Is UConn still going to PK80? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is UConn still going to PK80?

Reaction Score
For the "I keep it real about the program while you guys are blue pom pom waivers" cornball posters, Oklahoma was 11-20 last year and is currently unranked just like UConn, but they were mentioned as anchoring a bracket. Which program has more history and accomplishments in basketball?

I haven't seen a single ad or commentator mention OU in this tournament either. Guess it doesn't matter now since you already got those likes that you were clearly fishing for.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen a single ad or commentator mention OU in this tournament either. Guess it doesn't matter now since you already got those likes that you were clearly fishing for.
It doesn't matter
what the commentators say
we just have to win

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter
what the commentators say
we just have to win

Obviously, but I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that UConn isn't being mentioned as a headliner given what the last 3 years have been like and who else is in this tournament.

It truly doesn't matter though, anyone who's been watching college basketball for more than those 3 years knows what UConn is all about and don't need a TV ad to remind them anyways.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the lecture professor
Three years ago is a lifetime, right? Not a few years
North Carolina and Nova have won since then, Duke? UCLA? Oregon?
Meh, that's his act. It's not good trolling. Heck he doesn't even change it up. I think he may actually be a bot.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What about his point though? Is it not a fair one? Oklahoma made the final four two years ago, but then lost by 44. They went 11-20 last year. They've never won a national championship, while we're 3 years removed from one, and they're two years removed from being humiliated in the FF.
You want an answer? Hmm... let me see....... oh that's right.

P5. Done. Next question.

Reaction Score
You want an answer? Hmm... let me see.. oh that's right.

P5. Done. Next question.

Nah. Nobody cares about Oklahoma basketball. I'd be willing to bet UConn is a lot more valuable to ESPN as a basketball property than Oklahoma.

It's a combination of the UConn program going through some tough times and them being a program that's been overlooked historically. Some programs get the benefit of the doubt and others don't. Sure, some of it is the conference, but a lot of it transcends the conference. I'd compare us to Louisville or Florida - great programs that for whatever reason don't have the prestige that others do. I'd be willing to bet that the leading factor in that - as it is with Louisville and Florida, for different reasons - is the fan base. Saturated sports market/cold climate/not a huge state to begin with. I do think there was a time where this wasn't as true, but it was more of a novelty then. The thing that happened with Jim Calhoun can only happen once.

Reaction Score
Who cares???? I have been watching basketball all day on ESPN and really the only two teams you hear about are Duke and UNC.[/QUOTE
Seems to be a trend..... that has been and will go on for eons.

Reaction Score
Obviously, but I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that UConn isn't being mentioned as a headliner given what the last 3 years have been like and who else is in this tournament.

It truly doesn't matter though, anyone who's been watching college basketball for more than those 3 years knows what UConn is all about and don't need a TV ad to remind them anyways.

Heard that Adrian Branch goes out of his way to tout KO (they must have played together) but he also brought up Chill who's been added.

Reaction Score
The color guy is for the Utah/UNLV MGM tournament final just specifically hyped UConn and KO/Chill. We can all exhale now.

I'm on the West Coast and I didn't even stay up late enough to see the second half of this game. What time was it on the East Coast, about 2 am?

Reaction Score
I'm on the West Coast and I didn't even stay up late enough to see the second half of this game. What time was it on the East Coast, about 2 am?

Probably about when it ended. Game didn't come on until after Maui and I just had it on in the background

Reaction Score
Isn’t it 4 years now? Or am I counting wrong. We won in the 2013-2014 season. We’re now in the 2017 2018 season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom