Isaiah "Squirrel" Whaley appreciation thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah "Squirrel" Whaley appreciation thread

Reaction Score
So, a run through the AAC Tournament, plus Bouknight ROY, Whaley Most Improved, Vital POY, and a fond Senior Night-type of farewell from our assembled American conference mates as the trophy is presented, right?

I don't think so
Maybe? Just maybe? Lol

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He is proof that if you run to the front of the rim all game, you can get 8 and 4 easily. The part that is even better is they don't really dump the ball into him in the post. He gets all his points off of moving and intelligence.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Teams like UCF that try to play 4 out are asking to get beat by us. The way to beat us is to go big.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm surprised being in CT that Whaler never become one of his nicknames.

Reaction Score
Where does the Squirrel nickname come from?
My friends and I have season tickets to the XL Center. We saw him at the exhibition game there his freshman year. He was so active and erratic, and my buddy said he looks like a squirrel. And thus a nickname was born.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's almost like Calhoun level player development......

....which is just an amazing thing say about the program.

It’s a bit beyond that. It’s kind of like Steve Rogers going into that tank and coming out Captain America. since the late 70s I have never seen a guy go from what he was to what he’s been lately. It’s pretty unprecedented.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like "Killer"

images

Orca. The Big W

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Don't think it's hyperbolic to say that this is a stunning development. Seeing what this staff has done with Whaley makes me wish for a mulligan on every big that played for us 2012-2017.

Imagine Onuorah!

Reaction Score
My friends and I have season tickets to the XL Center. We saw him at the exhibition game there his freshman year. He was so active and erratic, and my buddy said he looks like a squirrel. And thus a nickname was born.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Isaiah and James give me crazy confidence in next year.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Squirrel is such a good nickname and Isaiah is such a player that should have a nickname. We have to go with it.

Reaction Score
At the game tonight and one of the most impressive / moving moments I have ever seen was post game on the court with the entire team surrounding IW. He in the middle ducking from the slaps and hugs of the entire team. Dan Hurley has not only developed individual players, he has in short time created a true family. This team is a joy to watch.
Leaving the court post game CV was signing autographs for fans leaning over the railing, took a couple of photos for them. Along came Dan and also acknowledged the fans with CV and more photo ops.
I remiss this is a IW thread and will stop here. What a fun team to watch again.

Reaction Score
By the way I’m not gonna toot my own horn too hard because I haven’t been right on Josh yet, but I saw the potential

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom