It's all clear as day now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's all clear as day now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stop it.

This "Lindsay Lohan didn't want me because Kate Upton does" theory is really getting tiring.
Lohan is a floozy. Why hit Lohan for one night and end up with hepatitis BC. When we can get a keeper in Upton.

Reaction Score
Because it's cathartic and I'm still mourning. And I want to see if anyone gets any real information about how our school missed so badly on something so important. A thread title like this lead me to think there might be some insight in the thread, not just another HFD devotee who knows how to use a shift key.
crying_baby.jpg

Reaction Score
Dream on, guys. I'm done looking like a fool, but you guys are welcome to keep doing it. Having an inflated self-image seems to be one thing at which UConn excels.

Send a picture so we can verify you don't look like a fool. :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well this discussion has certainly degenerated. Wishes and hopes will get you nothing. Feel free to have them and get in a circle and sing about them. But please refrain from attacking your fellow Husky fans who are more realistic. We're all on this sinking ship. Some are bailing water to keep it afloat for a rescue while others are focusing on a mirage of a rescue.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
The other action that we took was to upgrade hockey.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well this discussion has certainly degenerated. Wishes and hopes will get you nothing. Feel free to have them and get in a circle and sing about them. But please refrain from attacking your fellow Husky fans who are more realistic. We're all on this sinking ship. Some are bailing water to keep it afloat for a rescue while others are focusing on a mirage of a rescue.
It's easier for them than looking in a mirror.

Have at it guys. Knock yourselves out.

Reaction Score
Dream on, guys. I'm done looking like a fool, but you guys are welcome to keep doing it. Having an inflated self-image seems to be one thing at which UConn excels.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the acc ship game will be fun to watch when its a b10 v b12 showdown

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

And neither way is wrong! We all want the same thing. Who cares if Fan A prefers the B1G when Fan B prefers the ACC? The point is that our most "reasonable" conference option continuously passes on us because they think that UConn has nothing to offer anywhere else. Well, if enough 10 people tell enough 10 people who tell enough 10 people that UConn and the B1G makes sense, then guess what? We look like we have a second option, real or not. Then, and only then, will UConn escape this disaster of a conference and play meaningful football and hoops again. That's why I don't understand the negative Nancy attitudes. Now is not the time to be dogging the Dogs! Now is the time to be signing the praises and inflating their perceived value. People outside of CT do not view UConn in the same light as we all do so it only hurts UConn when UConn fans affirm what the "outsiders" think.

I don't care if UConn goes to the ACC or B1G. My preference is B1G but if UConn were invited to the ACC tomorrow and all efforts have been exhausted to get to the B1G (and it's clear as day we can't get in), then I'd be thrilled to go the ACC. But it's clear that the ACC isn't done losing members so it's time for UConn fans to view them as Plan B every bit as much as the ACC views UConn as Plan B. The ACC will always be there as they continue to lose members to the SEC, Big12 and B1G. I don't see any B1G schools leaving for the ACC!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not to mention, the smart thing to do then is to just bang Lohan while you're close to being able to bang Upton.
Yeah but if it's all in your head than your just banging your own head!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Congrats on that, given that it was a decade ago, condolences as well.
Sadly, college was more than a decade ago.

The comment was a sophomoric jab a Butch, who made the stunning admission the other day that he never did. I thought his admission explained a lot. But maybe he's a priest.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I care so much because UConn hoops has been one of the greatest passions and thrills of my entire life. I am as disappointed as anyone about what has happened, and until this week I held out hope that we would survive and thrive in a new conference home. That hope has been dashed by the resounding thud of rejection from our only option, and everyone outside of a few deluded folks here recognizes now that we are stuck in reverse. I'd rather face reality than pretend that we're driving forward any more. It hurt too much to go through it again.
Went to a small private university where the male to female ratio was greater than 2:1. It was literally in the middle of nowhere and most of the menfolk killed off the women folk cause they were so ugly. The sheep were a past time for an occasional drunken lost sole. Getting a date was harder than pissing with a pineapple size prostate. But we tried anyways. Most of us only gave up after twenty five or more rejections. Your problem young man is you never had to face real adversity and lots of rejection. Buck up my friend. Over time these things get easier.

Reaction Score
B1G here we come! (With UVA).
This explains:

Delany's southern New England comment.

What was the Delany southern NE comment exactly? I've seen a couple allusions to it but didn't hear exactly what it was. If he said they're adding a team in SNE that means either UConn or BC, and if he meant BC I'd think he would have said Boston, not SNE, not to mention BC to the B1G makes zero sense

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not to mention, the smart thing to do then is to just bang Lohan while you're close to being able to bang Upton.
An expected answer from a man who has been married for ~ a quarter century and would never had considered that strategy when he was single. ;)

Reaction Score
An expected answer from a man who has been married for ~ a quarter century and would never had considered that strategy when he was single. ;)

If you want to be accurate, 30 years. And it's not so much that I wouldn't have wanted to consider that strategy when I was single as much as that strategy would never have considered me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The reason Aresco didn't mention us at the press conference was because he didn't know the ACC just got done ****ing us (Lohan) and decided to get married to UL ( Upton)
In that scenario we're Upton and the ACC chose Lohan.

Reaction Score
Sadly, college was more than a decade ago.

The comment was a sophomoric jab a Butch, who made the stunning admission the other day that he never did. I thought his admission explained a lot. But maybe he's a priest.
I am chronically ill, you d***ass. Don't worry, I've gotten afterwards.

Reaction Score
Those who dismiss the chance, no matter how remote, of UConn to the Big 10 are more questionable in their judgment than those who can see the possibility.

Those who reason that UConn is a good fit for the Big 10 might be doing it based-in part-on hope, but that hope is informed by hints, facts, and argument. A summary "UConn is not going to the Big 10", standing alone, without facts or an elucidation of such a strident opinion, makes the utterer a realignment denier. And frankly that is intellectually lazy and comes off as supremely boorish.

I will step down from my soapbox and remind everyone that there was a time when no one else but Husky Nation believed either:

628x471.jpg

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
What was the Delany southern NE comment exactly? I've seen a couple allusions to it but didn't hear exactly what it was. If he said they're adding a team in SNE that means either UConn or BC, and if he meant BC I'd think he would have said Boston, not SNE, not to mention BC to the B1G makes zero sense

Delany said the Big Ten has approximately 540,000 alumni between northern Virginia and southern New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom