It’s all my fault | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It’s all my fault

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Back when I was a youngster, if we had a penny and we were near the train tracks when a freight train was coming, we would sacrifice the candy that penny would have bought and put the penny on the track for the train to squish. Nothing cooler than having that squished oval piece of copper to show around the playground. Note: I stopped the practice when one day after placing the penny on the track a railroad worker (his job was to hold a stop sign at an un-signaled intersection) told me I was committing a federal offense and could go to jail.

Hey, I was 8 years old and impressionable. Anyway, that's the only penny story I have.
1553640113342.png

"Oh come on! It was just a freaking penny!"​

Reaction Score
Every single time I pick up a “lucky penny”. Something bad happens. Seriously, no lie. Last week I picked one up and later turned my ankle so badly I had to get X-rays. The time before, I lot a key.

Yesterday, I, the eternal optimist, picked up a penny I found and then the UConn team threw a stinker. My fault. No more pennies, I promise
First we assign the blame, then write the narrative. Did you jump the shark?

Reaction Score
The simple solution is to pick up the lucky penny and then give it away: A tip jar, a handout, or simply leave it somewhere where someone else may find it. Your generosity will add further luck.

Giving a penny as a tip or handout will not, methinks, increase your good karma. In fact, it could kill you, in these times.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Giving a penny as a tip or handout will not, methinks, increase your good karma. In fact, it could kill you, in these times.
Leave it in a tip jar and no one will know how much you put in. Give it away as part of a larger handout and you've solved you problem.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Every single time I pick up a “lucky penny”. Something bad happens. Seriously, no lie. Last week I picked one up and later turned my ankle so badly I had to get X-rays. The time before, I lot a key.

Yesterday, I, the eternal optimist, picked up a penny I found and then the UConn team threw a stinker. My fault. No more pennies, I promise
No blame. After all, nobody's perfect. Except for the 1995, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2014 and 2016 Huskies, of course.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That infers one may bend that far without falling over ---remember Energy cannot either be created or destroyed. If true, what's the point of expending unnecessary energy?
My musculature only has so many bend left.
Thanks @jaundicedeye for the "out" (last sentence from above)
I do not think that the law of conservation of energy applies here ,B'way. It is an equation , and so if your energy has decreased, and the speed of light is constant, then your mass must also have decreased. I am willing to bet against that. Perhaps you can use the "in a closed system" clause as your 'out';)

Reaction Score
I do not think that the law of conservation of energy applies here ,B'way. It is an equation , and so if your energy has decreased, and the speed of light is constant, then your mass must also have decreased. I am willing to bet against that. Perhaps you can use the "in a closed system" clause as your 'out';)
While the old law of Conservation of Energy, E equals MC squared seems to apply they have been updated to include old farts (no I'm not a cow). The first law is now divided by 2 and the second needs glasses. The equation is no longer equal, by PC standards the left side has more power. I am of course relating this to new math structuring.

Reaction Score
While the old law of Conservation of Energy, E equals MC squared seems to apply they have been updated to include old farts (no I'm not a cow). The first law is now divided by 2 and the second needs glasses. The equation is no longer equal, by PC standards the left side has more power. I am of course relating this to new math structuring.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Boy have you got it wrong. We've entered the age of the flat earther where 4 of every millennial believes all these laws are unsubstantiated. Today it's the preponderance of M(mass)= E divided by the speed of I(information) squared. Many also don't believe F = M x A. The honestly believe A = M x no one really knows.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There goes my "Well, the human heart has only so many heart beats so more exercise only shortens your lifetime argument" :(

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Dang-Rocky! I don't always start SILLY threads some are just incomprehensible, there is a difference you know!!!!

Having a sense of humor about yourself has got to be one of the most important human characteristics.
At least that's my 5 cents worth.

Reaction Score
Having a sense of humor about yourself has got to be one of the most important human characteristics.
At least that's my 5 cents worth.
The above was MY 2 cents worth. You must be using the inflation 2 cents. Thanks

Reaction Score
There goes my "Well, the human heart has only so many heart beats so more exercise only shortens your lifetime argument" :(
Don't give up on THAT argument. Plants, and animals have built in clocks (i.e. heart beats)
That has been established. I belong to the clock is set the day you are born, circumstances may modify that and cut the clock short. Wear the skin well and it will allow the alarm to ring natuarally.

Reaction Score

Maybe Geno's "beard" (or whatever we want to call it) had some effect as well.

Reaction Score
Boy have you got it wrong. We've entered the age of the flat earther where 4 of every millennial believes all these laws are unsubstantiated. Today it's the preponderance of M(mass)= E divided by the speed of I(information) squared. Many also don't believe F = M x A. The honestly believe A = M x no one really knows.
Sorry, but the Earth is flat. I traveled by ship for many thousands of miles and never saw anything beyond the horizon. The problem is someone kept moving the horizon so obviously the Earth is flat. I prefer the mass increases as we approach the speed of light--that way I can tell my wife --I'm really moving fast, I'm not fat.
Other posters know I don't join in the : The current kids are : (use any phrase--terrible, stupid, uneducated, lazy gum chewing jitterbuging worthless (the Greatest Gen was call as teens) --Remember the leaders we have worshiped from the past too was so evaluated as teens or young adults. It all works out before the end. I'm damn proud of the kids of the last 60 or so years, they did what they had to do. The greatest number of Scientist that ever lived are alive TODAY.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Sorry, but the Earth is flat. I traveled by ship for many thousands of miles and never saw anything beyond the horizon. The problem is someone kept moving the horizon so obviously the Earth is flat. I prefer the mass increases as we approach the speed of light--that way I can tell my wife --I'm really moving fast, I'm not fat.
Other posters know I don't join in the : The current kids are : (use any phrase--terrible, stupid, uneducated, lazy gum chewing jitterbuging worthless (the Greatest Gen was call as teens) --Remember the leaders we have worshiped from the past too was so evaluated as teens or young adults. It all works out before the end. I'm damn proud of the kids of the last 60 or so years, they did what they had to do. The greatest number of Scientist that ever lived are alive TODAY.
Yeah, and the overwhelming majority of those scientists come from other countries where the educational system is ranked above ours, which is currently 27th. Is it any wonder that China is going to the moon while the overwhelming majority of millennials don't believe the moon landing ever hapened?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

All that time at sea and never a hull down sighting?

Reaction Score
Yeah, and the overwhelming majority of those scientists come from other countries where the educational system is ranked above ours, which is currently 27th. Is it any wonder that China is going to the moon while the overwhelming majority of millennials don't believe the moon landing ever hapened?
You are a great, nice, decent, intelligent person, I know. However, I suggest the Chinese have taken that which the USA scientists developed and maybe enhanced it or modified it. Why does China and Russia spend so much time tapping our tech systems? There must be gold in them thar computers. If they were developing at home why tap USA?
A.I. has a long history at MIT, the Germans of 1940's developed the intercontinental missiles but American's put it on the moon. Medicine and medical advances make us the go to country for medical out breaks/procedures. I only know a hand ful of Millenials and 2 of them are mine--PHD in Geology and a US Navy aviator, his sister is a Washington St grad in nursing. I'd take that in any generation.

JordyG

Reaction Score
You are a great, nice, decent, intelligent person, I know. However, I suggest the Chinese have taken that which the USA scientists developed and maybe enhanced it or modified it. Why does China and Russia spend so much time tapping our tech systems? There must be gold in them thar computers. If they were developing at home why tap USA?
A.I. has a long history at MIT, the Germans of 1940's developed the intercontinental missiles but American's put it on the moon. Medicine and medical advances make us the go to country for medical out breaks/procedures. I only know a hand ful of Millenials and 2 of them are mine--PHD in Geology and a US Navy aviator, his sister is a Washington St grad in nursing. I'd take that in any generation.
I'd take that as well. But in order for this country to return to the Moon or go to Mars people, meaning this coming generation, have to believe past is prologue. They have to believe it's possible since much of the work has been done before. I have the great and infuriating pleasure of speaking to many millennials and post millennials during the course of my day. Now 6 out of four means indeed the glass is more than half full, but 4 out of 10 seem to confuse skepticism with critical thinking. So many seem to believe that because you have a YouTube channel that makes you and authority, and that fact checking is either negativism or succumbing to what "they" want you to believe. So please don't bring your facts and critical thinking to our college campus unless you enjoy being shouted down.

And I think I'm hijacking this post. I apologize.

Reaction Score
I'm glad we are rid of all those silly OT threads started by what's his name. :rolleyes:
Hey Rocky Spring has arrived in Virginia. The Forsythia, Daffodils, plum trees are blooming. The peach, pear, apple, and maple trees are budding. The tulips are up by 8 inches, along with the "naked ladies" (I have no idea of their technical name) and the grass ( unfortunately) is getting greener. On a trip last week to Tenn all kinds of trees and flowers were flowering . Temps this weekend 65 to 74 near perfect weather to work outside.

Reaction Score
I'd take that as well. But in order for this country to return to the Moon or go to Mars people, meaning this coming generation, have to believe past is prologue. They have to believe it's possible since much of the work has been done before. I have the great and infuriating pleasure of speaking to many millennials and post millennials during the course of my day. Now 6 out of four means indeed the glass is more than half full, but 4 out of 10 seem to confuse skepticism with critical thinking. So many seem to believe that because you have a YouTube channel that makes you and authority, and that fact checking is either negativism or succumbing to what "they" want you to believe. So please don't bring your facts and critical thinking to our college campus unless you enjoy being shouted down.

And I think I'm hijacking this post. I apologize.
I accept your views. I had a bro in law long before age 94 was an expert by usurping other's thoughs, and had real knowledge on nothing--not much different than you view of millennial

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom