"It's a Loss. It's not crushing us" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"It's a Loss. It's not crushing us"

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You want him to say it crushed us and we’re throwing in the towel? There wasn’t anything else he could say. I’m down on Ollie but some criticism is just silly.
What about saying the team played great against Wichita when they lost by 10 at home? The man just doesn't know what to say and what not to say. Very Ben McAdoo-ish and we know where he is now.

Reaction Score
I don’t give a crap. My ability to call out BS is still second to none.

He openly says it’s acceptable to root for UConn to lose. If this board weren’t full of __________s, I wouldn’t be the only one saying that’s screwed up.

While I have you here...who did you want to win tonight’s game?
You've already won. You're the most Millennial out of all the Millennials on this board.

You beat out Vegan boy, congrats on your victory.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Alright you keep on supporting under .500 seasons!!

You're rooting for the team to lose - that directly leads to sub-.500 seasons.

The quoted post describes you, not me.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Or how about :

“Yeah, this stings real bad. We’ll give it a day and when we get back to Gampel we’ve got a lot of hard work to do to clean things up”

You can acknowledge that losing to Tulsa sucks while also not quitting...
He needs a lessen in public relations. You'd think after all his years in the NBA, he'd know how to respond to the media after losses. Clueless. This will be the weakness that costs him his job. Recruits can tell BS when they hear it too.

Reaction Score
You're rooting for the team to lose - that directly leads to sub-.500 seasons.

The quoted post describes you, not me.
As you've said a million times on this board, the fanbase has zero effect on what we do as a basketball program.

Someone cheering for us to go 31-0 or 14-17 has nothing to do with how the team performs. It won't change Ollie having back to back years that are worse than any in the past 35 years.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
As you've said a million times on this board, the fanbase has zero effect on what we do as a basketball program.

Someone cheering for us to go 31-0 or 14-17 has nothing to do with how the team performs. It won't change Ollie having back to back years that are worse than any in the past 35 years.

You're defending a self-proclaimed "UConn fan" rooting for UConn to lose.

Pause and re-evaluate yourself.

Reaction Score
He needs a lessen in public relations. You'd think after all his years in the NBA, he'd know how to respond to the media after losses. Clueless. This will be the weakness that costs him his job. Recruits can tell BS when they hear it too.
Recruits and UConn players already have and so have their parents.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

The only thing this or any D1 athletic program responds to is decreased revenue and fan support (especially apathy). Diaco is a classic example. People vote with the checkbooks.
• Declining revenue: Check
• Declining fan support: Check
• Fire Coach Ollie: Check

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
you wanted to keep Ollie for over 12 months after all the warning signs started rearing their head. you have no credentials here

Your crowd thinks lottery picks and deep tourney runs are coming back. Don't talk to me about credentials.

Sorry I'm not Tenspro, who wanted Ollie gone a season after winning a title.

Reaction Score
Yo they shot 36 free throws to our 14 and shot 41 3’s I don’t understand the refs are even allowed to call anymore games

They draw a lot of fouls on the season. Their FT Rate is 45%, top 10 nationally.

Our rate is 32.5% and is below average for D1.

We also foul more than the average team and they foul significantly less than the average team (90th percentile avoiding fouls).

So a team who draws a lot of fouls and doesn't foul opponents AND who is fouled at the end to prolong the game is playing a team that fouls more than average and doesn't draw a lot of fouls and wasn't fouled intentionally and you are surprised there is a FT disparity?

Reaction Score
I don’t give a crap. My ability to call out BS is still second to none.

He openly says it’s acceptable to root for UConn to lose. If this board weren’t full of __________s, I wouldn’t be the only one saying that’s screwed up.

While I have you here...who did you want to win tonight’s game?
KecWNfM.jpg

Reaction Score
Your crowd thinks lottery picks and deep tourney runs are coming back. Don't talk to me about credentials.

Sorry I'm not Tenspro, who wanted Ollie gone a season after winning a title.
I've already given you my expectations. They're not remotely unreasonable. This current situation is a complete fiasco

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I've already given you my expectations. They're not remotely unreasonable. This current situation is a complete fiasco

If you're honestly content with that, you're in the vast minority here.

I can't keep track of how many times I see JC used as the standard for recruiting, game-planning, player development, and sending kids to the pros on a daily basis here. People lie about it when pressed directly because it makes them look foolish, but deep down that's what they want.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
"I think we should finish most years ranked = We should have 2 lottery picks every year and a final four every other year when we don't win the championship"

Spend 5 years with Cincy or Wichita's tourney/NBA track records and get back to me.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Thankfully, he's ignored. I can only imagine the brilliance.

This is probably the fifth time this season you've bragged about ignoring me. Your obsession with me is slightly unsettling.

On a side note, how do you think Foxen would've looked tonight?

Reaction Score
"I think we should finish most years ranked = We should have 2 lottery picks every year and a final four every other year when we don't win the championship"
Strawmaster in every thread, Jim Calhoun isn't walking through that door.

As if there aren't any coaches in-between Calhoun and Kevin Ollie.

Oh yeah, there is one other coach according to Straw. King Rice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom