It’s official! Welcome back Jamelle!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It’s official! Welcome back Jamelle!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Words cannot begin to express how happy I am to read this news. Suffice it to say that short of a verbal commitment or two by some highly coveted recruits, this is the best news we could have received this week. Her value is in the dedication and experience she brings back with her. Her love for the program and staff is unquestioned. Look at the influence she had on the team since her return mid-season.

Jamelle Elliott named permanent assistant coach for UConn women

She’s a great teacher, she’s a great communicator, she's a great recruiter. A lot of great things have happened to our program recently, but this is right up there. The program will benefit exponentially with Jemelle on staff.

I think she'll be a lot happier here than she ever was at Cincinnati. Her season there was over. Being happy in whatever stage of life we are at means something. Returning with 9 years of head coaching experience only adds to her value.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fantastic news!!!!! Now starts the march to the 2021 Championship to seal the deal for Jamelle to stay for a long time....

I would think her deal would be multiyear?

Reaction Score
For a time Jamelle let it be known that she was headed in a different direction, but then she was the good soldier and answered the call - still temporary however. I'm guessing that being on the coaching staff washed away the bitter taste left by Cinci's AD and allowed her to reflect and then re-embrace her passion for coaching. She joins the most seasoned staff in Div I. I'm delighted.
Thank you for mentioning that RockyM. Cinci puts most of their marbles into the men's basketball and football team. They are jumping through hoops to get into a Power 5 conference but that is not going to happen. Jamelle, regardless of the record while she was there, improved the team while having a very tight budget and not a heck of a lot of backing. She was hampered from recruiting nationally and if you are unable to do that in todays game you're dead in the water.

Reaction Score
Shea followed by Carla. OR an outside chance of an outsider.
Stamford, I don't think that Shea would want the job. There are too many politics involved and her mind and heart are on the court. A few years ago people would have given you a weird look if you said Carla but she has proven herself to be more than capable and she is a member of the family. I believe in my heart that Geno is going to be the coach for at least the next five years so by that time things might become a little clearer.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I love it!! Watch out now!! Looking forward to watching the Ladies under Coaches Geno, C.D., Shae and Jamelle!!!
Don't mean this in a mean way @Shorty Dee, but there are no Ladies on the Huskies. Traditionally use of the term is anathema.

Reaction Score
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Reaction Score
I think Shea will want to be Head Coach and she will get it.

Reaction Score
Your comment reminded me of this snip on youtube - woman rages over not being offered an extra McRib... Pretty funny. I think she's from Tennessee! :p

OMG - ROFLMFAO! That's so funny. Anyone who went by this and didn't watch it because you "didn't have time", do yourself a favor and just do it (very short, but beware bad language). Definitely a Stanford Tennessee grad, BTW

Reaction Score
Well, they offered her but until she returns the signed letter of commitment it's all up in the air.
The key question is what she wants to achieve and what is in her best interests. Love having her at UConn but would prefer not seeing someone come in for a year or two then leave. While I read all the posts about helping ONO, my preference is to have an Assistant who excels at recruiting as her #1 skill set. I have always thoughts that as with all other parts of the Geno process, that he counts on his assistants to drive recruiting - not something only Geno does. Others more knowledgeable than me can comment on how Jamelle meets this need.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In case you don't know/recall this from Pursuit of Perfection:

Reaction Score
Stamford, I don't think that Shea would want the job. There are too many politics involved and her mind and heart are on the court. A few years ago people would have given you a weird look if you said Carla but she has proven herself to be more than capable and she is a member of the family. I believe in my heart that Geno is going to be the coach for at least the next five years so by that time things might become a little clearer.
And what about Jen?

Reaction Score
The key question is what she wants to achieve and what is in her best interests. Love having her at UConn but would prefer not seeing someone come in for a year or two then leave. While I read all the posts about helping ONO, my preference is to have an Assistant who excels at recruiting as her #1 skill set. I have always thoughts that as with all other parts of the Geno process, that he counts on his assistants to drive recruiting - not something only Geno does. Others more knowledgeable than me can comment on how Jamelle meets this need.
I get the feeling since he has stepped back from the national team that he is now leading more of the recruiting.

Reaction Score
Your comment reminded me of this snip on youtube - woman rages over not being offered an extra McRib... Pretty funny. I think she's from Tennessee! :p

Omigosh Eric, that is going into my top ten of all times. That has to be in real time because the greatest actress in the world couldn't play that part. I think that when she finished her McRib she probably went into Walmart.

Reaction Score
And what about Jen?
Hmmmm. Maybe a few years ago but I'm not sure she has the same passion for the game as when she was younger. I think, MS, that the program is in a place where the most important requirement for a future coach is that they be strong recruiters. Shea or Jamelle can go out to the houses but it is Geno they come to play for.

Reaction Score
Why does Geno's replacement have to be someone from the family? How often does that work out?
A great point Hoopsfan. And does it have to be a female to replace him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom