ITM, Hawk continues to fly high | Page 13 | The Boneyard

ITM, Hawk continues to fly high

Reaction Score
Woof. Rough game besides the monster dunk. Has to make his shots in his limited time, since it appears he’s only going to get limited time

Reaction Score
Woof. Rough game besides the monster dunk. Has to make his shots in his limited time, since it appears he’s only going to get limited time

Yet he was +15 in a game they won by 20, which shows you how worthless that stat is.

Reaction Score
Yet he was +15 in a game they won by 20, which shows you how worthless that stat is.
Players know who Hawk is and what he does. His "gravity" is nearly as important as his actual statistics right now when it comes to +/- and winning/losing.
Having him on the court takes one eye of every defender on his side of the court away from their primary defensive assignment. It opens up driving lanes for Zion and Ingram.

caw

Reaction Score
Players know who Hawk is and what he does. His "gravity" is nearly as important as his actual statistics right now when it comes to +/- and winning/losing.
Having him on the court takes one eye of every defender on his side of the court away from their primary defensive assignment. It opens up driving lanes for Zion and Ingram.

The game yesterday from the on and off I was watching a lot of the Pels run came with a lineup without Zion (DNP) and Ingram.

Hawk didn't play the first quarter in the game and the Pels were down 28-30.

He started the second quarter with a lineup of Val, Marshall, Murphy, CJ and Hawk. That line up was up 57-47 when another Pels sub was made. Jones for Marshall and Ingram for Hawkins at the five minute mark. +12 in 7 minutes for that five man lineup.

Hawk didn't play the third quarter and came back in during the fourth when the Pels were up 110-93. Again the lineup to start the fourth was Val, Marshall, Murphy, CJ, Hawk. Ingram subbed in at the 5 min mark with the score 127 to 106 for Marshall.

So the Val, Marshall, Murphy, CJ and Hawk lineup was a + 16 on the night. A lot of that came from Murphy and CJ hitting a good number of threes, but the Wizards did play Hawkins very closely. With those three out there it's a lot of floor spacing

Reaction Score
The game yesterday from the on and off I was watching a lot of the Pels run came with a lineup without Zion (DNP) and Ingram.

Hawk didn't play the first quarter in the game and the Pels were down 28-30.

He started the second quarter with a lineup of Val, Marshall, Murphy, CJ and Hawk. That line up was up 57-47 when another Pels sub was made. Jones for Marshall and Ingram for Hawkins at the five minute mark. +12 in 7 minutes for that five man lineup.

Hawk didn't play the third quarter and came back in during the fourth when the Pels were up 110-93. Again the lineup to start the fourth was Val, Marshall, Murphy, CJ, Hawk. Ingram subbed in at the 5 min mark with the score 127 to 106 for Marshall.

So the Val, Marshall, Murphy, CJ and Hawk lineup was a + 16 on the night. A lot of that came from Murphy and CJ hitting a good number of threes, but the Wizards did play Hawkins very closely. With those three out there it's a lot of floor spacing
Lot of work and maneuvering to make it look like Hawkins was the reason they played well. Love him as much as the next guy, but after the riots ready to be thrown in here when he had a minute reduction, I honestly thought a 1-7 game would have people being a little more rational than a 4 paragraph essay about how despite the numbers he was actually the difference maker in this one.

caw

Reaction Score
Lot of work and maneuvering to make it look like Hawkins was the reason they played well. Love him as much as the next guy, but after the riots ready to be thrown in here when he had a minute reduction, I honestly thought a 1-7 game would have people being a little more rational than a 4 paragraph essay about how despite the numbers he was actually the difference maker in this one.

I think I specified that CJ and Murphy were the reason they outscored the Wizards during those stints.

Or can you not read?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Curmudgeon

Reaction Score
I think I specified that CJ and Murphy were the reason they outscored the Wizards during those stints.

Or can you not read?
Cool yeah...so you agree the Pelicans should prob continue to play those two then.

caw

Reaction Score
Cool yeah...so you agree the Pelicans should prob continue to play those two then.

Yes and No. I am on record in believing the Pels should trade two of their guards (one of the three SGs and one of Daniels/Alvarado) for a good rim protector. They also need to get Zioin in shape.

The point of my post was to show how the lead expanded while Hawkins was in as people were pointing to his +/-.

Overall I take nothing from one game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom