Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't necessarily think Whitehead is a one and done type of player, he's very good, but I don't think that good. Not the greatest size for his position or a standout athlete either. I think Briscoe is in the same boat as well, except for the size part.

I agree, I think it takes a freshman AA type season for Whitehead to bolt.

Either was Lance Stephenson, but he went anyway. I doubt a 5* player wants to be involved in a rebuilding process. If he has a statistically good season, I would think he's gone.

Lance Stephenson is never an example of the right thing to do. And Whitehead IS the rebuilding process, I believe that's what they sold him on.

Reaction Score
I agree, I think it takes a freshman AA type season for Whitehead to bolt.

Lance Stephenson is never an example of the right thing to do. And Whitehead IS the rebuilding process, I believe that's what they sold him on.

Don't you have to previously have had something built for it to be considered a rebuild?

What is Seton Hall rebuilding towards, the dumpster fire it was before??

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I didn't know that Briscoe is Kyrie Irving's cousin. Must explain the nice handles.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't we have 4 scholarships? Adams has one and Enoch is looking like this weekend
That leaves 2. We need a center. I thought we were leaning toward a SF with the last one (Jones or Clarke). We would depart from that plan for Newman (or Briscoe?) just for the pure talent but a guard will be hard to fit in this class.

caw

Reaction Score
Jones, Briscoe and Newman have all stated they prefer to commit in spring, I believe. I'm not 100% sure on. Clarke. I think that if Clarke, Adams, Enoch and say Stone/Comanche/center signs in the fall then UConn wants to keep contact with the above three depending on if anyone leaves early, at the least. Purvis and/or Hamilton could leave after this year (for example).

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Don't we have 4 scholarships? Adams has one and Enoch is looking like this weekend
That leaves 2. We need a center. I thought we were leaning toward a SF with the last one (Jones or Clarke). We would depart from that plan for Newman (or Briscoe?) just for the pure talent but a guard will be hard to fit in this class.
The dream class is Adams, Enoch, Jones, Stone and Briscoe (you don't need to worry about ships - those always work out). If we don't get Stone then hopefully you get one of the other bigs like Comanche. If you can't get Briscoe than you can hopefully add Clarke.

So in summary: Adams (done), Enoch (almost done), Jones/Clarke, Stone/Comanche, Briscoe/Clarke (in addition to Jones). I'll take any combination of 4 or 5 of those kids as long as one is a center.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So they will find another scholarship.
But you put Briscoe not Newman in the dream? I always though the dream included the Stone - Newman combo.
But I agree. If we get a real good center with Adams and Enoch, we've done well. Add in any one else from above and it is spectacular. I just don't put Koumadje in the "really good center" category

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So they will find another scholarship.
But you put Briscoe not Newman in the dream? I always though the dream included the Stone - Newman combo.
But I agree. If we get a real good center with Adams and Enoch, we've done well. Add in any one else from above and it is spectacular. I just don't put Koumadje in the "really good center" category
Not feeling Newman both in chance to get and what he adds. I'd rather have a guy who wants to work hard, get better, be a team player instead of someone getting babysat on the way to the NBA. That's just my feeling - nothing more to go on than things I've read and how they sat with me. If we get Newman, I'll be a happy fan - just prefer Briscoe.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Jones, Briscoe and Newman have all stated they prefer to commit in spring, I believe. I'm not 100% sure on. Clarke. I think that if Clarke, Adams, Enoch and say Stone/Comanche/center signs in the fall then UConn wants to keep contact with the above three depending on if anyone leaves early, at the least. Purvis and/or Hamilton could leave after this year (for example).

I think Purvis is likely (though I hope not) also because he is older, but I don't see Hamilton jumping that young. But I get your point. Some think we have a chance of losing Brimah. I don't but you never know because they draft potential.
I just hope we don't give a kid a push out the door

caw

Reaction Score
Not feeling Newman both in chance to get and what he adds. I'd rather have a guy who wants to work hard, get better, be a team player instead of someone getting babysat on the way to the NBA. That's just my feeling - nothing more to go on than things I've read and how they sat with me. If we get Newman, I'll be a happy fan - just prefer Briscoe.

By all accounts he is actually all of those things on the court (works hard, good teammate, wants to improve). He does have his "brand" off the court though, which I can't tell if it's a bad thing or not.

Reaction Score

What he adds is the best guard (and probably player) in the class. Yeah ew who would want that?? Gross

pj

Reaction Score
Would love Newman and I think if we get Stone we'll be in his final 3, but he looks like a strong Kentucky lean at this point. Briscoe likes the northeast so you have to like our chances if he waits until spring and can be the last piece of a terrific class. Regardless, if we get Adams, Enoch, and Stone, the class is fantastic regardless of what perimeter guy/guys we get to close out the class.

Reaction Score
So do we have a real shot with briscoe? It seemed like we were in a good spot, then fell back a bit after jalen Adams committed. Seems based on the talk here we are back in a good spot?

Reaction Score
So do we have a real shot with briscoe? It seemed like we were in a good spot, then fell back a bit after jalen Adams committed. Seems based on the talk here we are back in a good spot?
Getting an in-home visit and an official visit is a good sign, for sure.

Reaction Score
Top tier program + close to home. We are the only ones that can offer him that. I may be too optimistic, possibly overly hopeful, but I do and always have liked our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom