England which means VT, NH and ME), but you could use it to just mean CT and RI and others would as well. But it can't mean Fairfield County.

Whether that's how Delaney used it, who knows. But it would have been a mistake, and by all reports the man does not make many.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Who knows what Delaney meant, but has anyone ever heard the term "Southern New England" applied to mean that portion of New England that resides in the NYC media market, meaning Fairfield County? No, because that is not what Southern New England is used to describe. It just isn't. It normally means CT, RI and MA (as opposed to Northern New England which means VT, NH and ME), but you could use it to just mean CT and RI and others would as well. But it can't mean Fairfield County.

Whether that's how Delaney used it, who knows. But it would have been a mistake, and by all reports the man does not make many.
Southern New England Map

It's pretty obvious that he was referring to UNH. Anyone who couldn't tell that just by watching last night's game is a realignment denier.

Reaction Score
A move to any conference will have to be accompanied by a stadium expansion and upgrade. Ohio State is not coming to the Rent as is. A commitment to upgrade would suffice and then maybe a combination of big donors and state bonding.

I think if we had 50,000 - 70,000, which is apparently doable, then that puts on the map.

It is puzzling that MD and RU waltzed in through. We are on par with both academically although MD is very good. I just think that Rent. does not portray a good college game-day atmosphere. I have been to every game mind you but it's just MHO.

pj

Reaction Score
It's not puzzling that Md and Rutgers waltzed in. I've been saying UVa-Md-Rutgers-UConn to the B1G for a year. It makes too much sense, locks up the biggest markets and expands the money per team.

Now the trouble is the ACC disintegration could make even better possibilities available (UNC-UVa) and the Notre Dame wildcard may be up for grabs. They are competing with SEC and B12 for top ACC programs and may want to keep UConn as a backup plan while they wait on Notre Dame. Meanwhile UVa has a lot of politics obstructing a move. We don't control our timetable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom