Isaiah Wong OV Thursday (9/6) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Wong OV Thursday (9/6)

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Good sign. Miami must be nervous.
Can someone fill me in.... why is this a good sign? Was he supposed to visit Miami, but now it's been changed to a home visit?

I would typically think leaving an OV without a commitment to go meet with other schools is not a good thing...

Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in.... why is this a good sign? Was he supposed to visit Miami, but now it's been changed to a home visit?

Coaches will do impromptu home visits if they're afraid a kid will commit.

I doubt he comes here from what insiders have said. But the more pressure we can put on gaffney the better.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They wouldn't bring the whole staff for him to let them down. Probably scheduling their official visit.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'd be a little uneasy if I saw one of my primary recruits hanging with Jim Calhoun and Andre Drummond.

Exactly. The fact that they're at least worried shows that Hurley had an impactful OV. Nice work.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will agree the Chief stuff is just like something I would hear in middle school.

I saw Andre today at his old stomping grounds in Middletown with an entourage in black Chevy Suburbans

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-INGGG !!!!!!!!

Mrs. Lynette: Hello.

Frank Larranaga: Hello, Ms. Lynette. It's Coach Larranaga here in Miami. How are you?

Mrs. Lynette: Just fine coach. My little baby is almost home. I am blessed.

Frank Larranaga: Uh huh. Listen, I was hoping for a little impromptu visit tomorrow. Would love to talk to your son.

Mrs. Lynette: Well, I dunno. I have to work and...

Frank Larranaga: Not to worry, dinner is on me. I'll bring Arbys. You like Arbys? I like Arbys. Mmmmm Arbys.

Mrs. Lynette: Umm, okay. Around 6?

Frank Larranaga: Excellent. Yes, 6!! And one more thing? I would like to bring my entire staff with me!

Reaction Score
Miami visiting Wong has little to do with his UConn visit. Following a “quiet period,” the recruiting calendar’s “recruiting period” started yesterday. That’s when coaches can do their home visits. Wong is their priority, so they went to see him when they could to show him that, same as UConn with Bouknight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Miami visiting Wong has little to do with his UConn visit. Following a “quiet period,” the recruiting calendar’s “recruiting period” started yesterday. That’s when coaches can do their home visits. Wong is their priority, so they went to see him when they could to show him that, same as UConn with Bouknight.

Whoa whoa whoa. Back it up here with these "facts" and this "logic". You're like, totally screwing the vibe man.

C

Chief00

Just like Dre was "accidentally" in Michigan when you thought he was in CT?

Just trying to understand as a casual fan.

Ok - Chief was trying to get the Casual Fans, who I love , to read between the lines. Since that didn’t work, let me be blunt:

If it wasn’t “incidental” and “accidental” it would be an NCAA violation. Therefore, we will view it as incidental and accidental.

As for Dre, who by the way in 7/2011 Chief predicted would be attending UConn in 9/2011, changed his plans for a valid reason. That happens, not a big deal. We have caught up a few times since, which Chief no longer shares with this crew.

Reaction Score
Ok - Chief was trying to get the Casual Fans, who I love , to read between the lines. Since that didn’t work, let me be blunt:

If it wasn’t “incidental” and “accidental” it would be an NCAA violation. Therefore, we will view it as incidental and accidental.

As for Dre, who by the way in 7/2011 Chief predicted would be attending UConn in 9/2011, changed his plans for a valid reason. That happens, not a big deal. We have caught up a few times since, which Chief no longer shares with this crew.

Interesting, is this true that it has to be incidental? I always assumed on official visits that schools were allowed to intentionally bring in past alumni to help recruit, especially since it seems like it happens pretty much everywhere, where top recruits are meeting big name pros from that school.

Reaction Score

Did he change his plans before or after he texted you from Michigan to let you know he was in Storrs hanging out with some ladies?

Reaction Score
Interesting, is this true that it has to be incidental? I always assumed on official visits that schools were allowed to intentionally bring in past alumni to help recruit, especially since it seems like it happens pretty much everywhere, where top recruits are meeting big name pros from that school.

It’s not a recruiting violation, every major program does it. Now phone calls are a different story...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s not a recruiting violation, every major program does it.
Yep but every program jumps through the requisite hoops. Former athletes are technically boosters under NCAA rules. IIRC Pat Summitt had the SEC write a complaint about former UConn players interaction with recruits. No violation was found.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Men begin to shrink in height around age 35. You can expect to lose at least 2 inches in height.

I used to be 6-3, and stayed that height from age 17 to age 67. At 72, I'm still a hair under 6-2.
On the other hand, at 17, I weighed 168. At 66, I weighed 328. At 72, my weight fluctuates between 235 and 240. Still hoping to see 225 again before I croak.

pj

Reaction Score
I used to be 6-3, and stayed that height from age 17 to age 67. At 72, I'm still a hair under 6-2.
On the other hand, at 17, I weighed 168. At 66, I weighed 328. At 72, my weight fluctuates between 235 and 240. Still hoping to see 225 again before I croak.

People generally lose weight before they die, so you're likely to get your wish. Be careful what you wish for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom