Isaiah Whaley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley

Reaction Score
Energy and Effort. Heart. The will to win. This kid wants it. He is the type of glue player all of the great teams of the past had. He's finally coming into his own and putting it all together. We saw it first on the defensive end. He's finding himself in the right place at the right time on the offensive end through instinct and effort. He's got a relentless motor. Love to see it!
I keep saying he has the frame and motor to play Rodman’s game.

Reaction Score
I keep saying he has the frame and motor to play Rodman’s game.
I just referred to him in my previous post as a Dennis Rodman type. Someone mentioned an ole fashioned PF. First thought was an undersized big that is High energy and effort ala Rodman.

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
The other stars tonight got their own threads so Whaley should too. What a great kid. Plays so hard, does whatever the team needs, really pushed himself this offseason so as to not let the program and his guys down. Excited for him to be a senior captain next year.
Yup. LOVE Whaley. Feel like he's the player on this team that represents knowing how to do HIS job. He seems like he's always having fun and worried about the team as a whole. So happy to see him have a game tonight. When he putback the missed Vital layup, I was out of my seat fist pumping.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
This is not a freak event anymore guys. Pork chop is for real. He can do it to any opponent.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Like him at the 4 way more than at the 5. Crashing the boards, flashing to the middle in a zone, etc.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Another off-season of the same kind of dedication he showed after last season and he could be a real nice piece next year (not to say he hasn't become one this season).
He’s a decent foul shooter. If he could translate that into a consistent 10-12 foot jumper, he’d be a good two way threat beyond put backs and an occasional lay in. Easy player to root for and why not every recruit needs to be NBA material. Good college player is good enough.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Since Tyler Phommachanh went out and Whaley/Bouk started playing more minutes we have become a pretty good rebounding team. Hasn’t always translated to wins but the fact remains we can rebound the ball now, something we haven’t been able to do for a few years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hi everyone. I have not commented for awhile but I read the boneyard everyday and never miss a game, even when I have to get up at 3am or watch on my phone because it is CBS ( I live in Holland for those who don’t know) I and my family are having some health issues so I have been very worried and preoccupied, just didn’t feel like I had anything worth saying. Anyhow, this thread is a good place to get back involved. I just want to say I am very impressed with Whaley’s progress. Shows me that we have good coaches and that hard work pays off. I’m happy with the direction the team is headed, to bad we had those close losses to ranked teams, I know, no moral victories. But not so long ago we would have got clobbered by these teams. Winning the conference tourney is not beyond reach

Reaction Score
Because he's undersized he's very mobile at the 5. Makes playing small ball better. I love the kids motor and desire to go for offensive rebounds and get easy deuces.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hi everyone. I have not commented for awhile but I read the boneyard everyday and never miss a game, even when I have to get up at 3am or watch on my phone because it is CBS ( I live in Holland for those who don’t know) I and my family are having some health issues so I have been very worried and preoccupied, just didn’t feel like I had anything worth saying. Anyhow, this thread is a good place to get back involved. I just want to say I am very impressed with Whaley’s progress. Shows me that we have good coaches and that hard work pays off. I’m happy with the direction the team is headed, to bad we had those close losses to ranked teams, I know, no moral victories. But not so long ago we would have got clobbered by these teams. Winning the conference tourney is not beyond reach
Welcome back.

Reaction Score
It's all about match ups for Whaley. He has a terrific motor. Great wingspan. And he knows where to be on the court. But he has trouble with larger, stronger players who simply overpower him. If Hurley puts him in the right situations, he can be a valuable contributor and headache for our opponents.

Reaction Score
Whaley had a low key double/double. He went out and did his job and did it well. When I saw his line after the game I was surprised. Thats the kinda 4 man I like. Scores on put backs and free throws, gets a pile of boards all kinda undercover. Total blue collar awesome game by Whaley.. Bravo

Reaction Score
Great to see Whaley become a valuable contributor. He has worked very hard and a game with 12 rebounds and 10 points shows how far he has come. Before the season, I don't think any of us would have expected a game like that out of him.

Reaction Score
Great to see Whaley become a valuable contributor. He has worked very hard and a game with 12 rebounds and 10 points shows how far he has come. Before the season, I don't think any of us would have expected a game like that out of him.
He did it against Houston too (13pts, 11reb). He's been on a roll the last few weeks. Solid against Memphis as well, 1 point and a few REB's shy of another double double. Last night was his second of the season and his second in the last 5 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom