It Is Scapegoat Time of Year. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It Is Scapegoat Time of Year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Matters not! If he failed the first time he gets a second chance to fix it. If he got us the natty well it's a no brainer.
Well, when you put it that way...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does having had your neck stretched once, in the very distant past really preclude them from ever again being a candidate? I don't know if this is true or merely something that has been repeated to the point where everyone assumes that it is true.

I do know that we need a candidate with the veritas and gravitas to actually improve our mojo.

I do not think that it is coincidental that we open in Albany (basically the backyard of the person in question).

If this is the best path we should pursue it.

th (2).jpg

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Fishy was already hanged. Rehanging the hanged is like reheating leftovers. You don’t feed the mojo reheated leftovers.
OK, first off, if someone was hanged and in that hanging failed to avail us of a banner, then chuck his worthless carcass into the pit and let's move on.

If, on the other hand, there is a hangee who delivered, then maybe there might be enough there for a second go around. A melding of the old hanging plus the new one.

Could be something there.

Like Tigris of Gaul from Gladiator, but with him beating Maximus, this time.

IDK, who were the hangers who brought banners, anyway.

I think there were 15 or 20 in the original lineup of the Duke 5, come on. Step up. Claim your accolades, win a chance at getting your neck stretched a second time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's why people have mentioned you as a candidate.

If you've got strength enough to throw people into volcanoes, use your strength for good, not vanity and clever quips about impossible things.

You might think you want to dispense with 98%. You might even want to. But you couldn't do actually do it, not even close.

You don't have the strength.
You don't have the volcano.
You don't have the transportation.
You don't even have the interest.

This is performative crankiness.
Are you taunting, campaigning, or wasting our time.
Do you even know?
At this point, are you more attuned to Connecticut College or the University of Connecticut?
Did you top out for 2023 with your scoop on Boeheim's last day as the Syracuse head coach?

Are you going to string us along, talk tough, not care, false start, undermine others, slap the image of an opposing coach on a scrotum, and spend the day of Round 1 drinking to honor the patron Saint of Ireland while poo-pooh the faithful and claiming that you are big but the pictures got smaller while you whinge about roster construction, looking forward to an amorphous victory lap that claims your foresight was rewarded for not wasting emotional energy on a flawed team, coach, whatever?

I was actually hanged already - I think 2004 or some year around there. Pretty sure it was the year after we hung deep and swami.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I was actually hanged already - I think 2004 or some year around there. Pretty sure it was the year after we hung deep and swami.
Thank you for our second ring.

Do you (or does anyone else) remember who we hanged in 2011 & 2014?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
0% of these toddlers will get the reference lol

Google it, toddlers!
We're not all that dumb. If I actually still had a laptop with a graphics program, I'd have put Tom's face over Abe Vigoda's in full Wapiti ceremonial garb. But I'm on a Chromebook

Really underrated comedy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
0% of these toddlers will get the reference lol

Google it, toddlers!
Meh, it was worth a passing smirk, and that largely based upon its obscurity. For what it’s worth, I like that movie.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Everyone knows you don't microwave fish in the office
Not everyone. A (briefly employed) member of my firm about eight years back did just that, overcooked it to boot.

The kitchen area smelled like (I'll be polite) for about five weeks.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yep, that's where I got hamstrung under traditional protocol, but we both acknowledge that some with less historical knowledge brought the topic up, and not without some sense of its applicability.

I've laid out elsewhere a plausible angle akin to point guard by committee.

I invite you and others to step down, step up, and step in, rather than contributing to the counterproductive contrarian clamor of the nattering nabobs of negativity. Any damn fool can do that. Heck, even I could. I want more, and I don't see a better path.

This team ranks very high in its assisted baskets ratio. Scoring can take a back seat. So long as points exceed those by the other team, we should do OK.

I don't care if ratings stunk or many many described it as a snooze fest, 2011's 53-41 result looked like a beautiful game to me. So did 2014's 60-54. Gotta go back 40 years to Lorenzo Charles to find a similarly respectable score.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I recall a classic Wizard of Id strip that may fit here (couldn't find it):

King: What did the spy say before he was hanged?
Rodney: I regret that I have one life to lose for my country
King: Dig him up and hang him again!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Can a person nominate themselves. I am certain I have offended the good old boy BY network, by pointing out that we don’t do well in close games. Also we are not particularly clutch. When you get your two best three point shooters four open looks at a three to win the game; percentages say one should have fell. I have been a UCONN BB fan since my first game that my dad brought me too in the old Field House with the leaky roof. But I remember Bobby Dulan who I think still holds the record for career FT %. Tony Hansen and Big Jon Thomas and they were easy to root for. Before the dream season and the comeback against Hofstra only to lose to a Rutgers team that had Phil Sellers. But this new crowd that likes to avoid being critical of their team in a forum that exists for the most part so fans can share their thoughts good, bad, indifferent or clueless. But don’t let me start getting negative because we need to surround our players with metaphorical pillows so we don’t damage their psyche. Bottom line this team needs to stand up put their big boy shoes on and believe with every fiber in their being that they are going to win each game that they are about to play in for the next three weeks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're not all that dumb. If I actually still had a laptop with a graphics program, I'd have put Tom's face over Abe Vigoda's in full Wapiti ceremonial garb. But I'm on a Chromebook

Really underrated comedy.

Absolutely was.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bumping this up to the top

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom