Isaiah Whaley Commits Tonight | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley Commits Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I for one am pretty optimistic with the frontcourt replacements.

Cobb, Whaley, Diarra, Carlton? I can live with it. I was so done with Brimah, absolutely loved Durham but it is what it is.
Give me Rooks and I'll be on board as well. Too many question marks in that group. Seems doubtful we land him, though. Need Carlton or Cobb to come on strong early. Just rebound the hell out of the damn ball.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't need any more centers, between Cobb, Carlton, Whaley, and Diarra, somebody will step up and claim playing time. If it's a young guy, the playing time will aid his development.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think Diarra is gonna exceed expectations, he just wants it more than the opposition. Fould trouble may be an issue with him, but if its because of hustle I don't mind one bit.
I hope that Mamadou's knees are feeling good and stay that way. He looks like he could be a force as a rebounder and I hope he is smart defender. I don't see him playing the 5 for too long against real centers if we run into some of those.

Reaction Score
I count 10 -> 1-2-4-3. What's the goal for this year via plans for next year?

Reaction Score
after reading some of his statements, I like the kid

talks about work, improvement & contributing, sound like our blue collar type player

Give me kids like this with steady improvement both as a player and a kid rather than the kids who can't admit they need to work on their game and just bail. He knows what he needs to do to be successful pointing to the trainer immediately as a key, others leave saying they didn't play enough but not once did we see the article on how committed they were to work on their weaknesses to be better for themselves and UConn.

Welcome aboard Isaiah, a breath of fresh air.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Give me kids like this with steady improvement both as a player and a kid rather than the kids who can't admit they need to work on their game and just bail. He knows what he needs to do to be successful pointing to the trainer immediately as a key, others leave saying they didn't play enough but not once did we see the article on how committed they were to work on their weaknesses to be better for themselves and UConn.

Welcome aboard Isaiah, a breath of fresh air.

Work on his body and strength building routines this year, then I want to see him in a big man's camp next summer.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I for one am pretty optimistic with the frontcourt replacements.

Cobb, Whaley, Diarra, Carlton?
20 fouls and likely 50 minutes between them...plenty of time for all to develop and show their skills!

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score

Hey that's my tweet...I'm BY famousssss

zL6WGWS.gif

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Everything that comes out about this kid screams the kind of player we want and the kind of player who has a chance to develop beyond his recruiting stars.

Had we kept MaL or gotten waters we'd barely be blinking amid all the chaos. Sure it wasn't always pretty, but I think we'll be ok with Whaley and diarra in particular.

Yes 2018 will b critical, especially if we have the losses some of you are expecting (as of right now neither Adams or larrier seems to be clearly NBA bound though based on draft stock...), but Ollie has pulled in a monster class before and if you get the guys to play like they can, this is a Tourney team and probably a single digit seed.

But yes it is not deep and one injury can put us in some hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom