Isaiah "Squirrel" Whaley appreciation thread | The Boneyard

Isaiah "Squirrel" Whaley appreciation thread

Reaction Score
He's getting better every game. Was by far the best player on the floor tonight. Some of those catches and passes were things we haven't seen from a big here in a long time, he didn't get rewarded with the assists but we all saw it. Blown away by the kid. Let's not push this squirrel nickname though.

Reaction Score
He's getting better every game. Was by far the best player on the floor tonight. Some of those catches and passes were things we haven't seen from a big here in a long time, he didn't get rewarded with the assists but we all saw it. Blown away by the kid. Let's not push this squirrel nickname though.
Well it's much more apt and catchy than Poppers!

Reaction Score
Props to the posters that said a couple of months ago that Whaley should be in the starting lineup along with getting a lot of minutes. I thought you were crazy at the time but boy did you hit the nail on the head.

He’s been one of the best players on the floor. You can see the confidence and I think his thinking is “ I belong here and I can do this”. This should bode well for his play the rest of the year and into the offseason.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the year if you had told me that Whaley would be a key factor to team success I would have thought you crazy ... now it's crazy to think that we can succeed without him. Way to put in the work and take an advantage of an opportunity. Now that's what being a Husky is all about. Love this story.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And doing all the winning things that stats don't show, his hard hedging is the best I can remember from one of our bigs. He's harassing the ballhandler and flying back down low to cover his man.
All of the above, and who is counting his assists?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And doing all the winning things that stats don't show, his hard hedging is the best I can remember from one of our bigs. He's harassing the ballhandler and flying back down low to cover his man.

Been keying on his high screen hedging and only other Husky big who was as effective as Whaley is Dan Cyrulik.

Reaction Score
Isaiah has been amazing. We can actually start counting on him to be a major major piece for us. What a nice surprise. If he continues to go nuts the rest of the year, don’t be surprised he gets most improved. I kno it might be a bit too late , but he’s killing it right now

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Isaiah has been amazing. We can actually start counting on him to be a major major piece for us. What a nice surprise. If he continues to go nuts the rest of the year, don’t be surprised he gets most improved. I kno it might be a bit too late , but he’s killing it right now
So, a run through the AAC Tournament, plus Bouknight ROY, Whaley Most Improved, Vital POY, and a fond Senior Night-type of farewell from our assembled American conference mates as the trophy is presented, right?

I don't think so

EDIT:

PS - that was not meant as any knock on you, or any thought that you were suggesting the above, but more a sense of the AAC likely not gonna go out of its way to like us as much as we on the Boneyard are liking our team and ourselves tonight.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I like "Killer"

images

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads