ITM, Hawk continues to fly high | Page 8 | The Boneyard

ITM, Hawk continues to fly high

Reaction Score
It is odd though to go from playing huge minutes a lot of the season, and impressing a good bit, to none. Learning experience though, i’m sure he knows what he has to do.
This will be tough for him. He is very hard on himself. But that level of caring is going to help him have a long nba career.

caw

Reaction Score
This will be tough for him. He is very hard on himself. But that level of caring is going to help him have a long nba career.

He did look into it on the bench. No pouting or anything.

Reaction Score
It is odd though to go from playing huge minutes a lot of the season, and impressing a good bit, to none. Learning experience though, i’m sure he knows what he has to do.
Combo of playing McCollum regardless and whatever strategic decision that Alvarado was the bench guard in this particular game. Surprisingly it worked, I thought Sacto the better team but Pels dominated after the first 10 minutes and I guess have beaten the Kings 3 times already this season so clearly they know what to do against Sacto.

Reaction Score
I knew he would get a lot less minutes when NOP got healthy, but I didn’t think he’d drop to DNP-CD..

Hopefully just a short term thing

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Lot's of guards on Pels roster. Murphy Jr. and Alvarado had big +/- last night.

Reaction Score
Daniels only got 6 minutes last night when he's been playing in the 20s, Kings basically only went 7 deep, last night was a playoff game.

Reaction Score
It's a long season. Hawk, like most rookies, needs to make the most of his opportunities when they come. He is doing a great job so far.

Reaction Score
Daniels only got 6 minutes last night when he's been playing in the 20s, Kings basically only went 7 deep, last night was a playoff game.
I wonder how many more times you'll have to post this before people stop commenting as if this was a regular season game.

Reaction Score
Jordan didn't play a minute against the Kings last night and he's healthy. Apparently now that all the starters are back Jordan is out of the rotation. He's been the 3rd best rookie. New Orleans needs to trade somebody. Kid is too goo to rot on bench

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I mean I expected Hawk to be in their playoff rotation, too, based on what how he's been playing.
I agree he seemed to be a in the rotation player regardless of game type or health of team. I guess we will have to watch and see.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many more times you'll have to post this before people stop commenting as if this was a regular season game.
It’s a regular season game to me the in season tournament is a joke. New Orleans is still a loser franchise, oh let’s bench Jordan Hawkins he’s too good to ride the bench but but we don’t wanna hurt any of the vets feelings.

Reaction Score
It’s a regular season game to me the in season tournament is a joke. New Orleans is still a loser franchise, oh let’s bench Jordan Hawkins he’s too good to ride the bench but but we don’t wanna hurt any of the vets feelings.
Thoughtful as always.

caw

Reaction Score
I just assumed they were resting Hawkins since he's been playing so much with the vets out. I don't think there's a conspiracy here fellas.
That is my assumption as well, have to see how things go in the next game. One game isn't a big deal, two...

Reaction Score
new orleans needs to make a trade - they have too many guys.

i know that, as uconn fans, we want to believe that jordan hawkins is their best option at the position, but the reality is that guys like trey murphy and jose alvarado are really good nba players in their own rights. and the pelicans won the game last night!!

there is probably no other team in the league that needs to make a three guys-for-one trade more. i wouldn't be shocked if that meant that jordan got dealt, either.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
new orleans needs to make a trade - they have too many guys.

i know that, as uconn fans, we want to believe that jordan hawkins is their best option at the position, but the reality is that guys like trey murphy and jose alvarado are really good nba players in their own rights. and the pelicans won the game last night!!

there is probably no other team in the league that needs to make a three guys-for-one trade more. i wouldn't be shocked if that meant that jordan got dealt, either.
Yes they have too many guards and as you noted they won and against a good team. Everyone that got minutes that might have been Hawks had good +/- numbers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hawk will be fine. He's shown what he can do. But this is the pros, the coach has to coach all the guys to make a team work.

Reaction Score
The overreactions on here to one game under different circumstances...

Considering all of the issues the Pelicans have had with health over the years I'm sure Willie Green and the front office were happy to have a full roster last night, they're not going to be rushing to trade someone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen him play as much as I wanted but many nights look and there’s no way for me to legally watch the Pels game without league pass, but I’m guessing his defense isn’t on level with Alvarado and that’s what kept him out last night.

I too didn’t think he’d drop fully out of the rotation with Murphy being back, but like others have said the Pels bench looked pretty solid last night. When I had last nights game on SAC was on fire from many sources so seems like the coaching staffs fear of SACs offense made them stick with a more D heavy rotation.

I think he’ll be playing next week after the tourney games are done but definitely reduced mins with the team fully healthy. Maybe they drop him to G league to play full games and focus on improving his D, but I think by the end of the season both his D and O will be better and he’ll be an asset in the playoffs.

I’m sad as a fan and owner of him in fantasy since I figured he’d get 3-4 looks from 3 each game even if they were fully healthy, but he’ll be fine

Reaction Score
I just assumed they were resting Hawkins since he's been playing so much with the vets out. I don't think there's a conspiracy here fellas.
I thought they had had 2 days rest, but it was only 1 after the back to back, so you're probably right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom