It will be UConn-Villanova | The Boneyard

It will be UConn-Villanova

Reaction Score
Villanova is beat up. Physical, mental, and uconn is fresh. And at full strength. So I bet they wish it was anybody but uconn. So now the story is flipped. No Maddie, no points. So sorry Villanova. NOT.

Reaction Score
That call at the end was ridiculous. I understand the need to protect players, but common sense has to come in play. Everyone was going for the rebound and there was nothing flagrant or intentional on Dalce's part.

I doubt she will be first-team AA, but Maddie Siegrist deserves to be on it. Well, Villanova gets their wish to play for the championship, but they are running into a once dormant, now fully alive behemoth. Hopefully, Nova gets a good seeding in the tourney as Big East runner-up.

Reaction Score
That call at the end was ridiculous. I understand the need to protect players, but common sense has to come in play. Everyone was going for the rebound and there was nothing flagrant or intentional on Dalce's part.

I doubt she will be first-team AA, but Maddie Siegrist deserves to be on it. Well, Villanova gets their wish to play for the championship, but they are running into a once dormant, now fully alive behemoth. Hopefully, Nova gets a good seeding in the tourney as Big East runner-up.
Once again, that was Eric Brewton who called the intentional on Villanova. He's the ref who called that pathetic flagrant on Alliyah.
Eric is notorious for making curious calls after review. When i saw him at the scorer's table, I knew there was a foul call coming.

Reaction Score
But at least it was tight to the last second, even with a really questionable intentional foul call at the end that nearly gave the game to Creighton.
That call was breathtakingly dumb. The contact was clearly incidental, so naturally they call it an intentional foul.

If that’s the call these refs make with replay, it’s no surprise how bad they are in real time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Maddie will absolutely be first team AA. I’d bet on it

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm a Poughkeepsie native - born and raised - and always want our hometown kids to do well.

Maddie is the real deal. She should be an AA. Not so sure about player of the year. There is this girl from Iowa who is lighting it up.

UConn, right now, is a completely different animal that Nova played against a couple of weeks ago. Nova was sucking wind in the 4th quarter. We'll see tomorrow night how much Nova has left in the tank. Maddie is going to earn every bucket she makes tomorrow night. And she is going to have to play defense all night - no plays off.

Reaction Score
The Player of the Year has to come down to Clark (still a bit ahead in my view) and Siegrist. Both had monster games: Clark with a triple-double (30 points, 10 rebounds, and a ludicrous 17 assists) in a blowout win over Ohio State in the Big Ten championship; Siegrist with 37 points and 10 rebounds in a nailbiter win over Creighton). Connecticut is going to need the same lockdown defense tomorrow that they've had the last two games to slow down Siegrist. I think they can score enough to win at any rate, though.

[Meanwhile, South Carolina coasted to a routine victory against Tennessee in the SEC final, but only played eight players.]

Reaction Score
The early line in Vegas is UCONN (-10). It usually goes higher when the bets are placed since most money goes on the Huskies.
The over/ under is 131 total points.

Reaction Score
An "unobserved" technical, which wasn't called until there was a review for something else. Man, that was a bizarre call, especially at that moment in the game. Actually, glad Villanova hung on to win after that call. Flipping back and forth with the Iowa/Ohio State game. Just when you think Clark can't get any better...

Reaction Score
Nova had to work hard to get the victory...I don't see a big let down for them, but the game ended after 7:00, so with UConn coming up in 24 hours it might make a difference....On another note: Player of the Year candidate Caitlyn Clark had a triple double against Ohio.

Reaction Score
No way Clark can not be, I wonder if somehow it could be a tie. have there ever been co=players of the year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom