It’s official - Ayanna out for the season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It’s official - Ayanna out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm like others in wondering why they didn't fix it right after last season. This surgery has a pretty quick recovery and she might have missed the summer circuit but certainly would have been ready for the new season. I have a feeling that Caroline is evaluating her future too. Having seen first hand what a serious head injury can do to an athlete I would certainly err on the side of caution.
The most prudent approach is to exhaust all non surgical options prior to going under the knife.

Reaction Score
If I was in charge, someone would take the fall for all of the injuries. I would have held out begrudgingly until this year when we had a lot of injuries again. It may not be fair, but something needs to change. I find it hard to believe we’ve had this much bad luck and I’m not gonna say how, but there’s one BIG way this is hurting us and it’s not losing games. You can’t keep doing the same thing and having the same results and saying everything is ok because it’s not and it’s doing damage that the program under Geno may never recover from. Someone has to make the hard decision.
Nobody (from the BY) seem to have stepped forward to take the fall and fall on their sword. Maybe there's a different, less drastic way.

Reaction Score
OK, here's a post likely to get deleted. It might come off as sexist, but I'm a huge UConn WBB fan (wanted to say that before I get a time out). News flash: boys are different than girls. For the last 20+ years girls have been pushed, trained, and played year round just as hard, or maybe even harder than the guys. This needs to be thought out, not in college but starting around the 6th grade, or so. It has to be recognized that girls, on average and in general, are more susceptible to injuries, especially knee injuries, and coach and train them accordingly. They are not guys and never will be. Girls should not be pushed, trained, and played year round like guys. Even some guys can't handle that.

Here's my opinion. Young girls need to be carefully managed and coached through high school hopefully injury free. Allowing them to grow into mature women and stronger women in college. Pushing too early does them a huge disservice.

OK, start the rock throwing (if I'm still here).
I expect idiocy like this on the Vols board, not here.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ayanna. Ayanna...who is this Ayanna person?
Book Looking GIF by GritTV

Reaction Score
I expect idiocy like this on the Vols board, not here.
Glad you can inject your intelligence and vision into this thread. Keep up the good work. Merry Christmas.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I acknowledge your theory, along with any others that have been posted. Well, as far as changing training tactics, not gonna happen. The are being treated as athletes, and as far as I know, nobody has come up with methods that can prevent some injuries. ACLs can happen during a game, or just shooting in practice. The only way to prevent these injuries from not happening is not playing at all. The trainers just do the best they can based on past training methods to get them stronger. As far as specific injuries, nothing can prevent freak injuries, so the girls just have to play the best they can and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom