It’s hard to be that unprepared for a game. | Page 11 | The Boneyard

It’s hard to be that unprepared for a game.

Reaction Score
When you build up a boatload of equity, "it happens." If you have no equity, you can't lose to #12 in round 1.

Equity is having a talented roster and having more talent on the way. Hurley has plenty of equity especially in a time when every player is a free agent at the end of each season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't want him gone anyway. He's a good coach and he will fix this.

0 - 2 in the tournament as our coach is not a big enough sample size to come to the conclusion that he can't win here.
Interesting … the buyout aside (because we wouldn’t be in these financial handcuffs if the administration didn’t try to shaft a NC winning coach gone south on some ridiculous pretense)…. What would be an acceptable sample size?

This is year 4 and he’s 0-2. He does have an interesting asterisk because his 2nd team was his best and COVID botched it.

What if he was 1-4 in year 6? Or does he need to coach for 7 full seasons. Then he goes to the sweet 16. Is that ok?

You can crowdfund basically anything these days. I’ve seen 506(c) deals of $20M raised on Clubhouse. Let the Boneyard stir up interest haha.

Reaction Score
I mean this sincerely, I (and the overwhelming majority of us) have been patient since 2016... how much more patience can we reasonably expect from this fan base.

Is this serious or sarcasm? You know a five seed from the Big Ten lost today that has never won a national championship. You want some kind of kudos because you’ve been patient since 2016?

Reaction Score
DH will learn and assemble better teams going forward. Was loyal to a fault, now needs to get best players on the court he can

Reaction Score
Is this serious or sarcasm? You know a five seed from the Big Ten lost today that has never won a national championship. You want some kind of kudos because you’ve been patient since 2016?
Yup, especially when it was 2019 when Hurley completed his first year. The yard sometimes, SMH.

Reaction Score
Let’s not pretend Calhoun and Hurley are starting with the same program
I hate when people make that stupid comparison. UConn was an abysmal job/program when JC took over. DH took over a program 3 years removed from a NC and with more NCs over the last 20 years than any school in the country with impeccable facilities. Please.

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue… some of you need to learn to tolerate things that can take a long time.

I appreciate our ability to climb back into relevance while knowing well there are areas for improvement.
4-5 years usually...we are improving each year...in the top 25 most of the year for the first time in ages. Just need to Crack that ncaa tourney win bubble. If that doesn't happen next year, we need to cut ties.

Reaction Score
By the way can you imagine Calhoun in the days if a portal? He would Have “suggested” three kids a year find more fruitful work elsewhere and then reloaded every year and probably won another 1-3 rings.

Reaction Score
You know UConn, as in 4 time national champion UConn, hasn't won a single NCAA tournament game in 6 years?

is your post sarcasm?
AAC and Covid had big assists. Program in a good spot if give it some time.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Just give him a kudo.

Reaction Score
That kind of equity and $3.00 will get you a ride on the staten island fferry.

Nope, sorry you're wrong. Having talent and more talent on the way and being known as a good recruiter gets a coach plenty of equity. Nobody wins without the ability to recruit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Play of the game was when Akok actively sought out the three point line so he could put his toe on it and take a point off the board.

I guess one benefit of the season ending is no more Polley takes from you.
Akok was better than polley today.

Reaction Score
AAC and Covid had big assists. Program in a good spot if give it some time.
Fair point but its completely reasonable to be upset with the lack of success we've had. its been a 6 years since we won a game in the tournament and 8 since we made a run. That's the longest dry spell in my lifetime and I imagine the majority of this boards.

Reaction Score
I had to stop when you said GOING to the tournament is all that matters. This isn’t Rutgers, our standards are much higher here. Losing in the first round 2 years in a row, especially as the higher seeded team, ain’t gonna cut it. Did you see when they flashed our record as the higher seeded team in the 1st round pre Hurley?? I think it was 15-1 or something like that. So no, just getting to the NCAA is not good enough

Please

You guys are all fired up I get it and blah blah we won some ships we have higher expectations here blah blah. Remember 3 years ago when we hadn't been to a dance in like 3 years and we were in the AAC and our life sucked and our program was dead? Now look where we are and just chill out a bit.

We come into Big East with a big of a weird roster, some real missing pieces, and still truck our way to a couple top 4 finishes and two trips to the big dance.

Seed last year w/ Bouk? 7

Seed this year w/o Bouk but a more solid overall team? 5

Are the results in the tourney great? no.

Do I think Hurley has work to do with roster mgmt, recruiting prioritization, and personal development(in game coaching, etc) Yes definitely

But the trend is still good overall with a couple duds here and there.

Look either we are looking back in 3 years as a 1 or 2 seed going wow glad danny made some changes and matured a bit and recruited more playmakers, or we have a new coach.

But I think overall this year was fine.

Reaction Score
Am I pissed? Yes. Do I think Hurley should be fired? No. Do I think Hurley needs to improve on the offensive end? Yes. Is this team lacking in players who can create shots for themselves? Yes.

We need some playmakers. Hopefully we get that next year with Sool, CFJ, Hawkins, and Karaban.

Tremendous playmaker coming in 2023 with Castle, but we’ve got to find some offense next year.

Reaction Score
Nope, sorry you're wrong. Having talent and more talent on the way and being known as a good recruiter gets a coach plenty of equity. Nobody wins without the ability to recruit.
If only Hurley had Chris Jans kind of equity because he won today. The only thing that builds equity is winning. Otherwise it's all just hot air.

Reaction Score
I mean this sincerely, I (and the overwhelming majority of us) have been patient since 2016... how much more patience can we reasonably expect from this fan base.
This is what a rebuild is suppose to look like.

We were ranked for a majority of the season and received the highest seed since 2010-2011 and went to the tournament back-to-back seasons in the first time in 10 years. This is Danny’s 4th year at UConn and 1 of those 4 years there wasn’t a tournament.

We are back to relevance which is something you need to consider since we were a joke prior to him being here.

Stop getting emotionally tied down after a loss and be patient with the rebuild process.

Reaction Score
He take stu
Give this squad to any number of other coaches in the BE let alone the country and we have a far better result this season.

I get the feeling that Hurley thinks this was a 4-5 year rebuild or that is what he and the administration settled on? He has constantly spoken about how much the team stunk and the state of the program when he got here. He is content with the progress, focusing on identity of our play, restoring our identity, etc. all of which is important but I don’t sense the urgency from him which conflicts with what our fanbase wants. He is saying just wait until
I get a fuller roster with all the tools (how often has he spoken about missing a scoring wing this season?) and then see what I can do?

What bothers me most about DH are (1) you can’t take the long view on the program, you must adjust and squeeze every ounce out of your roster you can for the now and you can live with the results, and (2) in big games/moments he gets tight and his team plays tight almost all the time, and (3) he is stubborn and seems to refuse to make adjustments.
He should take his stubbornness to the other stubborn hall of famers and accept his padawan training. Benedict should demand intense training by daddy Hurley geno and jc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom