Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics. | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Huh. I just remember Rash's ole D, but it's all based on memory, so I'll defer to your more recent viewing/analysis. Perhaps DB was stronger by his senior year (2006 yuck)?

I'm not saying Rashad was a really good one-on-one defender, but he had a knack for making some big plays defensively (e.g. stripping the ball, some good blocks that were surprising). I felt that Denham should have been a better defender than he was. He seemed to have difficulty sustaining his focus on defense. Maybe he was better at the end of his career, although that's not how I remember it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's a 12-page thread with 35,000 views - you can't lock that because one person griped.

You just want people to be able to reply to your Hong Kong skyline pic. Which definitely won the comp BTW.

If it was up to me, we'd never lock threads.

Reaction Score
This could go on forever . Someday this will be over and we can post about Briscoe being a husky. Wishful thinking but one time going head to head with Kentucky over a recruit and getting him would be so cool. Takes a special kidf. What about the hall and St. John's they are still in play.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You just want people to be able to reply to your Hong Kong skyline pic. Which definitely won the comp BTW.

If it was up to me, we'd never lock threads.

Once in a blue moon, we'll have a thread that needs to be locked simply because it threatens to never, ever go away. (e.g. the Derek Jeter thread.) The rest is just overzealous moderating.

I don't like locked threads, merged thread, polls or pinned threads.

There's nothing worse than making people using their phones have to scroll past five or six pinned threads every time they load a board. It's like waterboarding.

Reaction Score
It wasn't locked for that reason. It was locked because it had less to do about recruiting than it did. With that said, removing the label and changing the title worked nicely. The whole idea of the recruiting lable was to help identify these
threads as the latest recruiting news.
It's a 12-page thread with 35,000 views - you can't lock that because one person griped.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There's nothing worse than making people using their phones have to scroll past five or six pinned threads every time they load a board. It's like waterboarding.

Gold Jerry... Gold.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This could go on forever . Someday this will be over and we can post about Briscoe being a husky. Wishful thinking but one time going head to head with Kentucky over a recruit and getting him would be so cool. Takes a special kidf. What about the hall and St. John's they are still in play.

Hey, we got Majok from underneath their clutches. They even brought him to the Derby. So we got one at least.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the same exact things are being said by both Diamond Stone and Isaiah Briscoe.

And all that needs to happen to close out UConn's best recruiting class ever is for those words to mean something in competition with two F4 teams from last year.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
He spoke way more in depth about his UConn visit and his relationship with KO as opposed to UK....not that it has any underlying meaning to it but I may or may not take it as such :D

Reaction Score
Synopsis-The UCONN visit was about being part of a team (family), player development and where he fits in our system. The UK visit was about being a star.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Briscoe coach s are so into uk

In my opinion, that article highlights an area of need for UConn - Calipari can send Rohrsson, Boeheim can send Hopkins, Self can send Townsend, etc., etc.

These guys all have assistants who are killer recruiters - Ollie can send Ollie.

We don't have that guy - if you put together a list of the top 30 recruiting assistants, we wouldn't be represented.

Next vacancy has to go to a killer.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, that article highlights an area of need for UConn - Calipari can send Rohrsson, Boeheim can send Hopkins, Self can send Townsend, etc., etc.

These guys all have assistants who are killer recruiters - Ollie can send Ollie.

We don't have that guy - if you put together a list of the top 30 recruiting assistants, we wouldn't be represented.

I agree 1000000000%

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I'm cool with him signing to UK. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him. But does anyone who's watched his tape think he's some super elite talent(espn has him top 10!)? He seems a step or two slower than the high school kids he's going against, a little lazy. Sure he has crazy handle, decent passer and can hit an off balance shot .... I think Marcus Williams on the college level is about right and like I said ill take that, but not 100% he's elite.

Reaction Score
I'm cool with him signing to UK. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him. But does anyone who's watched his tape think he's some super elite talent(espn has him top 10!)? He seems a step or two slower than the high school kids he's going against, a little lazy. Sure he has crazy handle, decent passer and can hit an off balance shot .... I think Marcus Williams on the college level is about right and like I said ill take that, but not 100% he's elite.
I feel about the same way. He doesn't strike me as a UConn type guard. I'm a tad concerned that what he provides on the offensive end, might get offset by what he's not capable of on the defensive end of the floor. We won all our championships more with what we did on the defensive end than what we did on the other end of the floor. With that said, I'm fine if we land him. He might turn out to be much better on both ends of the floor than I'm giving him credit for.

If he lands in Lexington, I don't think any of us would be shocked if he ends up the next PG who chose the cats over us to end up walking sadly off some court come March at the hands of UConn led by some lesser heralded PG. Sound familiar?!?!

Reaction Score

I agree with you but what is it about guys like Rohrssen and Hopkins that makes them killers, is it just experience and AAU ties? Hopkins has about as much personality as a doorknob and Rohrssen has the look of a slimy used car salesman. I get that Moore and Freeman are young and new to it but I would think kids would have a lot more in common and would make more of a connection with them. Again I agree with you but what is it that makes these guys closers?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree with you but what is it about guys like Rohrssen and Hopkins that makes them killers, is it just experience and AAU ties? Hopkins has about as much personality as a doorknob and Rohrssen has the look of a slimy used car salesman. I get that Moore and Freeman are young and new to it but I would think kids would have a lot more in common and would make more of a connection with them. Again I agree with you but what is it that makes these guys closers?

We need to hire Alec Baldwin (don't watch if you can't handle foul language):

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Connections, personality and an ability to sell. They know what makes these kids tick, they know what makes their parents tick and they're good at selling each on what they think they want.

You're 100% wrong about Hopkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger