Isaiah Whaley | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley

Reaction Score
The other stars tonight got their own threads so Whaley should too. What a great kid. Plays so hard, does whatever the team needs, really pushed himself this offseason so as to not let the program and his guys down. Excited for him to be a senior captain next year.

Reaction Score
Whaley is the only big on the roster that doesn't make me go "How could..." & "Ugh..." on a regular basis.

Him and Bouknight hitting the o-boards is huge for our pretty bad halfcourt offense.

He commits some fouls, but usually on tough contests or trying to make a play. Rarefy dumb or sloppy. He's got great awareness and quick instincts.

Needs to work on keeping his pivot foot down, and I'm glad he didn't take any "Popper" jump shots today. Those are the only things that do make me sigh a bit.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There was a general consensus on the board this offseason that Whaley just wasn’t capable of playing at this level. I saw effort, quickness, good timing, good hands, a nose for rebounds, a not at all awkward jump shot, and couldn’t understand why he languished on the bench all year. Many others saw a kid with no useful talent, better off in D3 ball.

Y’all were wrong.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mentioned in the chat he does a great job of getting out backs while still in the air for offensive rebounds.
Doesn't worry about coming down and collecting himself. Real good upper body control and hands while off the floor.

Reaction Score
The other stars tonight got their own threads so Whaley should too. What a great kid. Plays so hard, does whatever the team needs, really pushed himself this offseason so as to not let the program and his guys down. Excited for him to be a senior captain next year.
Last 5 games: Averaging about 8 pts and 7 boards. If he can keep that production up that will help the team tremendously heading into the latter part of the season

Reaction Score
Energy and Effort. Heart. The will to win. This kid wants it. He is the type of glue player all of the great teams of the past had. He's finally coming into his own and putting it all together. We saw it first on the defensive end. He's finding himself in the right place at the right time on the offensive end through instinct and effort. He's got a relentless motor. Love to see it!

Reaction Score
He really knows how to play Above The Rim
09ED8325-634B-4277-8672-2874A66FB361.jpeg

Reaction Score
Another off-season of the same kind of dedication he showed after last season and he could be a real nice piece next year (not to say he hasn't become one this season).

Reaction Score
Brings a lot of energy off the bench! Great bench guy! Keep it up Whaley

Reaction Score
There was a general consensus on the board this offseason that Whaley just wasn’t capable of playing at this level. I saw effort, quickness, good timing, good hands, a nose for rebounds, a not at all awkward jump shot, and couldn’t understand why he languished on the bench all year. Many others saw a kid with no useful talent, better off in D3 ball.

Y’all were wrong.
And drilling his free throws too

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Don’t feel like typing it again

Re: Gilbert... what was his ORtg last yr and previous yrs? This looked like the Gilbert I remember from previous seasons.

Whaley was active and looked good.

Bottom line here folks...when we make shots we win.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hoping he gets stronger for next year, might be a nice bench piece on our better team. Great game for him.

Reaction Score
Hoping he gets stronger for next year, might be a nice bench piece on our better team. Great game for him.

I don't want him to get bulky. Maybe some additional leg strength.

Reaction Score
Whaley showed signs of decent defensive skills and good athleticism as a freshman He appeared in 30 games and averaged 13.8 minutes , that surprisingly is just a bit more than Polley.
He averaged 2.2 rebounds and showed some defensive skill but didn’t have a clue where the basket was .
He was deep in Hurley’s doghouse last year for some reason playing in only 23 games but worse averaging about 3 minutes a game. That’s garbage minutes.
There was no wonder that the board speculated that Hurley would run him or he would transfer on his own.
Good for him he
took the challenge refused to transfer , instead worked hard on his game.
Probably the best story of the year and the kid deserves credit for doing the the work. The kid may turn into an ol fashioned PF.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't want him to get bulky. Maybe some additional leg strength.
His biggest issue is getting manhandled by bigger guys, as a center with a role limited to defense and rebounding, I think it would be beneficial for him to gain overall muscle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom