Isaiah "Squirrel" Whaley appreciation thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Isaiah "Squirrel" Whaley appreciation thread

Reaction Score
At the game tonight and one of the most impressive / moving moments I have ever seen was post game on the court with the entire team surrounding IW. He in the middle ducking from the slaps and hugs of the entire team. Dan Hurley has not only developed individual players, he has in short time created a true family. This team is a joy to watch.
Leaving the court post game CV was signing autographs for fans leaning over the railing, took a couple of photos for them. Along came Dan and also acknowledged the fans with CV and more photo ops.
I remiss this is a IW thread and will stop here. What a fun team to watch again.

My favorite part of that Whaley thing was Polley walking the line between being a part of it and protecting his torn up knee- happy for his guy, emotionally invested... but from a safe distance.

Reaction Score
For like 5 games now when I'm live texting with my die-hard crew of fans, there are numerous points during each game where all I can say is "F-word Whaley!", so that has become my nickname for him. He just continues to surprise and impress, the teams playing us must be like 'where was this in the game footage!?'.

Every time we need a bucket and the ball just ends up in his hands he somehow finds a way to get it up and in at like a 90% rate. Beyond that, he's making seemingly all of his FTs and of course does it all with a smile on his face and just wants to get out there run around and get to work. I'm so thrilled we get another year of F-word Whaley!

EDIT: is this site for children? the language filter is infuriating...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
For like 5 games now when I'm live texting with my die-hard crew of fans, there are numerous points during each game where all I can say is "F-word Whaley!", so that has become my nickname for him. He just continues to surprise and impress, the teams playing us must be like 'where was this in the game footage!?'.

Every time we need a bucket and the ball just ends up in his hands he somehow finds a way to get it up and in at like a 90% rate. Beyond that, he's making seemingly all of his FTs and of course does it all with a smile on his face and just wants to get out there run around and get to work. I'm so thrilled we get another year of F-word Whaley!

EDIT: is this site for children? the language filter is infuriating...
It's because we're worse than children that we have the filter.

In my live txting, I'm sending & receiving variations on the whale emoji, which cannot be used in Chat or within BY posts. There's no way that a nickname using any other animal works for me.

Reaction Score
I just can't wait unless he starts hitting from deep so we can call him 3Pac

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 93

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Squirrel is such a good nickname and Isaiah is such a player that should have a nickname. We have to go with it.
Meh. Although he does play he's got a big pair
1582814025376.png

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
I have never seen a guy improve so much in 1 year. I think he’s earned the starting center job for next year. He looks and plays like Dwight Howard

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I have never seen a guy improve so much in 1 year. I think he’s earned the starting center job for next year. He look and plays like Dwight Howard

It's a small group. Hilton Armstrong is in it. He went from 3.8 ppg 3.4 rpg 1.2 bpg as a JR to 9.7 ppg (61%) 6.6 rpg 3.1 bpg as a SR. If you'd told people at the end of his JR year that he'd be the #12 pick in the NBA draft, you'd have been institutionalized.

Reaction Score
Squirrel is such a good nickname and Isaiah is such a player that should have a nickname. We have to go with it.
Gotta drop 'squirrel' - too many bad definitions out therefore 'squirrel'.

Reaction Score
Don’t like the squirrel thing. Had to hear it 100 times from the guys sitting in front of me at XL last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom