Ishmael El-Amin | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ishmael El-Amin

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Seems like a average athlete for a listed 6'3" high school wing...he doesn't appear to play point guard at all.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Seems like a average athlete for a listed 6'3" high school wing...he doesn't appear to play point guard at all.
Agree. Hard to tell from just few videos but he looks more like a 2 to me.

Reaction Score
El-Amin just received an offer from University of Wisconsin Green-Bay per his Twitter page. His 4th offer

Reaction Score
Wherever Ishmael lands, I sincerely wish him the best. This may sound crazy, but I truly credit his father for getting us to the promised land. Kahlid was the piece we needed. I told friends at that time that he was a 'child of the basketball gods and he would lead us to a national championship."

I would never take a stock tip from me and I am rarely right about too much in life ...but I had epiphany moments (and I am Jewish) about two UConn basketball events: the day we hired Jim Calhoun and the day we signed Kahlid. Both times I believed deeply those individuals were destined to win my alma mater a national championship. You can ask my wife (-:

I just never believed we could win four of them.

Reaction Score
Wherever Ishmael lands, I sincerely wish him the best. This may sound crazy, but I truly credit his father for getting us to the promised land. Kahlid was the piece we needed. I told friends at that time that he was a 'child of the basketball gods and he would lead us to a national championship."

I would never take a stock tip from me and I am rarely right about too much in life ...but I had epiphany moments (and I am Jewish) about two UConn basketball events: the day we hired Jim Calhoun and the day we signed Kahlid. Both times I believed deeply those individuals were destined to win my alma mater a national championship. You can ask my wife (-:

I just never believed we could win four of them.
You can make a really strong argument he's the biggest recruit in the history of UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
If he's good enough, I want him at UConn but man, why does he have to be I the same class as Waters.
Waters seems destined for Duke (at least verbally)... I think he is terrific - from what I have seen...plus he has got to be a winner.

caw

Reaction Score
Waters seems destined for Duke (at least verbally)... I think he is terrific - from what I have seen...plus he has got to be a winner.

Odd to quote someone from two years ago.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In their own time:

Corny Thompson
Chris Smith
Donyell Marshall
Rip Hamilton
Kahlid
KO getting Shabazz to stay

were all huge

Who will we be saying this about 10 years from now? DHam, JA, AG?
Everytime I think of Corny, I think that he really didn't improve under Dom Perno. I wonder what Calhoun would have done with him. Thompson and Mike McKay on the court at the same time on a Calhoun team? I suspect they would have done some damage in the post season.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I disagree. Without Khalid, Ricky is your point guard. Khalid came along because Ricky was so shaky while running the show in 96-97. The fact that Khalid, on his recruiting visit, became the team's leader speaks volumes to what that team of very talented, young players needed. We all would agree that Khalid has been a once-in-a-lifetime personality/leader. In my opinion, he is the reason we went from being a good team with a coach could not win the big one to being arguably the most successful basketball school of the past 25 years. We had had players like Rip before, we had guys like Freeman and Jake etc. We had never had a Khalid.
The Pitt game sealed my fate in 5th grade. I went from yelling at the TV when my family did to being a diehard in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom