It will be UConn-Villanova | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It will be UConn-Villanova

Reaction Score
So more Fudd and Bueckers conjecture prefaced with “might“ and “if”. Nothing to do with those players, I feel for both of them, but man, Siegrist was hands down the best player in the BE this year; there is not even an argument to be made for anyone else. Especially not for a player out for the season and one who has sat twice for extended periods.
Ok. And it's so easy to pick and say if and maybe does not count. Again let's the facts tell the tale. In our last games, she did nothing spectacular, no 30 or 50 point games. Uconn held her in check. That's fact. And if Azzi or Paige had played. She would have been a foot note. Facts. Matter.

Reactions: JBK

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
In addition beyond the fact that this is her third game in three days, and each of the first two went down to the wire, I think Siegrist played all 40 minutes in both games. Now Villanova did use their bench quite a bit to rest the other players, but not Siegrist.
So I took a look at MPG for both teams in the BET. Siegrist & Olsen both are 75-80 in total. The only UConn player close to that is Nika with 68 mins. I did not watch the Villanova games, nor any of their end of season games, so what say you on the impact of the MPG? Siegrist has been playing a lot of mins the whole season, so does this matter?
1678117740010.png

Reaction Score
Ok. And it's so easy to pick and say if and maybe does not count. Again let's the facts tell the tale. In our last games, she did nothing spectacular, no 30 or 50 point games. Uconn held her in check. That's fact. And if Azzi or Paige had played. She would have been a foot note. Facts. Matter.
And Azzi numbers before she got hurt was just as good as Maddie. Period

Reaction Score
So I took a look at MPG for both teams in the BET. Siegrist & Olsen both are 75-80 in total. The only UConn player close to that is Nika with 68 mins. I did not watch the Villanova games, nor any of their end of season games, so what say you on the impact of the MPG? Siegrist has been playing a lot of mins the whole season, so does this matter?
View attachment 84745
Yes. It did yesterday. You could see both teams looked tired.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I saw different games. Maddy averaged 23 points in two games with the Huskies double and triple teaming her. She opens up the court for her teammates and is smart enough to know when to pass instead of force up shot

Why is it so hard to give her her due?

Reaction Score
Yes. It did yesterday. You could see both teams looked tired.
Agreed. This was really evident yesterday from both Nova and Creighton. There was one string of possessions that stood out to me where the teams turned it over to each other about 4 times in a row with sloppy play that seemed to be a byproduct of fatigue. AND Maddy especially looked absolutely gassedby the end of the game. She is an incredible player, but she has carried her team into the finals and now has to face off against our height, length and athleticism- probably the toughest task she’s had yet in the tournament. And she will likely have to play all 40 mins again, UNLESS she gets in foul trouble- and I wouldn’t be surprised if that isn’t a part of our game plan- go at her hard and force her to play really tough D or foul to force her out of the game for stretches.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
But at least it was tight to the last second, even with a really questionable intentional foul call at the end that nearly gave the game to Creighton.
Not intentional dangerous, she actually pushed out against Saunders face.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Once again, that was Eric Brewton who called the intentional on Villanova. He's the ref who called that pathetic flagrant on Alliyah.
Eric is notorious for making curious calls after review. When i saw him at the scorer's table, I knew there was a foul call coming.
All 3 officials were involved.

Reaction Score
Talk about going overboard! SC is undefeated. Has won 36 games in a row as a program. Is bigger and more athletic than UConn. Is devastating on the boards. Has incredible depth and a great coach! Has AA player and previous player of year. They are the only guaranteed lock to be a 1 seed. I am a UConn fan , but to say that SC pales in comparison to our team is just flat out silly! If you want your team to get respect, you need to give others respect.
SEblueblood- - -I respect SoCar's players and coach!
UCONN lost by 4 points the last time UCONN met SoCar without Azzi and Caroline Ducharme and was leading for most of the game!
By the time UCONN meets SoCar again Azzi and Caroline Ducharme will have worked their way back into the UCONN offense and defense!
UCONN's guards are superior to SoCar's guards and the way Aalyah and Dorka are playing they can hold their own with SoCar bigs!
UCONN has to much firepower in Nika, Azzi, Lou, Caroline Ducharme, Aubrey, for SoCar to shutdown!
UCONN would win in a close game!
But UCONN MUST remain injury/illness free the rest of the way for all this to occur!

Reaction Score
SEblueblood- - -I respect SoCar's players and coach!
UCONN lost by 4 points the last time UCONN met SoCar without Azzi and Caroline Ducharme and was leading for most of the game!
By the time UCONN meets SoCar again Azzi and Caroline Ducharme will have worked their way back into the UCONN offense and defense!
UCONN's guards are superior to SoCar's guards and the way Aalyah and Dorka are playing they can hold their own with SoCar bigs!
UCONN has to much firepower in Nika, Azzi, Lou, Caroline Ducharme, Aubrey, for SoCar to shutdown!
UCONN would win in a close game!
But UCONN MUST remain injury/illness free the rest of the way for all this to occur!
I agree with the Azzi & Caroline point you make. But I don't see anything in your assessment that addresses the rebounding issue, which is where SC kills the Huskies. If they can't figure that out they will have a hard time beating SC.

Reactions: JBK
Reaction Score
100% correct

JBK

Reaction Score
I agree with the Azzi & Caroline point you make. But I don't see anything in your assessment that addresses the rebounding issue, which is where SC kills the Huskies. If they can't figure that out they will have a hard time beating
I believe three things need to happen to beat SC.
1) Aubrey plays her A game and is all over the place - athletically
2) Azzi is scoring ( 20) with the other starters meeting their season averages
3) Dorka/ Edwards somehow keeps Cardoza and Boston off the offensive glass
Rebounding. Bring Tina Charles in for a week after the BET
We were home last time and they will have the advantage next game.
There is a reason they are undefeated and played a good schedule. They will be hard to beat.

Reaction Score
If I understand your post you say let the facts tell the story, but then you use pure conjecture to say she would be a footnote if or PB played. You can’t have it both ways!!!
100% correct SE

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree with the Azzi & Caroline point you make. But I don't see anything in your assessment that addresses the rebounding issue, which is where SC kills the Huskies. If they can't figure that out they will have a hard time beating SC.
If the Huskies make more shots because the offense is running more smoothly, there will be fewer rebounds up for grabs

Reaction Score
You have to be kidding, you talk facts and your proof is the 2 games against Uconn versus the rest of her season! I didn’t realize BE awards only took into account games against Uconn.
To top it off you talk about Fudd and Bueckers again prefaced by an ‘if” and try to couch that as fact.
Sorry, neither are even remotely in the realm of fact.

Reaction Score
Talk about going overboard! SC is undefeated. Has won 36 games in a row as a program. Is bigger and more athletic than UConn. Is devastating on the boards. Has incredible depth and a great coach! Has AA player and previous player of year. They are the only guaranteed lock to be a 1 seed. I am a UConn fan , but to say that SC pales in comparison to our team is just flat out silly! If you want your team to get respect, you need to give others respect.
You're really a South Carolina fan :cool:

Reaction Score
I actually saw a stat on ESPN that showed UConn was the second biggest team in the country, bigger than South Carolina. I'm not sure if it was in error but I don't think UConn's is gives up much height wise to South Carolina, or athleticism wise either if we are being honest. I THINK our starting 5 height might actually be taller than South Carolina's, evenly matched frontcourt (Aaliya-Dorka, Saxton-Edwards, Beal-Griffen, but then our guards have 2-3 inches on yours).

That said I do think South Carolina is better at the moment. IF Azzi is able to get into pre-season mode and Caroline returns to last seasons form in the next 2-3 weeks that might change, but thats a big, big IF that I would't bank on.

Reaction Score
SC plays a style of game that is very hard to beat, especially late in the Tourney when everyone is fatigued. As Geno said, to win a NC some luck is involved and needed.
Yep throw bricks up let all your bigs rebound and put up easy baskets .. and play solid defense

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I actually saw a stat on ESPN that showed UConn was the second biggest team in the country, bigger than South Carolina. I'm not sure if it was in error but I don't think UConn's is gives up much height wise to South Carolina, or athleticism wise either if we are being honest. I THINK our starting 5 height might actually be taller than South Carolina's, evenly matched frontcourt (Aaliya-Dorka, Saxton-Edwards, Beal-Griffen, but then our guards have 2-3 inches on yours).

That said I do think South Carolina is better at the moment. IF Azzi is able to get into pre-season mode and Caroline returns to last seasons form in the next 2-3 weeks that might change, but thats a big, big IF that I would't bank on.
UConn has big guards and wings.

Reaction Score
Plan on seeing Siegrist getting picks every time down the court to get Edwards off of her and open up her jump shot. Suspect Geno will implement a few tricks to anticipate this tactic and prevent her getting in rhythm.

Reaction Score
Plan on seeing Siegrist getting picks every time down the court to get Edwards off of her and open up her jump shot. Suspect Geno will implement a few tricks to anticipate this tactic and prevent her getting in rhythm.
One possibility would be to have Aubrey switch on Siegrist a lot. Two very different defenders. Aubrey can do it.

Reaction Score
This is probably the silliest post I have seen today. SC does not pale in comparison to UConn. Ridiculous
Urshurak- - Why is this "the sillest post you have seen all day"?
It's just MY opinion and last I heard I'm entitled to MY opinion!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom