It Is Scapegoat Time of Year. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It Is Scapegoat Time of Year.

Reaction Score
Maybe the trials have become the bad mojo. Hasn't worked in ten years. Funny at one time, they've become a sad attempt to hang onto the past.

And for those who are trying to turn this into a thread about posters they hate, stop.

Here's a mojo idea: Fundraiser until the first loss for Bleeding Blue for Good. Y'all raised money for Calhoun when he retired, and they won the next year. Raised money for Kieth in Sept, and they won 14 in a row. Raised money for a van for BocaDoug in '99, and we know how that worked out.

Bleeding Blue for Good. this is a non-profit donor funded collective that raises funds to compensate athletes who provide services and/or their name, image and likeness to charitable causes (with a focus on community-based charities primarily in Connecticut). Please see https://bleedingblueforgood.org for additional info as well as a link to donate.
I like the idea of fronting a charitable mojo force while we're casually hanging the casual fans in the background.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I posted a link to this thread that use the title “hanging nominations” and ended up, predictable, in hindsight, getting a bunch of nominations there. I was just gonna quote them all and post them here but somehow the quote function is down. So I will copy and bring them over so we can have the nominees in one thread.

1678640959579.png

@August_West

Reaction Score
I posted a link to this thread that use the title “hanging nominations” and ended up, predictable, in hindsight, getting a bunch of nominations there. I was just gonna quote them all and post them here but somehow the quote function is down. So I will copy and bring them over so we can have the nominees in one thread.

View attachment 84996
@August_West
Sounds like someone who just needs to be found and have their ass stomped

@August_West what did you do? You’ve always struck me as one of the last people to settle fools in public

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
This was cringy then. And it’s still cringy now.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'd throw 98% of you in a volcano.
That's why people have mentioned you as a candidate.

If you've got strength enough to throw people into volcanoes, use your strength for good, not vanity and clever quips about impossible things.

You might think you want to dispense with 98%. You might even want to. But you couldn't do actually do it, not even close.

You don't have the strength.
You don't have the volcano.
You don't have the transportation.
You don't even have the interest.

This is performative crankiness.
Are you taunting, campaigning, or wasting our time.
Do you even know?
At this point, are you more attuned to Connecticut College or the University of Connecticut?
Did you top out for 2023 with your scoop on Boeheim's last day as the Syracuse head coach?

Are you going to string us along, talk tough, not care, false start, undermine others, slap the image of an opposing coach on a scrotum, and spend the day of Round 1 drinking to honor the patron Saint of Ireland while poo-pooh the faithful and claiming that you are big but the pictures got smaller while you whinge about roster construction, looking forward to an amorphous victory lap that claims your foresight was rewarded for not wasting emotional energy on a flawed team, coach, whatever?

Reaction Score
That's why people have mentioned you as a candidate.

If you've got strength enough to throw people into volcanoes, use your strength for good, not vanity and clever quips about impossible things.

You might think you want to dispense with 98%. You might even want to. But you couldn't do actually do it, not even close.

You don't have the strength.
You don't have the volcano.
You don't have the transportation.
You don't even have the interest.

This is performative crankiness.
Are you taunting, campaigning, or wasting our time.
Do you even know?
At this point, are you more attuned to Connecticut College or the University of Connecticut?
Did you top out for 2023 with your scoop on Boeheim's last day as the Syracuse head coach?

Are you going to string us along, talk tough, not care, false start, undermine others, slap the image of an opposing coach on a scrotum, and spend the day of Round 1 drinking to honor the patron Saint of Ireland while poo-pooh the faithful and claiming that you are big but the pictures got smaller while you whinge about roster construction, looking forward to an amorphous victory lap that claims your foresight was rewarded for not wasting emotional energy on a flawed team, coach, whatever?
After that rant, it has to be Hans.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Either way, I stand ready to serve unambiguously in favor of the success of University of Connecticut basketball for the entirety of the NCAA Tournament and beyond.

That some might find it a hangable offense dismays me more than it would surprise me. That in itself dismays me.

Maybe a pinned two-choice Poll with posters' votes prior to each game would be helpful for this forum. For example:

Who are you rooting for on Friday?

UConn Huskies
Iona Gaels

I am rooting for the UConn Huskies.
I am cheering for the success of Head Coach Dan Hurley.
I am in favor of every coach, player, staff member, and fan bringing their best efforts & outcomes to this year's post-season.
And yes, I have corresponding wishes for the success of the UConn Women's Basketball team as well.

That's what I'm here for...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I started the Limerick thread and if I'm going to be hung so be it. I enjoy limericks and thought others might too. I got enough negative feedback and it wasn't worth it to continue. I don't care for the Haiku so I thought the Limerick form might be enjoyable to some. Even though I don't like the haiku thread I would never call for its originator to be hung. I simply don't read it. If there is a recurring thread that you don't like don't click on it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
After that rant, it has to be Hans.
I know every poster will consider himself one of the 2% but my thinking is the gauntlet has been thrown. The 98% need to rise up and hang Fishy. He's never been posited as a candidate but he's now gone beyond the pale in calling out this number of members of the Boneyard!

Gone are the days when he would personally threaten to throat punch transgressors individually. Now he throws out some arbitrary put down number. This forum has definitely gotten out of hand and I blame that slacker shirking his responsibility as the number one reason for the mess this forum currently is in. And that mess is bad mojo.

Reaction Score
I know every poster will consider himself one of the 2% but my thinking is the gauntlet has been thrown. The 98% need to rise up and hang Fishy. He's never been posited as a candidate but he's now gone beyond the pale in calling out this number of members of the Boneyard!

Gone are the days when he would personally threaten to throat punch transgressors individually. Now he throws out some arbitrary put down number. This forum has definitely gotten out of hand and I blame that slacker shirking his responsibility as the number one reason for the mess this forum currently is in. And that mess is bad mojo.
He absolutely was hanged once back in the day. 2003 or 2004. He @ssb@nged the mojo so the mojo @ssb@nged him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Big difference between those two years, tzz. Any chance of tightening that up? It would effect my potential vote.
I don't remember which it was. I do think it was 2004, and the Okie Eric was 2003.
Matters not! If he failed the first time he gets a second chance to fix it. If he got us the natty well it's a no brainer.

I gave up on that slacker @Deepster. There still appears to be a pulse in Fishy. There are many new posters who have not observed Fishy in action. His wit is second to none. Had he continued it the limerick idea would never have come to fruition. Just too embarrassing by comparison.

Get the rope @prankster!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Fishy was already hanged. Rehanging the hanged is like reheating leftovers. You don’t feed the mojo reheated leftovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom